talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

James Rodriguez Wants to Improve on Last World Cup

James Rodriguez has targeting helping Colombia record their best-ever FIFA World Cup™ finish in Russia and salivated over a potential clash with Germany in the knockout phase.

A Rodriguez double – decorated by the that mind-blowing FIFA Puskás Award winner – powered Colombia past Uruguay and into the World Cup quarter-finals for the first time at Brazil 2014, where they lost 2-1 to Brazildespite the goal that won their No10 the adidas Golden Boot. And the attacking midfielder sees no reason Colombia can’t go at least one better in Eastern Europe.

"I want to have a good World Cup and help my team-mates get to the semi-finals or the Final,” Rodriguez told the Bundesliga’s official website. “Why not?"

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Colombia play anything like they did in the qualifiers, they are going to struggle to get past their group. I get James is having a good mentality but that won't help him if Jose Pekerman continues with these clueless experimental tactics. The team is talented enough to go that far, but they just can't decide on a set 11 or a way of playing.

Archived