talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Claudio Pizarro: Should He Go to Russia?

football forum

I want to hear an outsider point of view. I'm not pretending many of you know about Peruvian football bar some of the things I've commented on. I want to hear what you think based on what you know. Claudio Pizarro is a 39 year old striker playing for Koln and a highly successful player in German football. He is not going to the World Cup, but do you guys think he should?

No piss takes

I won't critique anyone

I just want your humble outsider opinion. 

@nudge @Stan @BartraPique1932 @Tommy @Cicero

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

how much has he played this season for Koln? If so, how many goals?

Did he have any hand in the qualifiers to get you to this stage?

Lots of variables/factors in addition to the above to take in to account...

• Subscriber

I want him to go to the World Cup simply because he's one of my favourite players ever, and this would be absolutely the best way to finish his career and his biggest footballing dream come true. Performance-wise, it's obvious that he's nowhere near the level he once was and I doubt he'd be able to play full 90 minutes; however, with all his skill, intelligence and experience Pizarro might still be able to change the course of the game when it matters. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

how much has he played this season for Koln? If so, how many goals?

Did he have any hand in the qualifiers to get you to this stage?

Lots of variables/factors in addition to the above to take in to account...

I think Nudge can answer the first question, I'm not too sure.

He did at the start of the qualys but did nothing was taken out after March 2016

• Administrator

wonder if there's space to take him but make it known to him that he won't play too much - then again, is that a waste of a place for someone more deserving of him? Depends if the manager thinks there's enough room for sentimentality to give him a spot given how long he might have waited for a chance to go to a World Cup...

• Subscriber

He didn't play much, only joined Köln in January and started only a handful of matches, usually came on as a sub late in the second half and I think he only scored once, too. Based solely on performance stats, he shouldn't be going to the World Cup. I don't know how Peru's attack looks though - if they lack experience upfront, I'd take Pizarro, especially if Guerrero is banned.

Archived