talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Crystal Palace Hopeful of Deal

Roy Hodgson is hopeful Crystal Palace will be at the "front of the queue" should Chelsea look to offload Ruben Loftus-Cheek this summer.

Loftus-Cheek has spent the season on loan at Palace, featuring 23 times in the Premier League - one more appearance than he managed in the previous three campaigns at Chelsea combined.

The 22-year-old also earned his first senior call-up with England in November, putting in a man-of-the-match display against Germany before limping off against Brazil.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a more important decision is weather he makes the Plane for Russia. If he does and gets airtime, airtime he uses well to showgate his talent, then he will suddenly become in a price bracket which Palace will not be able to shop in. Will be an interesting few weeks for Ruben.... as long as his Achilles Heel does not kick in again n he visits the treatment room where he has his own named table.

8 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

I think a more important decision is weather he makes the Plane for Russia. If he does and gets airtime, airtime he uses well to showgate his talent, then he will suddenly become in a price bracket which Palace will not be able to shop in. Will be an interesting few weeks for Ruben.... as long as his Achilles Heel does not kick in again n he visits the treatment room where he has his own named table.

With Ox out and Wilshere not playing for over two years whilst having injury problems of his own I'd take Ruben. 

I feel playing Dier / Henderson in a midfield two against Tunisia and Panama is far too negative, which would be a good opportunity for somebody more forward thinking like Ruben to play. Drop Dier back in to defence for those first two games alongside Smalling. 

19 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

With Ox out and Wilshere not playing for over two years whilst having injury problems of his own I'd take Ruben. 

I feel playing Dier / Henderson in a midfield two against Tunisia and Panama is far too negative, which would be a good opportunity for somebody more forward thinking like Ruben to play. Drop Dier back in to defence for those first two games alongside Smalling. 

Everything you say makes sense other than Smalling. For me he is a huge liability for Manchester United and shouldnt make an International squad. After the England manager singled out his lack of faith in Smalling when in control of the ball, it would take a huge climb down by Southgate to have Smalling start any World Game, outside of injuries to others. Smalling, along with Henderson, who I have down as a nothing player when played in the middle of the park, wouldnt make my squad.

Ruben could surprise a few and I have believed for sometime Southgate wants a couple of the young players he had at under 21's in this squad. Ruben fits that bill.... but thats just the thing.... FIT..... Will he be?

20 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Everything you say makes sense other than Smalling. For me he is a huge liability for Manchester United and shouldnt make an International squad. After the England manager singled out his lack of faith in Smalling when in control of the ball, it would take a huge climb down by Southgate to have Smalling start any World Game, outside of injuries to others. Smalling, along with Henderson, who I have down as a nothing player when played in the middle of the park, wouldnt make my squad.

Ruben could surprise a few and I have believed for sometime Southgate wants a couple of the young players he had at under 21's in this squad. Ruben fits that bill.... but thats just the thing.... FIT..... Will he be?

Completely forgot he said that about Smalling. Southgates definitely got more balls than I give him credit for.

If we're talking midfield we'll probably see Henderson and Dier start together, but for me if he's fit Lallana is a must. Then look at fitting the likes of Alli, Lingard, Loftus-Cheek in.

I don't think we have a centre midfielder who is a good passer and I've not seen enough of Chamberlain in that position to suggest that's he's not someone who generally works in wide or advanced central positions. Wilshere for me was our best hope, then Barkley but neither have really worked out.

• 1 month later...

Hopefully their transfer policy is the same as last year. We get Ruben for five million and they pay thirty five for versatile England capped defender Martin Kelly.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek has threatened to leave Chelsea if he is not guaranteed first-team football next season.

The 22-year-old has made 31 appearances for the Blues since making his debut in December 2014, 19 coming as a substitute, and the lack of opportunities led to him spending last season on loan at Crystal Palace.

Loftus-Cheek came off the bench in England's 2-1 win over Tunisia and could be handed a starting berth against Panama on Sunday if Dele Alli fails to recover from a thigh strain.

But the midfielder knows he needs to be playing regularly at club level in order to remain in contention for his country.

Is there an actual quote or statement from him? Big words if true given he's managed what? 1 goal all season?

If Bakayoko was given chance after chance to impress, surely Reuben Loftus-Cheek does. Especially if we go back to a three man midfield. Reuben Loftus-Cheek has all the talent to make it, just needs to confidence and hopefully the next manager can instill that within him. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived