talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wilfried Zaha - Chelsea & Spurs Linked

Roy Hodgson is confident Crystal Palace can fight off interest in Wilfried Zaha to keep him at the club next season.

Zaha has been the driving force behind Palace's recovery from seven straight losses at the start of the season, to a possible top-half finish.

The Ivory Coast international's career-best return of eight Premier League goals has caught the attention of the division's elite clubs and offers are expected to come in for the 25-year-old.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilfried Zaha sees no reason to leave his "home" Crystal Palace.

The Ivory Coast international grew up in Croydon and has spent the majority of his career at Crystal Palace, with a two-year spell at Manchester United.

Zaha was reported to be a £50m target for Manchester City this summer by the Mirror, but he has outlined his intent to remain at Selhurst Park following the club's relegation survival.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

We would want at least 80. The blokes an absolute juggernaut. Most impactful player outside the top six.

hmmmm

5 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Only seems to be considered half decent by Palace fans. He's found his level at Selhurst Park.

Can't see where this 50mill price tag comes from, is he really in the same class as Sane?? 

• Administrator
Just now, Happy Blue said:

Can't see where this 50mill price tag comes from, is he really in the same class as Sane?? 

nope. and I can't believe some genuinely think he (Zaha) is better than Mahrez.

Stats back up Mahrez in almost every single aspect. Goals and assists being the main one.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

nope. and I can't believe some genuinely think he (Zaha) is better than Mahrez.

Stats back up Mahrez in almost every single aspect. Goals and assists being the main one.

Looks like we are coming back for Mahrez, would you want Roberts as part the deal?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Looks like we are coming back for Mahrez, would you want Roberts as part the deal?

really not sure.

part of me thinks we could do better than him but another part of me thinks he could make his name in England with us and thrive with us. 

He's only 21 though and Puel has a good record of taking youth players to the next level. 

The other thing is his injury problems that he's had....

4 hours ago, Stan said:

hmmmm

Mahrez is a more technically gifted player. However, you're very fortunate to have Vardy too. So when Mahrez doesn't turn up you have alternative ways of winning. We have picked up a grand total of 0 points and scored 0 goals in the ten or so games that Zaha hasn't played. So in terms of impact on a team, which is what I was getting at, I'd have Zaha above Mahrez. 

I don't know how long Zaha has on his contract, but Hodgson is saying Palace have to stop flirting with relegation and keeping Zaha is key to that. So imo, that makes him invaluable to the club. I may have had major issues with Hodgson in his time as Liverpool manager and when he was England manager. But I think he's proven adequately that he's the right kind of manager to take a club the profile of Palace and help them turn the corner - judging by his time in Norway (or wherever it was), Fulham, and West Brom. And he grew up a Palace fan. So I like the idea of him ending his career helping Palace progress to the next level - that's pretty cool. 

9 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

You would value Sane at 50 mil o.O

De Bruyne 55 million

Sane 37 million

Jesus 27 million

Is Zaha better than any player on that list? ..is he worth De Bruyne money?  ...looking at what we have paid for other players Zaha is worth 20 million on a good day

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

De Bruyne 55 million

Sane 37 million

Jesus 27 million

Is Zaha better than any player on that list? ..is he worth De Bruyne money?  ...looking at what we have paid for other players Zaha is worth 20 million on a good day

With inflation as it is, I think the victory parade is for celebrating that you're not the director of football. You're under cutting those players by at least one hundred million. We live on a time where Stoke City are laughing at thirty five million for Jack Butland 

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

With inflation as it is, I think the victory parade is for celebrating that you're not the director of football. You're under cutting those players by at least one hundred million. We live on a time where Stoke City are laughing at thirty five million for Jack Butland 

Have you shit the bed? :ph34r:

He's got moments of sheer class but I've never seen consistency with them to put him in the bracket of say a top 6 club. 9 goals this season is hardly the hallmark of a player above a midtable position.

Thread subject is on the way up. Obviously stands out at Palace, still has his United baggage hanging around his neck.

You can see why he looks attractive to bigger clubs and I think its now universally agreed his potential is without question. But here's the thing.

It's what lies between his ears which will always hold him back until he proves he can hold a position in a big club squad where all the attention isnt on him.

I am afraid after United, nobody will pay the kind of money Palace would accept.

With all that said, he is a player I like.

Good player for a club outside the top clubs, nothing more than that. No way is he going to somewhere like Man City lol.

reminds me of when Snodgrass has a good season for us he scored 8-10 goals but he wasn’t linked with ‘50m’ moves to Man City. Agent talk for a new contract.

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

Thread subject is on the way up. Obviously stands out at Palace, still has his United baggage hanging around his neck.

You can see why he looks attractive to bigger clubs and I think its now universally agreed his potential is without question. But here's the thing.

It's what lies between his ears which will always hold him back until he proves he can hold a position in a big club squad where all the attention isnt on him.

I am afraid after United, nobody will pay the kind of money Palace would accept.

With all that said, he is a player I like.

I love it when you talk dirty! 

Robert Snodgrass and Wilfried Zaha in the same topic. Now I've shit the bed @Happy Blue

The one stat which stands out for Zaha is his impact on the team. He hasn't played about ten games this season and we've scored 0 goals and got 0 points. The influence he has on the team with his pace, skill and ability is quite frankly unbelievable. With him we could be a top half club, without him we are bottom.

He's a different player to the inconsistent kid we sold to United. Over the last two years he's matured greatly and is a very consistent influence.

Regarding his value. Its the same conversation I had when we sold Yannick Bolasie. Would you want to pay 30 million for him? No. But that was what he was worth to us at the time in terms of his influence to replace. Its similar with Zaha now. 

• The title was changed to Wilfried Zaha - Chelsea & Spurs Linked
  • The topic was featured
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unfeatured

Archived