talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 37 Fixtures - 12-13th May, 2018

football forum

I don't think this current Barcelona side deserved to have the unbeatable's tag associated with them. I've certainly not been as impressed with them as I have previous season's when they have won the league and still lost games. I know that sounds silly given they have walked the league but I don't think the standard has always been as consistent as say Man City in the Premier League.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Oh well... Sad it couldn’t be, but what a game! WOW!!! :o

Sort of saved Madrid’s season this. :congrats:

I was thinking about it. If Real Madrid wins the Champions League, with the elimination at the hands of Roma like it was and the loss of the invincibility, does it mean to Barça fans it´s a bad season despite the double? 

Another question, has this match decided Mina´s fate? 

6 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

I was thinking about it. If Real Madrid wins the Champions League, with the elimination at the hands of Roma like it was and the loss of the invincibility, does it mean to Barça fans it´s a bad season despite the double? 

Its still his first *half* season at the biggest club in the world. Some players need time when making the jump to Europe and even more to a club like Barcelona. I would give him time, I remember people heavily criticized Neymar's first season at Barcelona because he was still developing and had just joined from the Brazilian league.

If there is no room for him, send him on loan.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Its still his first *half* season at the biggest club in the world. Some players need time when making the jump to Europe and even more to a club like Barcelona. I would give him time, I remember people heavily criticized Neymar's first season at Barcelona because he was still developing and had just joined from the Brazilian league.

If there is no room for him, send him on loan.

Mina is just not ready to play at Barcelona. I wouldn´t sell him, especially at a low, he has many qualities. He is very gifted physically, fast, strong, very good on aerial balls. But his sense of positioning leaves a lot to be desired.

I guess a long-term loan, like Marlon´s, is the best option for all parties. Mina is quite a character, dude is really fun and I hope he succeeds in european football. For now though, a step back would make sense.

1 hour ago, El_Loco said:

I do sadly think this is going to seal Mina's fate because massively bad individual performances like Mina's (which don't tend to happen like what was seen today) at this level gets blown into all sorts of small significant pieces that all matter, some are important pieces and others are unimportant in reality but will affect the outcome of his future career at the club.  I really hope it doesn't occur although I can't remember an individual performance as bad and at this level ever in my life.

The media is the biggest factor as you may well know where both Mina's final decision on his future will be withheld because not even a technical team who are the real ones that know a player's worth will be able to stop the immense amount of focus and pressure on his future errors which every player does. So a silly minimal error in the future, in Mina's case will be blown out of proportion and that's unliveable. So before his career is totally destroyed which would be very sad I think a loan deal is his only saviour to be a future player for Barça and show what he's capable off before returning again or maybe selling him.

The media is also the answer to the other question on the significance of Barcelona's season and its value. The reality is that the season has been tremendous!  That's reality...!!!  Losing three games in a whole season (1 in the Copa del Rey against Espanyol, 1 in the Champions League against Roma and 1 in La Liga against Levante). That's an INCREDIBLE season but the media is very powerful and they can manipulate the situation for it to mean something else almost altogether. Real Madrid's hypothetical victory against Liverpool in the Champions League Final would be the weapon they'd use to relegate one of the best statistical seasons in Spanish club football history into a failure.  People that aren't easily manipulated and know their football won't have their minds twisted into believing this but I would say a descent majority is manipulated by the powerful media these days and because most (talking about the football world) people don't support one particular football club in a world full of so many coupled with the profile a club like Barça has, it will have those most that aren't sympathetic to Barcelina using that media also to their advantage.  So it's all about people and their intentions really, isn't it?

The defeat to Roma occurred because of arrogance and complacency by the team and it would also be arrogant to think that a defeat in football can't occur against anyone because football is about winning and losing and nobody wins all the time.  Roma played better and Barcelona weren't themselves which with any two clubs under that same systematic rule will offer similar outcomes which aren't unusual in this sport.  We can find crazy results throughout the history of the game and it doesn't make those sides crap.  They're defeats!

