talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unai Emery is the new Arsenal head coach

The next Arsenal head coach  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next Arsenal coach?

• Massimiliano Allegri
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Unai Emery
    • Luis Enrique
    • Diego Simeone
    • Patrick Vieira
    • Thierry Henry
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Eduardo Berizzo
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Dennis Bergkamp
    • Lucien Favre
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Rafaél Benítez
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Other...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Would be a huge step down for Allegri.

Under the same rule, it would be a huge step up for Arteta which both have their ridiculousness in them.

If I were a top coach in the sport, I wouldn't want to come to Arsenal at this point. No way!

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Under the same rule, it would be a huge step up for Arteta which both have their ridiculousness in them.

If I were a top coach in the sport, I wouldn't want to come to Arsenal at this point. No way!

Not with this board.  Can see it still toxic with the fans if they go with Arteta. 

6 hours ago, Panna King said:

Not with this board.  Can see it still toxic with the fans if they go with Arteta. 

I can see what you mean because of the fact Arteta doesn't have experience.  But he is also an ex-Arsenal player and one that for some reason many many Arsenal fans really love...  The fact he was at Arsenal and the fans have such sentiments towards him would make it very difficult for the fans to show any dissent towards him.  It's very very hard to show a football board how you feel about them without causing havoc to the team and the coaching staff...The coaching staff would get sacked before shareholders decide to give up on a sure thing where they don't move their arses to earn.

32 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I can see what you mean because of the fact Arteta doesn't have experience.  But he is also an ex-Arsenal player and one that for some reason many many Arsenal fans really love...  The fact he was at Arsenal and the fans have such sentiments towards him would make it very difficult for the fans to show any dissent towards him.  It's very very hard to show a football board how you feel about them without causing havoc to the team and the coaching staff...The coaching staff would get sacked before shareholders decide to give up on a sure thing where they don't move their arses to earn.

Again they can go out and get a big name, that can go wrong also.  Arsenal have missed out on a few big name coaches because Wenger stayed so its going to be a difficult decision for the board.    

6 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Again they can go out and get a big name, that can go wrong also.  Arsenal have missed out on a few big name coaches because Wenger stayed so its going to be a difficult decision for the board.    

Mate, if it's true we only have £50m to spend unless players are sold and taking into consideration what the price of the important players are these days (the selling clubs aren't stupid unless you buy from Spain and their buy-out clauses), then I don't see any top coach wanting to come to Arsenal. I hope I'm wrong though, but like I said previously, I wouldn't come to Arsenal at this moment in time considering everything if I was considered one of the best in my job.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Mate, if it's true we only have £50m to spend unless players are sold and taking into consideration what the price of the important players are these days (the selling clubs aren't stupid unless you buy from Spain and their buy-out clauses), then I don't see any top coach wanting to come to Arsenal. I hope I'm wrong though, but like I said previously, I wouldn't come to Arsenal at this moment in time considering everything if I was considered one of the best in my job.

I am not sure who is there left to sale without having any players left. Arsenal still have funds from sales last season. 

The only worrying thing in this process is the board.

3 minutes ago, Panna King said:

I am not sure who is there left to sale without having any players left. Arsenal still have funds from sales last season. 

Arsenal have funds for sure but we also have lots of players on very high wages as always...  Players tend to want their contracts to wind down before they're sold. The situation on all fronts is very complicated at Arsenal with those that are really in charge at the club. We'll just have to wait until an announcement is made before we make a judgement.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Arsenal have funds for sure but we also have lots of players on very high wages as always...  Players tend to want their contracts to wind down before they're sold. The situation on all fronts is very complicated at Arsenal with those that are really in charge at the club. We'll just have to wait until an announcement is made before we make a judgement.

Biggest mistake was keeping ozil, would of been better letting him leave for free, he has only played about 10 times since signing his contract.

9 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Biggest mistake was keeping ozil, would of been better letting him leave for free, he has only played about 10 times since signing his contract.

We were caught with our pants down with Mesut Özil I'm afraid. It wasn't really an investment worth losing even though we would never get the price which his talent would get in today's crazy market.  Nobody would pay that for all the reasons we know... For the brand name it was important to renew him mate and I don't agree that letting him go on a free would've been wise.  We're stuck with him but maybe if a coach gets us playing well with confidence, he could be a massive asset.

21 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

We were caught with our pants down with Mesut Özil I'm afraid. It wasn't really an investment worth losing even though we would never get the price which his talent would get in today's crazy market.  Nobody would pay that for all the reasons we know... For the brand name it was important to renew him mate and I don't agree that letting him go on a free would've been wise.  We're stuck with him but maybe if a coach gets us playing well with confidence, he could be a massive asset.

Ozil reminds me when Sneijder also got forced to leave Real Madrid, they had to sell to fund other deals like with Ozil,   Sneijder was bitter and sulking a lot at Inter over it, moaning to the press about Real Madrid, Mourinho kicked him up the Arse, then he turned into one of the best players in the world.   Ozil does need a big kick up the Arse, I can understand at Real he had some of the best players around him which made him bring out his best form.  

57 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Ozil reminds me when Sneijder also got forced to leave Real Madrid, they had to sell to fund other deals like with Ozil,   Sneijder was bitter and sulking a lot at Inter over it, moaning to the press about Real Madrid, Mourinho kicked him up the Arse, then he turned into one of the best players in the world.   Ozil does need a big kick up the Arse, I can understand at Real he had some of the best players around him which made him bring out his best form.  

The thing is that a player being sold at Real Madrid at an age where he’s still very appealing will always go for much more money than a player in similar conditions at Arsenal, more so this Arsenal now.

You sometimes wonder for all the CEO’s at Arsenal that are on the board through their shareholder benefits and yet on contract levels we are run like a school tuck shop. 

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

It was only Saturday that I said I'd have Arteta to replace Allardyce. He would do well at Arsenal, but no doubt would get a lot of flack for being too small of a name.

How can you say someone with absolute zero experience will do well at a club like Arsenal?

He's much better off dipping his toes in at a club like Everton where the expectations are on the floor.

My source has told me that Allegri agreed to join Arsenal if they qualified for the European cup so he waited to the end of the season,  apparently he isn't interested in the job now as Juventus will be in the Champions League, also apparently he's not that keen on the structure of the club at Arsenal.          Arsenal have held talks a few week ago with Brendan Rodgers in London and also have spoke to the Mikel Arteta,  Arteta will only come as a main coach, he isn't interested to come as a number 2.     

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

My source has told me that Allegri agreed to join Arsenal if they qualified for the European cup so he waited to the end of the season,  apparently he isn't interested in the job now as Juventus will be in the Champions League, also apparently he's not that keen on the structure of the club at Arsenal.          Arsenal have held talks a few week ago with Brendan Rodgers in London and also have spoke to the Mikel Arteta,  Arteta will only come as a main coach, he isn't interested to come as a number 2.     

Well he wasn’t waiting too long to ascertain we weren’t going to be in the Champions League next season. Maybe around end of September he knew? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

You have actually named 4 people now who will be named the new Arsenal manager.

When Wenger announced he was leaving you stated your sources had told you Henry was deffo the one to be named his replacement.

Then it was someone else and then it was someone else and now it is someone else.

My advice?!?!..... Change your source mate :D

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

When Wenger announced he was leaving you stated your sources had told you Henry was deffo the one to be named his replacement.

Then it was someone else and then it was someone else and now it is someone else.

I Never said Henry haha just Rodgers and he is still hanging on

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Our Panna is saucy with his sources. xD

Rodgers to Arsenal just makes sense. Rodgers loves character, it's pretty much all he talked about in his post-match interviews was character. Arsenal have plenty of quality, but do they have character? Probably not.

Give it a go Arsenal. If it works out, cool. And then Brendan Rodgers gets a nice redemption in English football story. And if it doesn't work out, it'll be funny.

Archived