The better place to talk football.

Torneo Descentralizado

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching us play is almost like a chore now. Zero creativity and I blame that on the lack of work rate of our left winger Alexi Gomez. No creative midfielder either, Diego Guastavino is not half the player he once was.

Still 0-0 vs Comerciantes Unidos and every second I keep trying to convince myself why I shouldn't just shut off the TV.

Well, we won. We were awful for 70% of the game but after our goal we looked a bit better. Defensively we have been solid so thats good that we are effective on that front. We just need to do better up front. Gomez is awful, while Quintero is inconsistent. Tejada can't play on his own.

Universitario take on Real Garcilaso tomorrow in a decisive clash for the title. Last week, everything went our way. We lose this and we should begin preparing for the Clausura. Real Garcilaso are one of the best teams in the league, and since we're not playing on a mountain we need to take advantage. 

My main concern is our depth. We have none, and we are missing Corzo and Tejada for this. Also one other player, can't remember who that was. Rengifo scored in the last match so I just hope he can get back in gear although I stand by that he's past his best.

Our record against Real Garcilaso since we beat them in the 2013 final has been atrocious. I can't be bothered to check right now but I did a while back and I think we've beat them 2 times in 10 attempts.

It appears Alvaro Fernandez from Seattle Sounders will be Universitario's first signing in the upcoming window. He played for Uruguay in the 2010 World Cup, 4 matches too. Not bad.

I can imagine this means Guastavino is off.

• 3 weeks later...

From Soccerway

44aebd48e466c6fe67401a27bc997c39.png

Alianza Lima are closer to the apertura and will reach the final if they win it. They are closer to breaking their 10 year title drought. Hopefully Universitario can overtake them in these last 2 matches, but its unlikely. Fair play to Bengochea, he's done well even if his teams don't exactly dominate matches. 

Alianza could win the Apertura tomorrow. If they win tonight (they start their match in 10 minutes) and UTC vs Universitario ends in a draw, they will be the winners of the Apertura.

What a game. Alianza Lima were 2-1 down with 15 left and won 3-2, with a last minute goal that could potentially seal them the title. We may have just witnessed a historic night for Peruvian football. Tomorrow the big one is UTC vs Universitario as both sit on 23.

Sport Huancayo 2-0 up against Melgar, maintaining their excellent home record.

I really like this Sebastian Bravo. 19 years old too. Another Peruvian talent to watch out for?

Juan Aurich continued to drop points and drew 1-1 vs Sport Rosario.

So the apertura ends today. Real Garcilaso got their points taken away so its between UTC and Alianza Lima for the end. If Alianza Lima lose by a 3 goal deficit, UTC have a good chance of winning the title. Its doubtful though, I think Alianza will do it and qualify for their first title since 2011. 

Universitario showed a great compact game but up front only Chiquitin Quintero was up for it. Luis Tejada showed a few decent performances but he didn't score very many and that's one thing we can't afford to miss in the clausura. Alexi Gomez was terrible even for his standards. Guastavino the few times he did play was inconsistent. Even Diego Manicero when coming on as a sub was poor. Our best player for me was Alberto Rodriguez. Extremely consistent and unpassable. Its no wonder he's still on the Peru national team really. I think we can win the clausura, but it will depend on how we do in the altitude. We have to play away to Real Garcilaso, Melgar and Comerciantes Unidos in the clausura. Not easy, if we get at least 5 points from those games then that will definitely be enough to make a challenge. 

I think in the clausura we'll see challenges from Real Garcilaso, UTC, Universitario, Sport Huancayo and Melgar. I think Sporting Cristal still have some ways to go before they challenge for the title again and Alianza Lima will qualify for the title tonight, so while I think they'll be near the top they also will be experimenting a lot.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

universitario has three games in a row with a player red carded xD

Don't know why you randomly decided to look at this, but yeah Galliquio, Romero and Schuler. No shock that all 3 are dreadful players.

We get back underway tonight, Academia Cantolao vs Juan Aurich.

Jose Manzaneda will need to continue impressing if he is going to get Gareca's respect to start against Argentina. This is his chance.

I must say being an Universitario fan is painful. Not because of the team being crap or anything, but because the fans are absolute idiots.

"Troglio out". I'd like to ask them who Universitario could bring in that is better than Pedro Troglio. Who could you bring in that you would give more than 2 games before wanting them out?

For years we've had managers that were only there for being friends with the administration and club owners. Now we have a real manager who is working hard to get results. The problem is that the team isn't good on paper! Give Troglio a year and we'll be class. We got what we've asked for so long and people complain.

Christ, these are worse than Newcastle fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Great crowd at Matute tonight. The games between the big Lima 3 are always for great spectacle, but the games with Cristal look best because away fans are allowed there.

• 2 months later...

The league can potentially end today. If Alianza Lima finish top then the league is done. They won the Apertura and they can win the clausura. If that is the case, there won't be a final and they will automatically be league winners. I think they'll do it to be honest. They are at home against a mid table side who just lost their manager. Real Garcilaso and Universitario have to depend on Alianza dropping points in order to have a chance.

Matute will be a caulderon today.

Alianza Lima win the league for the first time since 2006. 2-0 win over Comerciantes secured their title. Nothing short of deserved.

Libertadores: Alianza, Real Garcilaso, Melgar, Universitario

• The topic was unpinned
  • 7 months later...

Sporting Cristal have won the Apertura last night after defending champions Alianza Lima shamelesly lost to UTC at home.

Great goal from Millan by the way. Its not easy to put it in the angle he did.

• 6 months later...

Ayacucho 1-1 Melgar @Lucas

The visitors playing very much a second string team before their big Copa Libertadores second leg clash with Caracas FC.

Cantolao 0-4 Binacional @Cannabis @Gunnersauraus

Shock win for Binacional who smashed Cantolao. Despite a few defensive issues and home open net miss when it was still 0-1, los Juliaqueños got the job done and have 6 points of 6 so far in the league.

Sport Boys 0-1 Union Comercio @nudge

Los Chalacos lost 1-0 at home to Moyobamba's Union Comercio, who dominated the game and could have had more than 1. Sport Boys currently have 0 out of 6 points and are in for a long season.

Alianza Lima play later today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived