talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Adam Armstrong - Return to Blackburn on the Cards?

Rovers attacker Adam Armstrong says he won't be ruling out a return to the club in the future after playing his part in promotion back to the Championship.

The 21-year-old scored nine crucial goals after arriving on a loan deal from hometown club Newcastle United in the January transfer window.

A move to Rovers saw Arma link up with Tony Mowbray for a second time in his career, so will there possibly be a third occasion that the two will combine?

“It’s been amazing here. From the minute I joined it’s been a great experience," the Geordie told iFollow Rovers.

"I’ll head back to Newcastle for pre-season and then we will see what the plan is there. Rovers has been a big stage of my career, the club has helped me out massively and I’ve really enjoyed it.

“I certainly wouldn’t rule out coming back here at some stage."

Source: rovers.co.uk

Will Rafa give him a chance in the first team next season or will he be sold/sent out on loan again? We'd love him at Rovers next season either on loan or permanently and the players seem to think the same with posts on social media from Elliot Bennett stating he hopes Adam stays at the club next season in the Championship (some of the squad are on holiday in Las Vegas together, on loan midfielder Jack Payne too). Thoughts Newcastle fans?

• The title was changed to Adam Armstrong - Return to Blackburn on the Cards?
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived