talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Torneo Descentralizado

football forum

Juan Aurich have just won me over. They may have lost 1-0 to Municipal but I just realized their strategy this season. They've lost so many key players in the last 2 years so they have a really young side. Coming from either EGB or their own academy (which is quite good) and they are playing them this season to try and stay up. Some of them impressed me and they play good football but need to score more especially at home. I would hate to see El Ciclon del Norte go down as they are a traditional club. Alongside FBC Melgar, they are the biggest provincial club in Peru for me. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After being absent from the Monumental since february, I finally went back to the game and we won 3-1. 3 Panamanian goals, its Ruben Blades time

Also, Ayacucho won 2-1 over Cantolao. Can Ayacucho kindly fuck off? I don't get how they keep winning these relegation battles to stay up. I hope they finally get relegated. I also don't get how Jeferson Collazos keeps scoring for Cantolao. He has no technical ability and somehow has 6 goals.

We go away to Real Garcilaso today, and in all honesty, I expect to lose. They have the altitude and are generally a good team at home. Good squad too, lots of quality players like Ramua, Herrera and Lojas. Lack a good 9 but they have quality in other areas that helps them out. I'd line up like this

Caceda

Corzo - Schuler - Benincasa - Aguirre

Paucar - Huamantica - Romero

Quintero - Tejada - Gomez

Its time to finally start Tejada instead of that lazy Rengifo. I like him but he's not shown enough so far this season and is really a better option to score goals off the bench like he did before Raul Ruidiaz left for Monarcas. Tejada looked out of rhythm against UTC when he came on but the point is to get him back on form. Midfield was tough. Not a fan of Romero but he's the only option and Huamantica is rumoured to start so I picked him. The other option was Giordano Mendoza who I don't rate at all. Paucar was an obvious option.

With Rodriguez injured, Benincasa is my backup choice. Vasquez and Vargas are still out so Aguirre has to step in who I actually liked in the second half of the UTC game. Maybe he's not so bad. Corzo and Schuler are first teamers for me.

As for the keeper, this is our weakest position. I'm really not a fan of Carlos Caceda, but the other keeper doesn't have the passion to play anymore. Raul Fernandez was a fantastic keeper when he was at FC Dallas but he's not wanting to play. Caceda on the other hand has good reflexes but that's it. He's a complete donkey. His goal kicks are awful and he's too rash and doesn't think in his decisions. He's learned to come out of his goal more under Troglio but I really don't like him at all. 

We lost 3-1, I'm not too gutted though. Our record against Real Garcilaso since beating them in the 2013 final is atrocious. With all the injuries and the altitude of Sicuany, the loss was inevitable. We'll win on wednesday against Juan Aurich and this match will be forgotten. 

19 minutes ago, tarzanontoast said:

So is this Torneo de Verano a mini cup competition? Two mini-leagues, and then later on a (slightly more) traditional combined league where all 16 play each other?

Its really just a warm up tournament with a Copa Libertadores spot. The apertura/clausura is the real thing.

I'm actually going to our game tonight against Aurich :)

Ah, okay. I was a little confused to see that this ‘warm-up’ tournament started before the Segunda, and not running parallel with it. So does this mini-league format finish after each team has played each other? Do the winners of each mini-league play each other and the winner gets the Copa Libertadores spot? Or are there quarters, semis and a final?

14 hours ago, tarzanontoast said:

Ah, okay. I was a little confused to see that this ‘warm-up’ tournament started before the Segunda, and not running parallel with it. So does this mini-league format finish after each team has played each other? Do the winners of each mini-league play each other and the winner gets the Copa Libertadores spot? Or are there quarters, semis and a final?

I believe its top spot vs top spot from both group.

Bad performance from Universitario but I still have lots of faith in Troglio. Its noted that this team doesn't have backups in the middle. Figuera's injury has really hurt us.

Luis Tejada finally started and got 2 goals! Including a last minute winner. I went mental with the goal, even if it was essentially a dead rubber of a match, we didn't want to go 3 matches winless. Think we'll be good in the apertura. We won't win the league but we'll give it a go.