Anyway... As far as I'm concerned and for what my opinion is worth (one person here), Barcelona's season has been an incredible one.  One I definitely didn't expect, not to this amazing level. It's been memorable and sad it couldn't have ended in at least being undefeated in La Liga, but that's memorable too!  Nobody will forget when the run came to an end (a run extended from the end of last season) and nobody will forget it was against humble Levante which in all honesty is the most honourable way to end it because it gives Levante, a small club a brilliant moment in the history of Spanish football.

36 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

#MessiFC

A very opportunistic and innocent comment coming from you mate.

Barcelona scored 4 goals today (without Messi) and as far as I know Messi doesn't play in the defensive mechanics of the team to make sure you don't concede 5 when you score 4. 

Plus add another factor... One on this forum says Messi plays well because of the Barcelona system and many say Messi doesn't perform for his country because they (Argentina) don't have the players Barcelona have.

So what is It?

26 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Plus add another factor... One on this forum says Messi plays well because of the Barcelona system and many say Messi doesn't perform for his country because they (Argentina) don't have the players Barcelona have.

So what is It?

What are you on about? Literally only Teso and now recently Panna King have said that. And those two shouldn't be taken seriously in the slightest. The former for obvious reasons and the latter for blatantly trolling. 

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

What are you on about? Literally only Teso and now recently Panna King have said that. And those two shouldn't be taken seriously in the slightest. The former for obvious reasons and the latter for blatantly trolling. 

I know Teso has been saying it but and that was aimed at him specifically on this forum. But it's not the first time it's been said and is something that's banded about for the supposed reason Messi hasn't performed at the same level for his country.

Edit: Plus if you read the sentence again, I did say only one.

Barcelona clearly have more to their bow than Messi, however, they are greatly diminished without him. Even if you take out the impact he nearly always has on a game, the simple fact he doesn't play means the opposition can concentrate on playing a normal defensive game and don't have to use up usually 2-3 players to make up space when he has the ball. Messi just being on the team sheet gives the side a freedom they don't get without him. 

Levante away is a tough away game though, it was going to happen and because it's the penultimate game it feels worse but this side has done very well to win the league by such a margin. Undefeated was pushing it.

The thing is, around the time the Roma game took place, Valverde didn't rotate much and didn't rest players as if he saw the undefeated run as having significant importance, so when you get that far with only 2 games left, it takes a lot out of the season. It would have made more sense to play half arsed line-ups before and inbetween the Roma game, as losing a league game around that point(and beating Roma) wouldn't have really mattered. given that it would have given the team a better chance of surviving Roma and still being in 3 competitions. But it feels as though Valverde sacrificed that for an unbeaten league run, then threw that away as well.

That defence is fucking gash, whoever starts. When it comes to games where defending is important, they just fall to bits every time. Fucking weak as fuck. Against Roma, Sevilla, Real Madrid, Levante and a few others where defending was important, they are all over the place and look like league 2 defenders. It's a myth that the club now have a solid defence. It's as weak as it'll ever be when it comes to the crunch.

Fair play to Coutinho though, he had a blinding performance and almost single handedly got the team back into the game.

On 14/05/2018 at 03:51, Teso dos Bichos said:

he can't get over it and leave me alone :what: Still rattled af @Marc

Very weird mate. Since we made him look silly he’s had it in for both of us.

On 14/05/2018 at 06:03, SirBalon said:

I have no idea who Marc is? O.o

Nice to meet you too. You been under a rock?

14 hours ago, Marc said:

Very weird mate. Since we made him look silly he’s had it in for both of us.

Nice to meet you too. You been under a rock?

read that as cock instead of rock, well I think that would have been a lot more appropriate to ask @SirBalon  :ph34r:

On 14/05/2018 at 01:17, Cicero said:

Im Panna King I say what I like! 

• The title was changed to La Liga - Week 37 Fixtures - 12-13th May, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived