talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Final Matchday - Sunday 13th May

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Embarrassment, laughing stock, disgrace. Make a sentence out of those, I've been posting it all season and I'm not wasting my time typing it again about this football club and everyone associated with it.

If rather watch us play in the Championship than have this be what represents my club for another second.

Fuck off Sam and take 90% of these with you please. 

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Embarrassment, laughing stock, disgrace. Make a sentence out of those, I've been posting it all season and I'm not wasting my time typing it again about this football club and everyone associated with it.

Everton are an embarrasment, a laughing stock, and a disgrace.

Fuck me that was satisfying.

• Administrator

Finished 5-4. 

I know it's end of the season and a dead rubber, but if you're scoring 4 away from home in any game you shouldn't be losing. Mental game with a few good goals but shambolic defending from both sides.

To be honest though, for as bad as Everton's football has been... they've only finished one spot under where I think they should be about in the table. I think Leicester & Everton should right now be considered, on paper at least, the "best of the rest."

I think Leicester is a bit better than them, so finishing above Leicester isn't bad for Everton.

But Burley have shown them up.

I fully agree though that Everton fans have the right to be wanting better football and more ambition and progressing forward rather than falling right about where you'd expect. But on paper it doesn't look as bad as it's seemed to Everton fans. But a bad return on investment in the transfer market for sure. And Fat Sam will produce shite football. So you 2 have a right to be aggrieved.

Not a great performance but nice to end the Arsene Wenger era with a win. Xhaka MOTM for us, another good performance from him. 

Don't know what the hell was going on in the Chelsea & Leicester games...

Heaviest defeat against Newcastle since the 1974, got everything we deserved. Completely outplayed and Newcastle earned their win much much easier than they should have. Our players came out to complete the 90 minutes and go home, no desire to win gave up on the league after the Huddersfield draw. Pretty much expect the same next weekend in the Fa Cup if we repeat this performance.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Finished 5-4. 

I know it's end of the season and a dead rubber, but if you're scoring 4 away from home in any game you shouldn't be losing. Mental game with a few good goals but shambolic defending from both sides.

I think Spurs deserve some credit for their mentality though. Nothing really for them to play for other than pride and giving the fans a good last home match. And they've had an incredible comeback despite nothing really massive on the line for them. For as much as the result says something about your players mentality, it also says a lot about Spurs and their unwillingness to lie down at 2 goals down.

If they can keep the core of that side together despite the wage structure there, they'll keep growing as a club imo. That kind of fightback should give them confidence for their chances next season (assuming the core of that side & Pochettino stay).

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Spurs deserve some credit for their mentality though. Nothing really for them to play for other than pride and giving the fans a good last home match. And they've had an incredible comeback despite nothing really massive on the line for them. For as much as the result says something about your players mentality, it also says a lot about Spurs and their unwillingness to lie down at 2 goals down.

If they can keep the core of that side together despite the wage structure there, they'll keep growing as a club imo. That kind of fightback should give them confidence for their chances next season (assuming the core of that side & Pochettino stay).

I said this at the end of last season about them I think and I don't think they've progressed...

A good run in the Champions League and could have arguably gone further but there's only so long players will wait to win some trophies. 

Just now, Stan said:

I said this at the end of last season about them I think and I don't think they've progressed...

A good run in the Champions League and could have arguably gone further but there's only so long players will wait to win some trophies. 

I don't think success is neccesarily attained immediately though. I realise a Leicester fan might see things differently with your miracle title win that I'm crazy fucking jealous of... but while they haven't really improved in the league I don't think they've done bad in Europe. They went down valiently against a very good side.

With their financial constraints, the concern is they might have to sell to bring in the one or 2 more players they need to make the next step up.

But the more they continually qualify for the CL the longer they can keep making reasonable progression to long term goals. In the short term they've got a bit more of a limited window of opportunity to win the title - which I think is the case for all clubs that aren't Chelsea or the Manchester Clubs. Because they have a quality side they need to keep together and improve upon. But they're competing against a lot of good sides.

