talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League - The Best Youth Products For Each Team

• Administrator

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/revealed-your-premier-league-clubs-next-first-team-youth-prospect?utm_campaign=featurelist&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=editorial_organic&utm_content=stillimage

Youthhawk is quite a good account to follow and is worthwhile following if you're in to youth football on these shores.

Listed the players they've identified below but there's more detail on them in the link. Some fans on here of each club below may be aware of their talents already.

Arsenal - Emile Smith-Rowe
Bournemouth - Aaron Ramsdale
Brighton - Jordan Maguire-Drew
Burnley - Marley Blair
Chelsea - Mason Mount
Crystal Palace - James Daly
Everton - Antonee Robinson
Huddersfield - Ryan Schofield
Leicester - Sam Hughes
Liverpool - Curtis Jones
Man City - Taylor Richards
Man Utd - Ethan Hamilton
Newcastle - Victor Fernandez
Southampton - Alfie Jones
Swansea - George Byers
Tottenham - Keanan Bennetts
Watford - Ryan Cassidy
West Ham - Ben Johnson

Regarding Sam Hughes for Leicester - watched him a fair few times for our U23s side and he's a goal-scoring defender. Scored about 13 times I think and very much helped us nearly win the PL2 title. Probably see him in some senior games in the cups depending who we get next season.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James Daly, to be fair to him, has been sensational at youth level this season. His problem is he's far too small to cope with the physicality of the Premier League at the moment. Plenty of time for that to change though.

It's been great seeing Aaron Bissaka get opportunities this season. I'm still holding out hope for Luke Dreher and Nah Kirby in midfield.

• Subscriber

Sam Hughes was signed from Chester a year ago and their fans were all convinced he was going to go on and be a star.

He's a centre half and incredibly is our top scorer at youth level this year.

I haven't watched enough of our youth team this season after saying I would, but we've actually had a really decent season. I just can't tell if we've got a genuinely promising crop coming through or if we're just physically bullying our way through it like we've done before.

Mount is a good shout, he is doing so well on his loan at Vitesse. They made it to the final for the Europa League spot qualifier. He scored a hat trick in the first away game, would love to see him at the club at some point. Won't happen tough we only have an academy for the sake of having one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I think he's probably given a bit too much time to Chilwell relative to performance and it's been to the detriment of the team (though Fuchs also picked up 'becomes top class by not playing' syndrome).

I do admire Puel's patience with younger players. If Chilwell ever makes it at this level consistently he'll have a lot to thank Puel for.

It's easy to forget how young Iheanacho is as well, in fairness.

Antonee Robinson was one of the highlights in our ultimately awful season. Quick as fuck going forward and fairly strong in the tackle, he was a really positive outlet. Potential loan out to a lower PL/upper Championship side next season - if so, I think he'd flourish. 

Archived