talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tranmere Promoted Back in to the Football League!

football forum

• Administrator

One year on from losing at this stage last season, they've finally done it :D 

Back in to the Football League after 2 seasons out. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Devastated by this result, coz, you know, I'm southern so that automatically means I support Boreham Wood.

In all seriousness, they've taken less time than other relatively big clubs for that level like Grimsby, Luton, Wrexham, Mansfield, Lincoln, Cambridge and a few others, who've gone down to that level. I'd rather see Tranmere back in the league than a pretty small club with little history. I think they'll do well next season, League Two is quite poor overall and with a decent budget, Tranmere could easily be top ten.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Once you get up there's so many basket case teams in League Two it's pretty easy to stay up for a few seasons as long as you make sure you don't become one of them. Getting out of that god damn conference is the hard part. Its ridiculous they still haven't made it 3 or even 4 teams that come up to League Two because the top of the Conference is easily better than the bottom of League Two and has been for as long as I can remember really, as evidenced by the number of teams that easily stay up or even manage to get promoted again within 2-3 seasons.

Archived