talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Swansea Relegated to the Championship

football forum

• Administrator

Officially confirmed today.

Some good players in that squad you'd expect to get poached from Premier League clubs.

Mawson, both Ayew brothers, Fabianski, Naughton, Clucas, Carroll? Could all possibly move. 

How will they do?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Disagree on the squad talent shout, Swansea are a barrel full of clunge. Mawson I think could get a move but the others mentioned are dross. 

Will be interesting to see where Balon d'Or winning, boy wonder Renato Sanches will end up.

didn't say all of the squad was. hence saying 'some'! 

Not all players in a relegated squad are all bad. 

I'm happy. I don't see a club that will storm the division next season which is brilliant news for us who are trying to contend.

They will have a mass clear out, bring a few youngsters through and add four or five seasoned Championship players. Obviously will flog whatever is worth selling but to be honest, I don't think they have a lot of valuable commodities.

They are a poor poor team and any club wanting to pick up Swansea players should really be asking themselves why they are signing players who were not good enough to keep the club in this division in the first place.

Well they've lost their unique identity, and it's not going to be easy to get that back given the expectancy they compete for automatic promotion.

I imagine they'll lose Mawson and possibly Clucas as they've proven to be Premiership quality this season. The Ayew brothers will likely want to go overseas, and there may be suitors for Fabianski.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Well they've lost their unique identity, and it's not going to be easy to get that back given the expectancy they compete for automatic promotion.

I imagine they'll lose Mawson and possibly Clucas as they've proven to be Premiership quality this season. The Ayew brothers will likely want to go overseas, and there may be suitors for Fabianski.

They have Bony still who may actually end up playing in the Championship if his injury doesn't clear up by the time the season starts.

Just now, Lucas said:

They have Bony still who may actually end up playing in the Championship if his injury doesn't clear up by the time the season starts.

He seems to have lost his pace. I wouldn't be concerned of any of the teams that have dropped to be honest. Southampton on the other hand I imagine would have stormed it. 

Archived