talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Antonio Conte to Make Announcement on his Future at the End of the Season

Antonio Conte says a decision over his future at Chelsea will become clear once they have finished their season in less than two weeks' time.

The Blues end their campaign at Wembley on May 19 in the FA Cup final against Manchester United - meaning Conte's final game in charge could come against Jose Mourinho, with whom he has had a rocky relationship.

Conte's future has been speculated upon for some time, with reports suggesting he is unhappy with the club's transfer policy.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Avid Chelsea fans that follow every moment and detail of a season's football are obviously more in the know. From an outsider's point of view all the flack being thrown at Antonio Conte for this season's mishaps seems rather harsh. The guy started complaining about recruitment before this season even kicked off and the attempt to defend the Premier League title.  So some modem of understanding has to be given to him in my view where this is concerned... After that, he has been a whinger and his professionalism should've taken over to make the most from what he has like for example Diego Simeone has done across the water in the capital of Spain.  Not to say that Simeone himself hasn't had his moments of whinging over there during the years he's been in charge at Atlético Madrid... The difference being that El Cholo's odd moments of whingerelling in press conferences have been aimed at the disparity between the haves and have nots in La Liga with the obvious difficulty that this entails to compete.

I continue to believe Antonio Conte is a top coach, but that due to his personality his character flaw ends up being his worst enemy and seems to have a defeatist self destruction button inside him which he activates and then there's no way back.

It will be more than interesting if in the event of Conte's departure and with their North London counterparts also searching to fill the coaching slot, what occurs and if the plans have already been worked on by both in the background without the press being in the know.

Should of been sacked weeks ago after that shameful showing at the Ethiad. 

He can moan all he wants about the board not letting him have a say in transfers, but the fact we have gone from 2nd to 5th in a matter of weeks, is all his own doing. Atrocious and negative football. Playing 5 defenders against weak opposition. Starting a false 9 when we have strikers available. Continuing to bench performers while we have utter liabilities who play week in and week out. We had enough quality and experience to lock 2nd/3rd place, but after he threw his little tantrum, we have suffered tremendously. 

Enough is enough. Yes the board are fully responsible for us not being able to compete in the league and Europe, but Conte is to blame for the atrocious football being played that had us drop 3 positions in the table. 

The common denominator in all of this, is appointing a conservative manager. This needs to end once and for all. 

Not sure why every single manager we get is forcing a system that doesn't work? Okay the 343 caught the league by surprise it worked, at the start of the next season in the early days it was obvious every single team counters it. Why at that point don't you change things and try something different?

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has admitted he is now beginning to worry about speculation over his future at the club.

Having managed the Blues to a Premier League title in his first season at Stamford Bridge, Conte has struggled to draw the same level of performance from his players in his second campaign.

Chelsea were held to a 1-1 draw by Huddersfield on Wednesday evening and as a result, are relying on results elsewhere to have any chance of qualifying next season's Champions League.

Chelsea midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko would be “disappointed” to see head coach Antonio Conte leave the club this summer.

The Italian looks set to depart Stamford Bridge at the end of the season having seen his side's hopes of Champions League qualification fade with a draw against Huddersfield on Wednesday night.

Despite potential FA Cup glory this month and leading Chelsea to the Premier League title last year, Conte's future has been in doubt this season with reports suggesting the Blues have already lined up possible replacements for Conte.

Seeing as it's probably his last PL game for Chelsea today, I want to say good luck to Conte.

I like him actually. I think he is a decent bloke and a very capable manager. I don't necessarily agree with him cutting his nose off to spite his face like he seems to have done this season with not playing certain players who were brought in from the club (e.g Drinkwater, Barkley), but I do feel like he's been fighting a lot of unnecessary battles with little support. Losing Emanalo clearly was a blow. I think the verbal spat's with Jose was a learning curve for him, that rattled him a bit. The whole Costa issue etc.

And I feel quite bad for him that he's been the fall guy amongst the fans who loved him to bits this time last year. They have done a full 180 on him too easily for me. Things have not gone to plan this season but it can't all be Conte's fault.

I reckon he might end up back at Juventus if Allegri goes so good luck to him either way. Would love to see him bow out winning the Cup.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Seeing as it's probably his last PL game for Chelsea today, I want to say good luck to Conte.

