talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wilfried Zaha - Chelsea & Spurs Linked

Arsenal to Everton is pretty depressing for a life long Arsenal fan. Arsenal can’t still be in the race for him now they have Pepe?

I still think his goal output is too low for the figures going around.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
9 minutes ago, Danny said:

Arsenal can’t still be in the race for him now they have Pepe?

You'd presume so. Pepe is by far the better signing anyway so Arsenal have done well there. 

39 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

So where will Everton play Zaha if he ends up there, as a midfielder or a striker?  Does Calvert-Lewin or Bernard lose his place?

Plus since United is supposed to get around 25% of any sell on,  how do they figure in the value of Tosun and McCarthy?  Or is United just out of luck?

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

So where will Everton play Zaha if he ends up there, as a midfielder or a striker?  Does Calvert-Lewin or Bernard lose his place?

Plus since United is supposed to get around 25% of any sell on,  how do they figure in the value of Tosun and McCarthy?  Or is United just out of luck?

No idea on the second point.

As for us, it sounds like Moise Kean is also incoming so we'll have a front three that looks like this:

Richarlison - Kean - Zaha

with Bernard, Calvert-Lewin and Walcott acting as backups or being rotated in and out.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

No idea on the second point.

As for us, it sounds like Moise Kean is also incoming so we'll have a front three that looks like this:

Richarlison - Kean - Zaha

with Bernard, Calvert-Lewin and Walcott acting as backups or being rotated in and out.

Massive improvement up front for you from last year imo

• Subscriber

While I'm disappointed that we wont be signing him, overall I'm glad we've made our bid and taken no for an answer.

Also brilliant from the club to come out and stamp on the claims made up by Sky to desperately whip up interest in their precious transfer window. Now they just look like stupid, lying cunts, which they are after all.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.324b93be46aba2efa864d5b5470402fd.png

Wilfried Zaha: Everton says no second bid for Crystal Palace winger.

Everton has denied they made a second offer of players-plus-cash for Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha.

The club confirmed there had been an initial rejected bid, reported to be £52m, for the 26-year-old Ivorian.

On Monday it was claimed there was now a new offer of £55m plus midfielder James McCarthy and forward Cenk Tosun.

"A bid was made over the weekend, which was turned down. Both clubs agreed that was the end of the matter," Everton said in a statement.

Toffees manager Marco Silva and director of football Marcel Brands have recruited midfielder Fabian Delph and goalkeeper Jonas Lossl this summer and completed the permanent signing of last season's loan player Andre Gomes.

They are set to lose midfielder Idrissa Gueye to Paris St-Germain, with the 29-year-old expected to complete his move to the French champions this week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49159661

• Subscriber

Not going away this one.

£65m is at least below £80m, but I don't think we should be spending that much money on any player when we aren't competing in Europe yet.

On the other hand, it isn't my money and he would significantly improve our squad, so let's see.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.5bc699358bfb8d6acee15cff9b654e55.png

Everton have put together a £100m package to sign Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha, 26, involving forward Cenk Tosun and midfielder James McCarthy, both 28. (Sun)

Ivory Coast international Zaha expects to be at Everton by the end of this transfer window as the Merseyside club attempt to agree on a deal with Palace, who will accept a bid of £65m. (Independent)

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Well we've signed James McCarthy. I dont think I've ever been less enthusiastic about a signing weve made. Ever.

A proper 'Woy' signing. I actually think he'll get the sack this season. They've been God awful in pre-season. 

27 minutes ago, Batard said:

A proper 'Woy' signing. I actually think he'll get the sack this season. They've been God awful in pre-season. 

Our fixtures pick up in December so I wouldnt be surprised if we go for the new manager effect.

I do pity with him though. Its quite clear in all his press conferences hes very annoyed with how we conduct ourselves every transfer window.

1 minute ago, ... said:

James McCarthy would have been an amazing signing 5 years ago but he's not been fit properly for about three years, not to mention he's just coming back from that horrendous leg break. 

Selling him to take the transfer fee of Zaha down is good business - not that I'm that excited about him coming.

Side note - Palace dropping this year.

Zaha wont be leaving. With the state of our squad and the fact his replacement is now wearing a sports direct headband I imagine theres a gentleman promise he can go next summer.

• Subscriber

I'd hope that we'd move on from Zaha by next summer if we don't get him this time.

McCarthy to Palace on the other hand is another smart deal for us. £8m for a player who won't kick a ball for us this season and another chunk of deadwood off the wage bill. He goes with everyone's best wishes as well. Literally broke his leg trying to stop us conceding a goal which pretty much sums him up as a player.

Also evens out our net spend this summer to about £6m, having only lost Gueye and Lookman from the first team squad but added Delph, Gbamin, Gomes, Lossl and Kean.

• The title was changed to Wilfried Zaha - Chelsea & Spurs Linked
  • The topic was locked

Archived