• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Riyad Mahrez Finally Moves to Man City

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Dan said:

We're wanting £80mil apparently.

Will have a right laugh if Man City baulk at it. They're one of the reasons the market is so inflated.

Yeah that's about market value for him. And yeah clubs like them are why thr market is crazy now.

Granted we're not innocent either. We sell to spend, but we demanded some crazy money from Coutinho. And then we dropped crazy money for VvD. At the beginning of the summer, some signings that first seemed expensive now look like total bargains after Neymar.

It's totally fucking mental.

I wish we could compete City for his signature though. We need to have quality in depth if we want to stay fighting the top sides. We've got a great front 3, but the depth isn't great compared to the Manchester clubs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Whispers that it may fall through. Neither club is willing to budge.

I reckon he leaves us and ends up at Chelsea or Man Utd.

Arsenal. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Arsenal. 

I'm no Arsenal lover but the way Man City are being about this I actually think I'd rather he went to Arsenal after all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Riyad Mahrez Close to Finalising Man City Move
3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Interesting that there seems to be no inflation of fees this transfer window.

Last summer they inflated to perverse amounts after the Neymar to PSG move... This year it's about getting your deals done before Real Madrid get into action.

• Subscriber

We both need the deal doing really, annoying that it seems like we've blinked first though. Problem is the longer it goes on the more it could eat into our contingency plans for replacing him. Doesn't surprise me that it's going to happen this week or next as both teams are finally back for pre-season - he's not due in for us until next week due to Algeria playing international friendlies.

I think in hindsight this will look a decent priced move. Quote me on this in 12 months time but I think Mahrez will be considered an absolutely top bracket player when he's playing in a side that really should bring the best out in him. The fact he got double figures for goals and assists in a side that lost more than it won is a credit to him, and without both he and Vardy I think we were relegation fodder last year. That we could have the 5th highest scorer and one of the best wingers and still only come 9th reflects badly on the others.

Been very unhappy with how he's behaved in all of this. Regardless of if it's his doing or his agents advice it's soured his relationship with the club and fans - while we'll always acknowledge that he's a fantastic player (arguably even our best ever) there are many who don't like him now, and it's understandable. I get him wanting to join Man City and Guardiola but his behaviour was embarrassing.

Pound for pound one of the best signings you will ever see.

On 17/05/2018 at 15:28, Stan said:

Mahrez is nothing like Nasri xD

Nasri's a fat, rat-looking, drug-taking, knobhead cunt-muppet.

Love your style 

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

What an un-guardiola like thing to do. 

It's disappointing that he's letting such a talent go, just hope he gives Diaz & Foden more game time next season   ..on the positive side, Robbert's should play more at Leicester 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Does this means Leicester might go  for AliReza Jahanbaksh ? Or he will be going to Brighton ?  

We've been linked with him today. I wouldn't be upset with that. He's got a very tidy record albeit at a lower level, but when you're getting numbers like that in a side that isn't even close to the best in the league I think that's proof that you've got something about you, and I think he could probably step up.

I'd be quite happy with Roberts as an isolated signing but if he's the direct replacement then that is an enormous gamble, and frankly one I'm not sure he's ready for. In Gray and Diabate we have two young wingers who could or could not make it. I think Roberts is yet another one of those.

I'm usually a fan of buying young players with a high upside like Roberts but I do think it'd probably be one gamble too many especially given it's replacing our most magical player.

If Shaqiri is available for £12mil I think we could do a lot worse. Likewise Yarmolenko.

• Administrator

in all seriousness, he's one of the greatest players I've ever seen play in a Leicester shirt. On a par with Kante for his involvement in that 15/16 title-winning squad but also for the rest of the time he was here, dating back to 13/14 season in the Championship all the way through to the Champions League journey we had.

There's no hate here. He's left to go to a better team and guaranteed to win more trophies which is what all footballers aspire too. He's given us years of greatness, moments of magic, ridiculous game-changing skills and assists and goals. It'll be weird seeing him in a different shade of blue but no doubt he'll just be as fun to watch. 

He will be missed for sure. But I wish him the best at Man City. 

Archived