I like him actually. I think he is a decent bloke and a very capable manager. I don't necessarily agree with him cutting his nose off to spite his face like he seems to have done this season with not playing certain players who were brought in from the club (e.g Drinkwater, Barkley), but I do feel like he's been fighting a lot of unnecessary battles with little support. Losing Emanalo clearly was a blow. I think the verbal spat's with Jose was a learning curve for him, that rattled him a bit. The whole Costa issue etc.

And I feel quite bad for him that he's been the fall guy amongst the fans who loved him to bits this time last year. They have done a full 180 on him too easily for me. Things have not gone to plan this season but it can't all be Conte's fault.

I reckon he might end up back at Juventus if Allegri goes so good luck to him either way. Would love to see him bow out winning the Cup.

It is a mix from our shit board, to him being persistent in system that stopped working after our title win. However if the next game in the Fa Cup is really his last i would wish him all the best, and i know he will easily find a big job as it should be. 

We aren't out of the top 4 because of the board, we are because of Conte. We had enough experience in the team to do so. 

After his little tantrum in January, we've gone from 2nd to 5th in a matter of weeks. 5 defenders against weak opposition. Playing a false 9 when strikers are available. Continuing to play utter liabilities when better options are available. Implementing atrocious and cowardly football week in week out. 

His time has run out. The club needs to move forward from this type of football, and appointing Allegri or Simeone will only delay the inevitable. Another step backward. 

14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We aren't out of the top 4 because of the board, we are because of Conte. We had enough experience in the team to do so. 

After his little tantrum in January, we've gone from 2nd to 5th in a matter of weeks. 5 defenders against weak opposition. Playing a false 9 when strikers are available. Continuing to play utter liabilities when better options are available. Implementing atrocious and cowardly football week in week out. 

His time has run out. The club needs to move forward from this type of football, and appointing Allegri or Simeone will only delay the inevitable. Another step backward. 

Allegri has nothing to do with both Conte and Simeone though. Allegri is a much more open minded coach although he is very tactical which isn't something negative.

48 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Allegri has nothing to do with both Conte and Simeone though. Allegri is a much more open minded coach although he is very tactical which isn't something negative.

*subs in Sturato in the 89th minute*

bom2vI6.png

On 5/10/2018 at 07:36, SirBalon said:

Avid Chelsea fans that follow every moment and detail of a season's football are obviously more in the know. From an outsider's point of view all the flack being thrown at Antonio Conte for this season's mishaps seems rather harsh. The guy started complaining about recruitment before this season even kicked off and the attempt to defend the Premier League title.  So some modem of understanding has to be given to him in my view where this is concerned... After that, he has been a whinger and his professionalism should've taken over to make the most from what he has like for example Diego Simeone has done across the water in the capital of Spain.  Not to say that Simeone himself hasn't had his moments of whinging over there during the years he's been in charge at Atlético Madrid... The difference being that El Cholo's odd moments of whingerelling in press conferences have been aimed at the disparity between the haves and have nots in La Liga with the obvious difficulty that this entails to compete.

I continue to believe Antonio Conte is a top coach, but that due to his personality his character flaw ends up being his worst enemy and seems to have a defeatist self destruction button inside him which he activates and then there's no way back.

It will be more than interesting if in the event of Conte's departure and with their North London counterparts also searching to fill the coaching slot, what occurs and if the plans have already been worked on by both in the background without the press being in the know.

On 5/10/2018 at 13:34, Cicero said:

Should of been sacked weeks ago after that shameful showing at the Ethiad. 

He can moan all he wants about the board not letting him have a say in transfers, but the fact we have gone from 2nd to 5th in a matter of weeks, is all his own doing. Atrocious and negative football. Playing 5 defenders against weak opposition. Starting a false 9 when we have strikers available. Continuing to bench performers while we have utter liabilities who play week in and week out. We had enough quality and experience to lock 2nd/3rd place, but after he threw his little tantrum, we have suffered tremendously. 

Enough is enough. Yes the board are fully responsible for us not being able to compete in the league and Europe, but Conte is to blame for the atrocious football being played that had us drop 3 positions in the table. 

The common denominator in all of this, is appointing a conservative manager. This needs to end once and for all. 

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

If it is to be his last game for us ( and listening to all the vocals being put out it sure feels that way ) I do wish him luck for the future... I thought he was going to be a good fit for Chelsea, experienced, professional and able to make the most of what he had available but something has changed this season and I get the feeling he may have brought a fair bit of this upon himself...   Fair enough the club were seemingly unable to secure the services of the players he might have preferred or wanted and in no way can the blame for a poor transfer window be laid at his door. If after winning the Premiership and being in the Champions League was not going to be enough to lure some top quality players to us then either there is something wrong with the Manager that players are not drawn to or the clubs inability to meet the fees/wages etc...  I will go with the latter.. 

