talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wilfried Zaha - Chelsea & Spurs Linked

8 hours ago, Marc said:

It wasn’t obvious. I predicted the agent talk and no genuine interest just a new contract for Snodgrass.

I know this is going to be a bit gutting for your split personality to hear, but because somebody didn't leave a football club doesn't mean there wasn't any interest elsewhere.

Wilfried Zaha's agent doesn't need to exaggerate interest from other clubs for us to offer him the world and his wife. He has the biggest individual impact on one club in the whole league.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

This is quite refreshing to be honest.

Everything seems quite rosey here at the minute. We have stability, continuity and have added quality. Its having a positive effect on everybody. Inevitably we will fuck it up, but it's enjoyable at the moment.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unfeatured
  • 8 months later...
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Wilfred, we don't have "spend like a psycho" money.

Signing that contract extension was a pretty dumb move from him when it's obvious he wants a move to any of the top 6 club.

We haven't got £100m to spend according to every source connected to the club unless we sell to generate money to buy plus £40m to £50m from the club. Even if we did have £100m, spending it on Zaha with the options you suddenly have starting at that proce range would be criminal.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

We haven't got £100m to spend according to every source connected to the club unless we sell to generate money to buy plus £40m to £50m from the club. Even if we did have £100m, spending it on Zaha with the options you suddenly have starting at that proce range would be criminal.

Why would we spend 100 million on a player we really do not need, we need to sort the spine of the team out,  Zaha is just a step up from Iwobi and for a 100 million you can buy World Class players. 

2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Why would we spend 100 million on a player we really do not need, we need to sort the spine of the team out,  Zaha is just a step up from Iwobi and for a 100 million you can buy World Class players. 

The problem is that right now World Class players have no reason to come to us. All the same even of they don’t want to come because of our current situation it doesn’t mean we should continue to throw stupid money at experiments. 

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The problem is that right now World Class players have no reason to come to us. All the same even of they don’t want to come because of our current situation it doesn’t mean we should continue to throw stupid money at experiments. 

Well that is what I meant but 100 million on Zaha, you can get 4 players at a same quality for that many if you do your scouting around Europe. 

Don't know why we're even bothering with this. It's not even the main position we should be focusing on so there's really no point going for a player in that position when he's going to cost so much.

You have to wonder about bids like that,  £51m when there is no way that Zaha will be sold for that.   It frustrates me when Man Utd low ball bid for players.  Do they make these kind of bids knowing full well that they won't be successful, just to appease the fans?  So they can say well we tried but the club would not sell.

• Subscriber

Arsenal are a shambles. They can't seriously be entertaining the idea of selling Aubameyang just to free up funds for Zaha can they?

Beyond belief if they are.

11 minutes ago, Dan said:

Arsenal are a shambles. They can't seriously be entertaining the idea of selling Aubameyang just to free up funds for Zaha can they?

Beyond belief if they are.

No way unless we got an audacious bid for him. He is 30 and only has 2 years left, but I fully expect the club to try and extend him. I can't see anyone serious being interested in him for the price we would want anyway. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

No way unless we got an audacious bid for him. He is 30 and only has 2 years left, but I fully expect the club to try and extend him. I can't see anyone serious being interested in him for the price we would want anyway. 

I can't really understand you going this big on Zaha either. Surely the defence is the priority? If you go through this season not sorting that defence out I really do think you're dropping out the top six this year.

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

I can't really understand you going this big on Zaha either. Surely the defence is the priority? If you go through this season not sorting that defence out I really do think you're dropping out the top six this year.

I genuinely think wingers is just a big of an issue for us. We literally have no out and out wingers in our first team squad. A wide forward is a massive priority I'd even say we could do with another. Defence of course needs patching up but at least bringing in some width would give us balance. We do seem to be looking at a LB and a CB though. 

Wow, I didn't expect to see comment this damning from his brother/agent. Its been reported that he will refuse to train for Palace again, obviously just rumours. Considering he only signed a bumper contract recently I can't see Palace letting him go at a price viable to us. Not too mention he is on a 6 figure salary already at Palace and he turns 27 in November, I'm not sure how smart this deal would be. I do like Zaha though, I just think we could potentially get better value elsewhere. 

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Lucky that’s not Zaha’s brother saying it about a move to Barça with some of the guys on this board. xD

His brother's a twat for coming out and saying that though. And if he does things like refuse to turn up for training or feign injury, then he's an absolute twat.

• The title was changed to Wilfried Zaha - Chelsea & Spurs Linked
  • The topic was locked

Archived