talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Fixtures

• Administrator

Your thoughts? Traditional top 6 don't meet on purpose as the fixtures are engineered to prevent this. 

Is this fair? Would it make it more competitive if this prevention was lifted? 

Are big clubs getting preferential treatment (on this matter and in general)? 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
22 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Whilst it should be at random it never will be. Everything's usually wrapped up by the final game of the season so Sky will miss out on a 'massive' Super Sunday if Liverpool play Chelsea in a dramaless fixture then.

True and I can tolerate where there's safety/police requirements which prevent this, or cross-sport circumstances (like Leicester Tigers/Leicester City won't play at home on same day) but with the info above they're determinining it themselves and taking it in to their own hands just to benefit top 6?

13 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

By top six they mean that clubs that finish  top six last season ? If it is then i'm okay with this 

Nah, traditional top 6 is Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Tottenham, Liverpool and Chelsea. 

I don't think the league would be as entertaining if the fixtures were random so I'm OK with it being set up a certain way

11 hours ago, Stan said:

Nah, traditional top 6 is Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Tottenham, Liverpool and Chelsea. 

That's wrong then

Although i'm in favour of seeding in fixtures based on perfomance though.

If they go complete random, we can have City playing all their difficult games early in the season and then they will get all the bottom half teams in the end while United can get the other way around which will make things a bit uneven for me.

Just like the Euro 2016 qualifying England played Switzerland in the first game and after that win their qualification was sealed in the first game !

Archived