As for the man himself I felt he has kind of let himself down with some of the negative comments he has, and continued to make pretty much most of this season. We know we have not got stronger reinforcements, We know that the squad in comparison to say City & United has not had the levels of money thrown at it compared to the past and We know that this season was going to be tougher than the previous one.. Laying the blame for it after games where we have simply under performed against sides that have been far weaker than us just doesn't cut the mustard for me.. This is either a tactical or motivational issue and can only rest with the players or Manager... I could understand losing out to the likes of City, Barca etc because the club have not invested in comparison but drawing at home to Huddersfield, Losing to Palace and West Ham, Burnley on the opening day and getting crushed by both Watford and Bournemouth is frankly not anywhere near good enough for a side that hopes to compete at the top of the tree in all competitions... what's worse for me is there seems to be a repeating pattern emerging... this is not the first time we have been through this cycle where we have done well one season then massively slumped the next, and that's under 2 different Managers what's the saying.. The definition of Insanity is when you do the same thing over and over again but expect different results.. 

Again you can't help feel that the club keeps having this short term gain long term pain plan, rather than flipping it on it's head.. Unless we invest in some longevity with both Manager and Youth we will always have these phases sadly.. On the playing side it's almost as if the players are lacking the motivation or will to win... most of them have already won a lot of stuff and it's great when you have an easy time of it but get the feeling they are lacking the hunger or desire to keep performing at a high level.. This wouldn't be an issue with the youth who are probably gagging to prove themselves on the big stage.. 

A lot of people forget that we had a nice easy stroll of the league when we won it.. No Champions league to worry about and both City and United still in transition gave us a fairly comfortable path to the title... It was always going to be about how we handled this season with the extra workload.. Pretty much all of us to a man knew that after the close of the summer transfer window we didn't really have much more in terms of depth and we would struggle and so it has proven to be but even with the lack of transfers we have a decent enough squad to compete for at least 3rd spot.. Spurs have shown a steady improvement and look what Dyche has done with Burnley on a budget.. don't tell me that with our resources and players all we can expect is 4th or 5th.. 

Conte has come across as a bit whingy this season and rather than knuckling down and making the best of it he has often been very vocal about a lack of transfer activity and lack of support.. He may well be right on those fronts but moaning about it all the time changes nothing and just serves to cause a rift not only with the club but also might lead the players to believe they have done the best they can even though it has been woefully short at times... It's almost as though he has not been able to handle the pressure or has reacted negatively to anything he feels might question his decision making tactically.. not something you might normally associate with him.. 

Another clean break is on the cards because we all know how it goes at Chelsea..  

No news from Conte, but Sarri stated this yesterday

“In life, everything comes to an end. Sometimes it’s better to finish stories while they are good. When I arrived, the team had finished 24 points off the top. Now, we are four points behind.”

“We have not reached the target, but the journey has been fantastic. Tomorrow I will talk to my family before anyone else. The (club) president needs a response quickly.”

“I don’t think I could go to another Italian team immediately. The memory of Napoli would be too strong.”

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

No news from Conte, but Sarri stated this yesterday

“In life, everything comes to an end. Sometimes it’s better to finish stories while they are good. When I arrived, the team had finished 24 points off the top. Now, we are four points behind.”

“We have not reached the target, but the journey has been fantastic. Tomorrow I will talk to my family before anyone else. The (club) president needs a response quickly.”

“I don’t think I could go to another Italian team immediately. The memory of Napoli would be too strong.”

How happy would you be if you got Sarri?

59 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'd enter Euphoria 

Enough to post a picture wearing speedos? :ph34r:

I get what you mean though and you’ve been asking for a coach with this philosophy for a long time. 

5 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Liverpool finished 4th again didnt they?

This Sarri bloke I have no idea why he is linked with our club.

What limited knowledge then - Sarri has done excellently with Napoli - he was unlucky that Juventus had unbeatable consistency, but he passed the 90 point mark with Napoli in Serie A. No small feat.

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

What limited knowledge then - Sarri has done excellently with Napoli - he was unlucky that Juventus had unbeatable consistency, but he passed the 90 point mark with Napoli in Serie A. No small feat.

First time ever that's happened where they didn't win the title. While playing the best football in the league nor the same budget as the Milans and Juve

Archived