talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wilfried Zaha - Chelsea & Spurs Linked

When United sold Zaha back to Palace, there was talk of a large sell on clause and possibly a buy back option, where United can match any transfer price.  

The size of the sell on clause is likely affecting Palace's asking price.   

Not sure whether United are interested in having him back or Zaha would come back, but I would take him back.  I am not sure why United sold him back in the first place, they only got £3m.  Loan him back til you know for sure if he was going to make something of himself.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/07/2018 at 16:01, Redcanuck said:

When United sold Zaha back to Palace, there was talk of a large sell on clause and possibly a buy back option, where United can match any transfer price.  

The size of the sell on clause is likely affecting Palace's asking price.   

Not sure whether United are interested in having him back or Zaha would come back, but I would take him back.  I am not sure why United sold him back in the first place, they only got £3m.  Loan him back til you know for sure if he was going to make something of himself.

Manchester United are the one top six I wouldn't want him to go to. He wouldnt get a game, Jose wouldn't know how to get the best out of him, and he would be a modern day Luke Shaw scapegoat when he gets half a chance.

I think an impact sub for Manchester City and Liverpool would have suited him, but they've signed players that represent better value for money already.

I think he would be liked by Tottenham and Chelsea fans, and I imagine those are the clubs he would like to sign for. 

With three weeks left this situation needs to be resolved immediately. We are so mediocre at doing business we cannot let this continue for another week as we will not get even remotely close to signing enough players out of money to try and cope with his loss.

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

He's constantly posting bullshit cryptic stuff about either religion or self improvement. It's a 'South London and Gifted' thing.

South London and Gifted?

Slag?

Wilfried Zaha has told Crystal Palace colleagues he is determined to quit the club to move to Chelsea, according to the Daily Mirror.

Zaha has reportedly turned down a new deal at Selhurst Park, but is thought to be against a move to the north.

The Mirror report he may even lodge a transfer request before the window closes on Thursday at 5pm.

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson has rubbished reports Wilfried Zaha has asked to leave the club this summer.

"I spoke to Wilf yesterday and he certainly gave me no indication it was true about wanting to quit the club," Hodgson toldtalkSport.

"In fact, we were talking about how good the new signings were and how they would help us.

"The thing with Wilf is very simple. He's very much an integral part of our plans. He's very much an integral part of Crystal Palace Football Club.

"So, my hope and my plan absolutely is that he will stay. I'll let the speculation continue and I will continue happy to work with him."

Chelsea are in pole position to sign £75m-rated Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha, reports the Sunday Mirror.

It had been expected that Tottenham would also make a move for the Ivorian, only for the north London club to drop their interest in the player.

6 hours ago, Danny said:

Rumours that if Zaha leaves you'll be in for Watkins...feel like that's a gamble to leave your first eleven so light to late into the window. Also really don't want to see Watkins go just yet.

We've been linked with him for most of the summer. He looks like a player that would suit to our system and I'd warm too. He wouldn't start over Andros any time soon though who looks set to be staying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Wilfried Zaha Signs New Contract at Palace
On 15/05/2018 at 10:11, Marc said:

Good player for a club outside the top clubs, nothing more than that. No way is he going to somewhere like Man City lol.

reminds me of when Snodgrass has a good season for us he scored 8-10 goals but he wasn’t linked with ‘50m’ moves to Man City. Agent talk for a new contract.

Just call me mystic Marc @The Palace Fan

Agent talk for a new contract #snodgrass

I wonder how long it takes before the buy out clause amount is made public, or which clubs Wilf has had written into the contract he would consider.

No agent worth his salt should allow his client to sign a new contract without that.

We shall see, especially if he continues to improve this season.

5 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

I wonder how long it takes before the buy out clause amount is made public, or which clubs Wilf has had written into the contract he would consider.

No agent worth his salt should allow his client to sign a new contract without that.

We shall see, especially if he continues to improve this season.

There's no release clause. He's seen the improvement he wanted with the signing of Meyer. He's the modern day Matt Le Tissier.

• The topic was featured
17 minutes ago, Marc said:

Somebody needs to stands out from the crowd and give mystic @Marc and @Teso dos Bichos some credit when we predict the future. 

To be honest based on his performances last season he was always going to get a new contract. I presume it's why Cabaye was let go if he wanted a match highest earner clause in his contract. 

41 minutes ago, Marc said:

Somebody needs to stands out from the crowd and give mystic @Marc and @Teso dos Bichos some credit when we predict the future. 

I agree. Absolute peach from @Teso dos Bichos today. How does he continue to do it??

https://talkfootball365.com/topic/4466-european-super-cup-2018-real-madrid-vs-atlético-madrid/?do=findComment&comment=165625

44 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

To be honest based on his performances last season he was always going to get a new contract. I presume it's why Cabaye was let go if he wanted a match highest earner clause in his contract. 

It wasn’t obvious. I predicted the agent talk and no genuine interest just a new contract for Snodgrass.

22 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Even the GOAT @Teso dos Bichos gets one wrong every now and then, I just ask you start giving him credit when he gets then right which is very regularly.

Cassisus Clay AKA Muhammad Ali had a few L’s on his record, it doesn’t stop him being the GOAT.

• The title was changed to Wilfried Zaha - Chelsea & Spurs Linked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unfeatured

Archived