talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pep Guardiola's Best Title Victory Yet?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Title win? Possibly. Probably bitter sweet given no other team was even in the races or remotely as prepared as they were. 

I'd imagine as a season as a whole, the treble with Barca probably his best. 

• Subscriber

They smashed a lot of records but have to agree with the statement above. What Leicester did far outshines what City have done based on the squad with resources and I don't think its Guardiola's best title victory. His time at Barcelona will probably be his best and not just his, probably the sport of football too.

They'll be a force to reckon with in Europe next season because he now understands the league and he'll go after European glory. I don't think this can be replicated but I guess that was also said about great teams and their achievements in the past as well.

Don't think there's any comparison to his barca season. Barca were genuinely organic back then. 

He's done great with city this year but to compare to his time at barca he'd probably have to have gone further in the champions league. 

Could see them doing 100 points again next season tbh although back to back titles hasn't happened in quite  a while 

21 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Leicester's league win is the greatest achievement in sport, for me. This league is good but it came too late.

This doesn't get spoken of much but 1. Kaiserslautern won the bundesliga in 98 after promotion. Has any other team accomplished that?

1 hour ago, Spike said:

This doesn't get spoken of much but 1. Kaiserslautern won the bundesliga in 98 after promotion. Has any other team accomplished that?

Forest did it... but it wasn't any time recent (it was the 70s).

Archived