talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unai Emery is the new Arsenal head coach

The next Arsenal head coach  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next Arsenal coach?

• Massimiliano Allegri
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Unai Emery
    • Luis Enrique
    • Diego Simeone
    • Patrick Vieira
    • Thierry Henry
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Eduardo Berizzo
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Dennis Bergkamp
    • Lucien Favre
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Rafaél Benítez
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Other...

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think most on here got that to be fair. It's only really the two manchester clubs and Chelsea who spend more than that net. Still a good article though

It's quite easy to think that you've got £50m and you spend £50m, maybe it comes from Football Manager haha but I've done the same before reading articles like that.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

It's quite easy to think that you've got £50m and you spend £50m, maybe it comes from Football Manager haha but I've done the same before reading articles like that.

Emery never spent more than 10 million on a player at Sevilla. With the new structure  it could work well

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Emery never spent more than 10 million on a player at Sevilla. With the new structure  it could work well

Maybe but the point is that £50m is a lot to spend as they won't pay the fee at once, they'll have the fee and divide it by the years in the contract and pay it back like that.

40 minutes ago, Danny said:

Maybe but the point is that £50m is a lot to spend as they won't pay the fee at once, they'll have the fee and divide it by the years in the contract and pay it back like that.

Ah right. I am actually exited about the coming seasons. When arteta  was heavily linked I didn' think things looked good with this hours but things look better now.

Emery, who enjoyed his best period of success in his native Spain with Valencia and Sevilla, is excited to be joining what he calls "one of the great clubs in the game".

“I am thrilled to be joining one of the great clubs in the game. Arsenal is known and loved throughout the world for its style of play, its commitment to young players, the fantastic stadium, the way the club is run. I’m very excited to be given the responsibility to start this important new chapter in Arsenal’s history.

"I have met Stan and Josh Kroenke and it’s clear they have great ambitions for the club and are committed to bringing future success. I’m excited about what we can do together and I look forward to giving everyone who loves Arsenal some special moments and memories.”

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Emery, who enjoyed his best period of success in his native Spain with Valencia and Sevilla, is excited to be joining what he calls "one of the great clubs in the game".

“I am thrilled to be joining one of the great clubs in the game. Arsenal is known and loved throughout the world for its style of play, its commitment to young players, the fantastic stadium, the way the club is run. I’m very excited to be given the responsibility to start this important new chapter in Arsenal’s history.

"I have met Stan and Josh Kroenke and it’s clear they have great ambitions for the club and are committed to bringing future success. I’m excited about what we can do together and I look forward to giving everyone who loves Arsenal some special moments and memories.”

fucking liar. never met the cunt. 

13 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Draxler and Nzonzi would be good signings also.

I think he will want an N'Zonzi type and a new winger, so Draxler could be an option. Apparently though he wants to build around Ramsey and Aubameyang, I can see Emery using Ramsey in the way he used Rakitic at Sevilla. Aubameyang is also his ideal striker, wonder what this may mean for Lacazette?

4 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I think he will want an N'Zonzi type and a new winger, so Draxler could be an option. Apparently though he wants to build around Ramsey and Aubameyang, I can see Emery using Ramsey in the way he used Rakitic at Sevilla. Aubameyang is also his ideal striker, wonder what this may mean for Lacazette?

Lacazette probably can go to Atletico Madrid now

Unai Emery is having his first press conference alongside Gazidis. Fair play to him for speaking in English, obviously not brilliant but is doing very well.

Highly recommend any Arsenal fan to listen. Process for finding new coach was very thorough and Gazidis explained at the press conference the recruitment. Biggest take-away was there was an 8 man shortlist who were all interviewed for the job between April & May. Not one of the 8 backed out and were all interested until the end.

1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Unai Emery is having his first press conference alongside Gazidis. Fair play to him for speaking in English, obviously not brilliant but is doing very well.

5 minutes in and probably not even seen the colour of the carpet in his new office and you are already in quick with criticism of the poor bloke... 

I can just imagine it now.. 8 decent games then two crap ones and the Emery Out!  placards will be on show all round the ground... he doesn't stand a chance

Must be a Gooner thing.. :ph34r:

Archived