It appears that Jorge Vergara who wanted to buy Universitario now wants to buy Sporting Cristal. This time it looks like it WILL go through and the name will be changed to "Sporting Club". Since Backus don't own the club anymore they can't really keep the current name.

Universitario still have a few things to improve but overall its been a MASSIVE improvement over the last manager and its showing on the pitch. The midfield depth is what's going to hurt us and not win us the title for the season. A lineup of Manicero - Tejada - Quintero is the best forward line for me. Not a fan of Alexi Gomez really. 

Our best lineup would probably be

Caceda

Corzo - Rodriguez - Schuler - Vasquez

Figuera - Paucar - Romero

Quintero - Tejada - Manicero

As for the match today, some weak points but overall another deserved win. Looking forward to the apertura. 3-0 win with goals from Tejada, Manicero and Vasquez.

• 2 weeks later...

The Torneo Apertura started yesterday. Weirdly before the second leg of the final (Torneo de Verano)

Also, here is the Copa Federacion table which is our youth tournament.

f6151341ef144f4afc9a536e24899b64.png

Alexander Succar is the next best Peruvian striker. He is way too good for this league. He's off to a stepping stone league very soon. I think he'd fit in Portugal personally.

• 3 weeks later...

e5dfa1d92dd22e586f6940d0acf7e524.png

A poor start for Universitario but we've had a lot of absences and this is why I don't think we'll win the league. Little depth in the midfield will cost us as without Arquimedes Figuera in there we are useless. Paucar is decent but he's not a top player. 

Tejada and Quintero have been our best 2 players and they are on international duty with Panama. They'll be back for a few weeks I believe before going back to play in the Gold Cup. While I like Hernan Rengifo, its shown this year that he's past his best and we don't really have a good backup forward. In Quintero's place though there is Diego Manicero who is very good, so his absence won't be as bad. 

Melgar have had an awful start but they'll get back to their best eventually. I hate to admit it, but Alianza Lima have a genuine chance to cut their 10 year primera division trophy drought this year.

11 minutes ago, Eco said:

I thought the top tier in Peru was the Primera Division? O.o

Can you stream matches online?

Its called the Torneo Descentralizado. Not many people actually call it that though, we just say el torneo local.

Well all the matches were on Youtube before Latina (channel 2) got ahold of the rights and now you'd have to get lucky to find streams online in north america if Rojadirecta is blocked. However, there is a channel in the USA that shows all the matches called Peru Magico which I believe is only available on Direct TV. My father lives in Canada and he's a bit pissed that he can't find the matches anymore.

21 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Its called the Torneo Descentralizado. Not many people actually call it that though, we just say el torneo local.

Well all the matches were on Youtube before Latina (channel 2) got ahold of the rights and now you'd have to get lucky to find streams online in north america if Rojadirecta is blocked. However, there is a channel in the USA that shows all the matches called Peru Magico which I believe is only available on Direct TV. My father lives in Canada and he's a bit pissed that he can't find the matches anymore.

Damnit man, that sucks. They need to put that back on Youtube to help a little with the popularity.

So, why the hatred towards Chile?

Just now, Eco said:

Damnit man, that sucks. They need to put that back on Youtube to help a little with the popularity.

So, why the hatred towards Chile?

There is a community of Peruvians in the USA so that's why Peru Magico is there.

Peru and Chile are rivals historically in football but it also has to do with the war we had where they took Arica from us as well as invaded us. However my fellow Peruvians would know more about that topic than me. Having lived in Canada 12 years didn't help ¬¬

17 hours ago, Eco said:

I don't have the slightest idea was Peru Magico is, but I'll look it up. 

What's the theory behind changing the league structure all the time? 

Wish I could tell you. They are usually very similar league structures but we are apparently one of 3 countries that do it. Myanmar also does it I think but I forgot the other one.

This year we've adopted a structure identical to the one we used in 2014. Who knows how it benefits anything really. Just makes things confusing.

We take on Deportivo Municipal today and a lot of our key players are back. We're still missing Aldo Corzo and Luis Tejada but Alberto Quintero and Alberto Rodriguez are both back and are rumoured to start (not sure why they wouldn't anyways). Think we should win, Municipal are playing well but at home we should be too much anyhow.

Last time we played Deportivo Municipal

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived