talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar - Linked With Real Madrid

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Asura said:

Top players of the last 4 world cups went to Real Madrid. Wil Mbappe become the fifth?

2002 - Ronaldo

2006 - Cannavaro

2010 - Ozil

2014 - James Lionel Messi

2018 - Mbappe?

I've corrected 2014 for you unless you're basing it on your opinion.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think the best player in this World Cup was Modric imo. I suggest Real Madrid sign him from themselves and neglect to replace Ronaldo.

Well Modrić won the FIFA World Cup Golden Ball and fully deserved it.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think the best player in this World Cup was Modric imo. I suggest Real Madrid sign him from themselves and neglect to replace Ronaldo.

I kinda hope he tells himself "I need a new challenge" and just goes and tries his fortunes somewhere else. But that's never going to happen not for a while now.

15 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

On the other hand, Edinson Cavani could go to Napoli. 

I prefer that Napoli version of Cavani to this new PSG variant personally.

Just now, Mel81x said:

I prefer that Napoli version of Cavani to this new PSG variant personally.

I agree. Edi was never as appreciated by PSG´s board as he should´ve been. The fans love him, he´s probably the most loved player in the squad by the fans, especially now that Pastore left, but behind the scenes, to this day, there are rumours about people inside PSG doubting him. The fact he´s had too play so much time as a winger to please Zlatan is very telling. 

I hope he returns to Napoli.  

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I agree. Edi was never as appreciated by PSG´s board as he should´ve been. The fans love him, he´s probably the most loved player in the squad by the fans, especially now that Pastore left, but behind the scenes, to this day, there are rumours about people inside PSG doubting him. The fact he´s had too play so much time as a winger to please Zlatan is very telling. 

I hope he returns to Napoli.  

I didn't know that he played second fiddle to Zlatan when he was at PSG. I just assumed, tbh, that they got along really well but then I had to take a step back and remember that this is Zlatan so that seems highly improbable. I also hope he goes back to Napoli because I remember when they had that superb run in the Champions League and watching him, Lavezzi and Hamsik play together was just a treat.

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I've corrected 2014 for you unless you're basing it on your opinion.

You can argue that for 2010 too where there were other players that were better than Ozil, but the point I wanted to say is that Real Madrid went for the players that did great during those world cups, I said top players of the world cup but not the best player of the tournament which would obviously be different for different fans based on their opinion. 

James was a revelation in the 2014 world cup and he made his name there on that world stage IMO

4 hours ago, Asura said:

You can argue that for 2010 too where there were other players that were better than Ozil, but the point I wanted to say is that Real Madrid went for the players that did great during those world cups, I said top players of the world cup but not the best player of the tournament which would obviously be different for different fans based on their opinion. 

James was a revelation in the 2014 world cup and he made his name there on that world stage IMO

Without a doubt!  That's the way Florentino Pérez has been working with Real Madrid in both stints as president.  He wants big marketable players that not only bring back revenue to the club but also makes the club's neon lights shine even brighter.  Real Madrid have managed not to win a single thing in a season and still maintain the sensation of a status quo. How many clubs can do that? Apart from an incredibly successful multinational businessman, he's also an illusionist! xD 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived