talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unai Emery is the new Arsenal head coach

The next Arsenal head coach  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next Arsenal coach?

• Massimiliano Allegri
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Unai Emery
    • Luis Enrique
    • Diego Simeone
    • Patrick Vieira
    • Thierry Henry
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Eduardo Berizzo
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Dennis Bergkamp
    • Lucien Favre
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Rafaél Benítez
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Other...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Arsenal need leaders, Arteta probably as one of the worst Captains Arsenal have ever had xD good luck if he does get the coaching job. 

I actually think Arteta was the best captain we had in years. 

5 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I actually think Arteta was the best captain we had in years. 

I consider great captains as Adams, Vieira or even further back.  Areta just won a few FA Cups but I personally never rated him as a leader, Arsenal have never had a massive leader at the club since the first generation of Wengers team broke up,   Arteta will just become another yes man, it will also signal a lack of ambition from the board.  The thing is as  Arsenal have to announce something soon as the season ticket renewal date is in a few weeks time, Arteta could be good but a lot of the Arsenal fan base are hoping for a big name as they have missed out on several coaches in the past, due to Wenger staying.       

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Does Arteta have any connections with La Masia? Could just raid their youngesters  

He does have connections with Rangers and PSG. so he could loan players to Steve Gerrard at Rangers.   

6 minutes ago, Panna King said:

I consider great captains as Adams, Vieira or even further back.  Areta just won a few FA Cups but I personally never rated him as a leader, Arsenal have never had a massive leader at the club since the first generation of Wengers team broke up,   Arteta will just become another yes man, it will also signal a lack of ambition from the board.  The thing is as  Arsenal have to announce something soon as the season ticket renewal date is in a few weeks time, Arteta could be good but a lot of the Arsenal fan base are hoping for a big name as they have missed out on several coaches in the past, due to Wenger staying.       

I think he was a very good leader, but the problem was his playing days were numbered once he got it and never recovered from the injuries unfortunately. He was always involved behind the scenes though and there had to be a reason both Guardiola and Pochetinno were desperate to have him in their coaching set-ups.

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Does Arteta have any connections with La Masia? Could just raid their youngesters  

Not sure although he is friendly with a lot of his Spanish counterparts, especially Xabi Alonso. Some say he may come along with him, but I think thats people putting 2 and 2 together.

2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Players will be tired the time Sirbalon reads out the tactics and instructions :ph34r:

'YOU see Bellerin my Catalan compadre, the reason you have to mark a player is because in the 1950s when the mighty magyars were performing well in Europe they perfected the movements of several tactical importances. Which of course is derivative of the Italian team Grande Torino - but I digress. Anthony Martial of Manchester United, is a player that has emulated the movements and styles of Thierry Henry (an Arsenal legend) so when you mark Leonardo Ulloa this match, always remembers how Martial was taught at Monaco because this information is crucial to understanding the duality of football.'

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

He's an Arsenal man, who understands the club and knows all the players. He will know our weaknesses and where we need to improve. He's a brilliant young coach. He was headhunted by Guardiola and city for a reason. He's been given a lot of credit for the improvement of Sterling and Sane, and is generally considered (by people in the game) to be tactically brilliant.

I'll be gutted if it's not him.

Quite literally no evidence to back that up 

4 minutes ago, shut up said:

He's an Arsenal man, who understands the club and knows all the players. He will know our weaknesses and where we need to improve. He's a brilliant young coach. He was headhunted by Guardiola and city for a reason. He's been given a lot of credit for the improvement of Sterling and Sane, and is generally considered (by people in the game) to be tactically brilliant.

I'll be gutted if it's not him.

xD

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Quite literally no evidence to back that up 

If anyone knew anything about football, they would clear must of the Arsenal squad out and start all over again. Needs a new keeper, a few defenders, midfielders and a winger.   Not sure if Arteta is the man, no experience to building a squad especially at a high level as well.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Just curious, but why?

It seems like a very big job for someone with no experience.

Quite funny as not even Everton would want Arteta yet because he has no experience but he is the favourite for Arsenal, very strange. 

I have a lot of love for Arteta. Brought some stability to the squad by actually being a leader off the field because he didn't have a massive ego but it'd be a massive risk if he was appointed manager. The cunts in our fan base are already licking their lips at the potential of tearing him down at the first chance they get. I don't mind the risk but these moronic cunts still making it all about them will be annoying.

Whoever wipes out the Arsenal Fan TV cast can be the new manager.

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

Quite funny as not even Everton would want Arteta yet because he has no experience but he is the favourite for Arsenal, very strange. 

I think it's a big risk giving the job to someone with no experience. Even at Everton I don't think he'd be ready.

It's hard to manage the expectation he'd be burdened with while getting to grips with management at the same time. It's been done before but it's so risky.

Archived