talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wilfried Zaha - Chelsea & Spurs Linked

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

His best attribute was his pace. I think that injury has taken a lot out of him.

Pointless having pace in an Allardyce team unless it is to race over to the touch line to get instructions on defending corners.

• Subscriber

Zaha has grown on me a lot and I definitely think he's top 6 level. Wouldn't go as high as £80mil but can see why they'd try and price anyone out of a move.

I've got a strange feeling he'll see his career out there.

• The title was changed to Wilfried Zaha: No Reason to Leave Crystal Palace

I want Zaha with us tbh. We need more depth, he'd probably be fighting with Mane for a spot - but I think he'd get plenty of playing time.

I think he's developed a lot and I bet he'd look great in our attacking system playing with our our current front 3.

If we don't get him though, I like the idea of him seeing out his career with Palace and being their talisman. Football does need more of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Papers suggesting he's rejected a new contract and has no interest in renewing it. 

This is a difficult one. Even if we get sixty million for him that money is not going to allow us to replace his impact on the team, so I'd keep him.

Again this all seems like piss poor planning from the board. It looks like another long summer.

23 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Three or four years I presume, he got a huge pay rise last summer to match the wages of Benteke and Sakho.

Keep him, hope he smashes the league and sell him for big with 2 years left

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Just glad Dortmund are in the race too, hopefully he goes overseas. 

Not good enough, and a ridiculous price.

Who are you expecting to sign out of interest. Seen you say this about a lot of players (do agree with the price bit) but not seen you actually make any moves of note, or have I just been ignorant?

• Subscriber

The Mina deal sound like a good one at a surprisingly good price. Not seen much of him admittedly but what he showed at the World Cup was impressive.

Zaha is a good player but I just don't think it's a good fit. I can't quite put my finger on why but I just don't see it. I do think we could do with one more option as a wide attacker if Bolasie is leaving, unless Marco Silva seriously considers Sandro Ramirez as part of his first team plans.

However if we're to invest in that position I think the smart buy is Lozano if we can get him. He has a release clause if I remember correctly, wages probably significantly less than Zaha, has worked with Marcel Brands before and they apparently have a good relationship and was also impressive at the World Cup. We will struggle to pull that one off though if the teams that were apparently sniffing around when he was making headlines in Russia are legitimately interested. It's all gone quiet around him since Mexico got knocked out so I'm by no means pinning my hopes to Lozano but he's the one I'd want to see if we go for another wide attacker.

xDxDxD

Everton boss Marco Silva is believed to be chasing Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha and the Toffees look to rebuild their squad for the upcoming season.

The Ivory Coast international has been selected by the newly appointed manager at Goodison Park as one of his top transfer targets this summer, but the club's initial offer was met with more laughter than interest at Selhurst Park. 

Football consultant Ian McGarry, speaking on the Transfer Window podcast, said: “My understanding was when the initial and informal contact was made between Crystal Palace and Everton regarding Zaha and the Everton representative suggested they would be willing to pay £35m plus add-ons, the response was ‘you paid £50m for Gylfi Sigurdsson, do you think we’re stupid!’"

“I think Zaha will be a very costly transfer to any club because I think Palace will hold out for in excess of £60m, probably £70m, for a player who I don’t think has done enough to justify that type of price tag but that is the market we are now in.”

Palace secured Premier League survival with relative comfort last season, with Zaha a large part of their success, putting them in a stronger position to keep hold of their man.

The 25-year-old had a strong season for Palace, scoring nine times and assisting a further three in a season hit on more than one occasion with injury. 

McGarry added: “Zaha to Chelsea makes sense because there is a very real chance they will lose Eden Hazard and/or Willian as well.”

• The title was changed to Wilfried Zaha - Chelsea & Spurs Linked
  • The topic was featured
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unfeatured

Archived