• Subscriber

I don't think Spurs played that well in all honesty. I thought we were probably worth a point. Then again I always maintain when you defend like that you deserve nothing so maybe not.

Positives are that our attacking players looked great today. Vardy lethal, Iheanacho's looking like he might come good after all, and even Gray played well (although god knows what he was doing for Spurs' 4th). Mahrez obviously is great but he's clearly going to be leaving.

The defence is just beyond a shambles. Only Watford, West Ham, Stoke and Bournemouth conceded more than us this season. That's massively concerning.

There are foundations here for a good side, but this season unfortunately is going to be looked on as a missed opportunity and I can only see the likes of Newcastle, Everton and West Ham strengthening next year. To come below Everton after the season they had is pretty appalling to be honest.

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think success is neccesarily attained immediately though. I realise a Leicester fan might see things differently with your miracle title win that I'm crazy fucking jealous of... but while they haven't really improved in the league I don't think they've done bad in Europe. They went down valiently against a very good side.

With their financial constraints, the concern is they might have to sell to bring in the one or 2 more players they need to make the next step up.

But the more they continually qualify for the CL the longer they can keep making reasonable progression to long term goals. In the short term they've got a bit more of a limited window of opportunity to win the title - which I think is the case for all clubs that aren't Chelsea or the Manchester Clubs. Because they have a quality side they need to keep together and improve upon. But they're competing against a lot of good sides.

I agree on all points mate. But it's been said by some for a few seasons that Spurs need to push on 'next season'. But how long does that go on for? 

I agree especially that consistent CL qualification is a big thing and gives pulling power to the club alongside others who also qualify for Europe.

• Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

I don't think Spurs played that well in all honesty. I thought we were probably worth a point. Then again I always maintain when you defend like that you deserve nothing so maybe not.

Positives are that our attacking players looked great today. Vardy lethal, Iheanacho's looking like he might come good after all, and even Gray played well (although god knows what he was doing for Spurs' 4th). Mahrez obviously is great but he's clearly going to be leaving.

The defence is just beyond a shambles. Only Watford, West Ham, Stoke and Bournemouth conceded more than us this season. That's massively concerning.

There are foundations here for a good side, but this season unfortunately is going to be looked on as a missed opportunity and I can only see the likes of Newcastle, Everton and West Ham strengthening next year. To come below Everton after the season they had is pretty appalling to be honest.

at times, Iheanacho, Gray, Mahrez and Vardy all linked very well. Moreso in that first half when we played with a lot of freedom and had 4 at the back. 

Iheanacho's goal was my favourite of the day. Proper belted it in after holding off Wanyama. 

46 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Their players haven't seem arsed lately at all, other than when they were playing us last week. I think they know Conte's getting the sack - but they seemed to up their game against us. Maybe they're looking to show their future manager they can compete in the big matches, and not giving a shit about the less glamourous shite? If that's the case, I think maybe they won't be so dogshit in the final.

Although in all honesty, I think Chelsea are going to lose that final in pretty dismal fashion.

I would be very surprised if we won. Conte has a very poor record in the cup competitions as well which doesn't get talked about enough. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

at times, Iheanacho, Gray, Mahrez and Vardy all linked very well. Moreso in that first half when we played with a lot of freedom and had 4 at the back. 

Iheanacho's goal was my favourite of the day. Proper belted it in after holding off Wanyama. 

The attacking in the last two games has been excellent at times. Obviously it helps that Arsenal and Spurs will give you more space in behind which everyone knows is our strength.

I think having a proper pair of attacking full-backs would make the world of difference to us going forward against the crap sides. You imagine you've got someone like Ricardo overlapping Mahrez rather than Simpson, it stretches these teams in a way we aren't currently capable of.

It's a big summer for us and we need to have a good one.

On 10/5/2018 at 13:34, Storts said:

Pressure is off us now although would be nice to finish 3rd, but we are playing really badly, think there will be goals, but not much quality 

Spot on yet again

• The topic was unpinned

Archived