talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The future of football?

football forum

How do you see football changing in the future? How do you think it will be in 100, 200 or more years time?
 I think VAR will become more advanced, technology may be used for offsides so they are detected straight away. I think as travel becomes easier and faster a world club tournament will grow. I think it is possible there may be a breakaway from fifa and another organization  formed. I also think there will be some kind of crash at some point. Someone I know who is an expert in finances says it's impossible for football to keep going the way it is. He says one day it will crash unless it's growth slows. This could lead to a more even playing field. Will be interesting to see what happens. I also think womens football will grow. Not sure it will ever equal the mens in terms of interest but I'm sure it will get bigger.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

That's the kind of reply i expect from happyblue :D

In all seriousness, I do think that there will be major changes in VAR that will make it much more accurate and efficient - I think you're right about that.

The thing about a break-off organisation from FIFA is... yeah it's totally possible it could happen, but at the same time if FIFA owns the naming rights to things like the "World Cup" it just makes it hard for anyone to challenge their authority on things.

And your friend is definitely correct that the money in football right now is simply unsustainable. It's either going to lead to a lot of lower leagues and their clubs having to shut down... or it's going to lead to widespread reforms in the regulation of football clubs and how they can spend. And I'm not sure if those regulations will be from FIFA and international, or based on whatever conference these leagues are in... but I imagine for parity international would be best. Otherwise you might see the best players fuck off to China, the MLS (although they've got regulations already and are kind of handicapped by those), or places like the UAE, if they don't have the same regulations so they can pay more. 

If there was a breakaway FIFA they could call it a world cup but they could call it something similar. There is a lot of distain for FIFA so I think it is possible

I would like to see some parity between teams... maybe there should be a rule like every team should field atleast 6-7 players from their own academy or something similar to that

24 minutes ago, Asura said:

I would like to see some parity between teams... maybe there should be a rule like every team should field atleast 6-7 players from their own academy or something similar to that

Not sure about academy but I think having to field home grown players would be beneficial

• Subscriber

Some things I think we'll see in a century

• Pitches will be far more technologically advanced than they are today. The romantics will groan but it baffles me how far we've come in pressure and linear detection technology yet you need a cock-eyed overpaid cunt to determine if a ball went out or not. That's something I want to see gone in the next 20 years forget a 100. VAR is a step in a possibly great technological change for the sport but its probably the precursor to a better managed system where rules that get the human treatment such as calling fouls, penalties, deciding offsides, determining if a player is actually injured to stop play, etc will all become far more accurate leaving the man in the middle as an artifact of a more "mistake-driven" era in the sport.
  • Medical technology will make players far more resilient and we're kind of seeing that in its mildest form today based on how much attention they already receive but its going to only get better with the increasing boom in technology companies running out the door to get into the health sector. Watch this space because in next decade there are going to be some serious breakthroughs that will change not just personal health but a lot of other arenas where it is sorely needed.

A lot will change in a 100 years and like anything you'll have the good and the bad but I do hope that we still see players miss absolute sitters,  have fans be as boisterous as they can be, stadiums and cities hold onto their heritage in the sport, get the opportunity to watch an underdog go farther than anyone else or win it all and the other good things the sport has to offer now. 

55 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Some things I think we'll see in a century

• Pitches will be far more technologically advanced than they are today. The romantics will groan but it baffles me how far we've come in pressure and linear detection technology yet you need a cock-eyed overpaid cunt to determine if a ball went out or not. That's something I want to see gone in the next 20 years forget a 100. VAR is a step in a possibly great technological change for the sport but its probably the precursor to a better managed system where rules that get the human treatment such as calling fouls, penalties, deciding offsides, determining if a player is actually injured to stop play, etc will all become far more accurate leaving the man in the middle as an artifact of a more "mistake-driven" era in the sport.
  • Medical technology will make players far more resilient and we're kind of seeing that in its mildest form today based on how much attention they already receive but its going to only get better with the increasing boom in technology companies running out the door to get into the health sector. Watch this space because in next decade there are going to be some serious breakthroughs that will change not just personal health but a lot of other arenas where it is sorely needed.

A lot will change in a 100 years and like anything you'll have the good and the bad but I do hope that we still see players miss absolute sitters,  have fans be as boisterous as they can be, stadiums and cities hold onto their heritage in the sport, get the opportunity to watch an underdog go farther than anyone else or win it all and the other good things the sport has to offer now. 

One thing we may see with medical advances is players playing into their forties.                      I also think fans knowledge of the game will improve. With all the information available I would imagine the average fan is more educated in the game than 20 years ago.  It will be interesting to see what rule changes happen as well. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

One thing we may see with medical advances is players playing into their forties.                      I also think fans knowledge of the game will improve. With all the information available I would imagine the average fan is more educated in the game than 20 years ago.  It will be interesting to see what rule changes happen as well. 

Think thats also an outcome of better health care when people are younger as well. It goes a long way when you're medically better taken of so your body gets the help it needs but you're right we're going to see longevity become more common.

20 hours ago, Asura said:

the champions league will become a 22 team competition with 42 home and away matches. This will give the great clubs across Europe a more level revenue stream. 

Each domestic league winner acrid Europe's biggest 7 leagues will be promoted into the league and the lowest ranked team will be relegated. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

the champions league will become a 22 team competition with 42 home and away matches. This will give the great clubs across Europe a more level revenue stream. 

Each domestic league winner acrid Europe's biggest 7 leagues will be promoted into the league and the lowest ranked team will be relegated. 

Why the fuck did you quote me if you arent responding to what I have written mate  :cardY:

Archived