talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Week 38 - FINAL Table

• Administrator

It is my great pleasure to announce that the winner of the 2017/18 Stan's Premier League Prediction League is.....

@Lucas :D 

200.gif

You get the Sir Patrick Stewart seal of approval for your efforts this season. Improving on last season's 2nd place and going one step further to win it!

Congratulations to my football league buddy of old!! Quite the opposite of how his team performed this season in that it was a late-ish charge in the 2nd part of the season which saw him catch the runaway leader at the time @Pep Talk. Both players then were pretty much neck-and-neck for the final part of the season but Lucas extended his lead in the penultimate week which pretty much sealed the deal. 

Enjoy your success my friend! You go down not only in TF365 History, but in football forum prediction league history as the winner for this season.

An admirable effort by the winner and a valiant effort by the runner-up. @Dan finished in 3rd after a strong performance throughout. 

pl38.PNG

Once again, a massive THANK YOU  for all taking part this season. It's always a pleasure to run this and without you all competing, it'd amount to nothing!

Don't forget, the World Cup Prediction League will be coming soon so hopefully you'll all take part in that!

P.S @Cannabis gets the wooden spoon. It's the only reason I kept him in so I could award this to him. 

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been trying to win this one since you started running it @Stan but never got over the line. Finally.

Have to be brutally honest here and say i think it was more @Pep Talk losing it by missing a week recently that allowed me to catch up or else he'd have bagged it and I think he probably deserved it overall for leading for so long. So well done to him for a brilliant season really, you are the real winner mate.

Well done again Stan for running a successful competition and I look forward to defending the title next season.

The hunter becomes the hunted. Come at me bitches.

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 07:28, Pep Talk said:

congrats lucas it's rather bad to not win this given i was leading pretty much all season but due to family issues which made me not come on here for a fair bit played a big factor in that.

I thought it was weird how you suddenly started to miss a few games but it was a hollow win, should have been yours.

End of the day, it's only a bit of fun, life away from this is far more important. Sorry to hear about the distractions, hope things have settled for the better.

13 hours ago, Lucas said:

I thought it was weird how you suddenly started to miss a few games but it was a hollow win, should have been yours.

End of the day, it's only a bit of fun, life away from this is far more important. Sorry to hear about the distractions, hope things have settled for the better.

yeah it was good fun. You certainly take interest in games you never normally would. 

Yeah my brother is going through a long process when he got cancer but we caught it early enough so hopefully he will pull through. Been a tough several months for sure.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived