talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jurgen Klopp - Is he underachieving?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do think he should be doing better in the league. No reason why they shouldn't be above Spurs or United. Although their Champions League run has more than made up for it you could say.

For me there should be no reason for them not to at least be in the run-in for the league next season. 

Their form tailed off since the Man City games in Europe, without those they'd probably have finished with more points I think. They've reached a European Cup final so the obvious is answer is no.

9 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I do think he should be doing better in the league. No reason why they shouldn't be above Spurs or United. Although their Champions League run has more than made up for it you could say.

For me there should be no reason for them not to at least be in the run-in for the league next season. 

Technically they got knocked out the CL by us though if  goal decisions was correct and not ref errors

He's overachieved this year. 4th is maybe about where we should be although many would have had us outside the top four at the start of the season. Reaching a European Cup final is something everyone would have laughed at if you'd have mentioned it at the start of this season though.

State of the squad after the first 11. We can't cope with two games a week at the same intensity and injuries in midfield have meant we've not been able to rotate the last few weeks. That's why our form has dropped the last few weeks before today. I knew we'd be fine today after having a weeks rest.

Need a few big signings to strengthen the squad in the summer.

Nope. They’ve overachieved considering the amount of games they have played with the squad at Liverpool. Someone above said that beyond the starting XI, they don’t have a great squad compared with some other sides in the Premier League and some teams they’ve played in Europe. 

4 hours ago, Storts said:

4th again, after 4th last year - no improvement at all - should he be doing better?

Spurs were 2nd last season and 3rd this time with less points on the board 

I will let you fill in the last bit... 

Hopefully we have a bit more depth next season, so we can challenge on all fronts a bit better... but nah I don't think so. CL final and top 4 with the gap in quality between our XI and the bench is better than I would have expected.

All while playing the sexiest of sexy football played this season.

Archived