talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Robert Huth - Leaving Leicester City

Hold back the tears lads @Stan @Dan

Leicester have revealed that Robert Huth will depart the club at the end of the season.

Huth was an integral part of Leicester's 2015/16 Premier League title-winning side, starting all but three fixtures.

Injuries have prevented Huth from making an appearance for Claude Puel's side this season and the club have opted not to renew his contract, which expires this summer.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I think we've missed Huth more than a lot of our fans realise. Maguire's a very popular player with our fans and rightly so, but I do think defensively Huth was more reliable. I always thought he was the better of the Huth / Morgan partnership.

Huth has to be pound for pound one of our best ever signings. He came in on loan in January 2015 and played a huge part in our great escape, before then going onto being a Premier League champion for a third time (the only player in our side that year who had previous experience of it) at the heart of a defence that went on a run of 11 clean sheets in 15 games. Not to mention that he got the goal that won a crucial game away at Spurs and two away at Man City, incredibly.

A shoddy footballer technically. Took the worst free-kick I have ever seen in my life, I've never seen so many people laughing at a game. Pretty much both sides were laughing at it.

But defensively, a real leader, a rock solid centre half and if he can return to any fitness, then someone like Cardiff could do a lot worse. Maybe even a move back to Stoke. I'll never be able to grasp why they let him go for so little when you look at their defending in the past few years.

An inevitable departure but he's been fantastic for us.

• Administrator

Was always going to leave due to injuries that have prevented him from playing much football this year. I think a few cameo appearances in the U23s (I know) is all he has been able to muster up this season.

He leaves with the memories of the part he played a couple of seasons ago though. Nearly getting a hat-trick away at Man City, the sole goal against Spurs which, for some fans, was the sign that we might go on to win the league and just an all round decent player for us in that time. We needed someone who would take no shit and be a bit of a beast at the back and Morgan was aided a lot by how good Huth was. Very reliable player and as Dan says if he can fend off any further injuries he'd be a good purchase for a Championship club.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived