talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Antonio Conte to Make Announcement on his Future at the End of the Season

Just now, Cicero said:

First time ever that's happened where they didn't win the title. While playing the best football in the league. 

Sarri may have not won anything but he's made Napoli consistent - something that they were not in the past. They were just unfortunate Juventus won every game in front of them.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Blue said:

What limited knowledge then - Sarri has done excellently with Napoli - he was unlucky that Juventus had unbeatable consistency, but he passed the 90 point mark with Napoli in Serie A. No small feat.

Haha what a muppet, sucked you in & u even got someone to up you..... hilarious (but he is STILL in so much pain) ..... Bloke hasnt won anything as my previous question which no1 bit.

Always an easy one :ay:

1 minute ago, The Liquidator said:

Haha what a muppet, sucked you in & u even got someone to up you..... hilarious (but he is STILL in so much pain) ..... Bloke hasnt won anything as my previous question which no1 bit.

Always an easy one :ay:

What was the point of your post then? To look retarted?

20 minutes ago, Blue said:

What was the point of your post then? To look retarted?

I was unfair to you Blue. You wasnt the person I wanted.

Yes I know all about Sarri and I believe he should not be anywhere near my club. That was the general belief at the weekend too.

My Italian Chelsea fans tell me Sarri is a gobshite who is trading on the one good year. These are the same guys who told us Conte was the best manager around when we first got him and for that first season, we could see why.

Oh well, we shall see.

1 minute ago, The Liquidator said:

I was unfair to you Blue. You wasnt the person I wanted.

Yes I know all about Sarri and I believe he should not be anywhere near my club. That was the general belief at the weekend too.

My Italian Chelsea fans tell me Sarri is a gobshit who is trading on the one good year. These are the same guys who told us Conte was the best manager around when we first got him and for that first season, we could see why.

Oh well, we shall see.

I find it shocking that you don't want Sarri, he's probably the best realistic option and will also play entertaining football with added results, but you know each to their own.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

I find it shocking that you don't want Sarri, he's probably the best realistic option and will also play entertaining football with added results, but you know each to their own.

Sadly for us and the way the club go about hiring and firing Managers it probably only serves as a potential bumper payday for most so it's hard to keep attracting top managers all the time,  Guardiola is probably a good example of a manager that can see that the Chelsea job was fraught with danger so sidestepped it and he would have been a good example of the type of manager we needed but they have the second year curse placed upon them.. hardly inspiring for those that might be able to build something more long term is it.. 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Sadly for us and the way the club go about hiring and firing Managers it probably only serves as a potential bumper payday for most so it's hard to keep attracting top managers all the time,  Guardiola is probably a good example of a manager that can see that the Chelsea job was fraught with danger so sidestepped it and he would have been a good example of the type of manager we needed but they have the second year curse placed upon them.. hardly inspiring for those that might be able to build something more long term is it.. 

I think Sarri is more of a short term manager to be honest. He's got building aspects about him, but his style of football is that of one that can kick off quickly. At a club like Napoli, its hard to tell. They've improved bit by bit every year under him, but I think its more because he's kept the players and they developed. The signings in the past 3 windows for Napoli have been terrible. Image rights keep plaguing the club.

How can the question be “What has he won?” :dam:

That’s the sort of comment that winds me up because it makes it plainly obvious the person is very limited and has few opinions generated by himself.

Go and bury your cells in social media for crying out loud. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

How can the question be “What has he won?” :dam:

That’s the sort of comment that winds me up because it makes it plainly obvious the person is very limited and has few opinions generated by himself.

Go and bury your cells in social media for crying out loud. 

May as well sign a manager that has won the John Paint trophy over Maurizio Sarri. Panchina d'oro must obviously mean nothing around here. 

Antonio Conte is one step away from Chelsea: according to Premium Sport, the Italian technician is expected in these hours in London to formalize his farewell from #CFC. The announcement could maybe even arrive in the next few hours. (calciomercato.com)

The termination of contract is a contentious issue though, as #CFC wants a consentual resolution of the contract, but Conte intends to terminate it to get his termination fee for the one season that is left on the deal. (calciomercato.com)

Simon phillips - (On how far Chelsea are with appointng a new manager) “Yeah I believe the pieces of the puzzle will all start to fall into place once Conte has departed officially.”

I would like to thank Maurizio Sarri for his precious dedication to Calcio Napoli, which has made it possible to give prestige and emotions to the city and to the blue fans all over the world, creating a model of play admired everywhere and by anyone. Bravo Maurizio. - Aurelio De Laurentiis

6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Seriously, does it even matter who the next Chelsea manager is? 

Whoever takes over Conte will be gone in 2 years anyway. 

Yes, it does. Our youth and development teams are playing wonderful attacking/ high -press football. It's about time our first team does the same. 

Even if Sarri is only here for 2 years, it shows that the club are willing to move away from conservative football. 

42 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Yes, it does. Our youth and development teams are playing wonderful attacking/ high -press football. It's about time our first team does the same. 

Even if Sarri is only here for 2 years, it shows that the club are willing to move away from conservative football. 

Pointless if they then hire Fabio Capello 2 years later xD

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You been living under a rock? xD

Ancelotti was appointed yesterday as Napoli manager. 

Nope - But for some reason was thinking Lazio instead of Napoli. Haha whoops. 

53 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Do you Chelsea fans actually like any of your managers you've had since becoming Abramovich FC? xD 

Bunch of ingrates. 

Ancellotti, Di Matteo, Conte, Ranieri, Mourinho (the first time around) are all managers I like to this day.

Archived