• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thomas Tuchel Appointed PSG Manager

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Sacked in two years 

If he doesn’t win the Champions League next season it’ll be in one year. He hasnt (nobody is) employed to win Ligue1 or the Coupe de France. He has been given the job to make Qatar the Champions of Europe. 

• Subscriber

Is it just me or does that photo-op show him as more scared than happy to be in this job? I also agree with the rest of the comments, he will become the next thing to hit their recycle bin if he doesn't bring home the CL trophy next season. Where is Emery going? 

He is very meticulous and a little odd! I remember seeing a gif of him doong very strange, almost OCD esque movements with his hands.

I wonder if he can handle the egos, will they respect him?

3 hours ago, Spike said:

He is very meticulous and a little odd! I remember seeing a gif of him doong very strange, almost OCD esque movements with his hands.

I wonder if he can handle the egos, will they respect him?

That was exactly what I was thinking. Man, that PSG dressing room is tough to control. Firstly, because everything in that club is leaked to the media. They´ve tried numerous times to find out the "rat" without success, L´Équipe and other outlets keep getting info from the inside. The egos are also a huge problem and it´s potentialized by the formation national clans.

There are 3 clans in the PSG dressing room: the rioplatense clan, formed by Cavani, Di María, Lo Celso and Pastore. The brazilian clan formed by Neymar, Dani Alves, Marquinhos, Thiago Silva and Kevin Trapp (his girlfriend is brazilian). And the french clan, formed by Rabiot, Areola, Mbappé and the other french players.   

It´s a mess. 

Tuchel is a great football mind, I loved how his Dortmund side played but if I´m not wrong he left because of relationship issues with the BVB´s CEO. On the plus side, apparently he was chosen by the Sheikh Tamim Al Thani himself and he already talked to Neymar. So let´s see how long the good relationship will last. xD

3 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

That was exactly what I was thinking. Man, that PSG dressing room is tough to control. Firstly, because everything in that club is leaked to the media. They´ve tried numerous times to find out the "rat" without success, L´Équipe and other outlets keep getting info from the inside. The egos are also a huge problem and it´s potentialized by the formation national clans.

There are 3 clans in the PSG dressing room: the rioplatense clan, formed by Cavani, Di María, Lo Celso and Pastore. The brazilian clan formed by Neymar, Dani Alves, Marquinhos, Thiago Silva and Kevin Trapp (his girlfriend is brazilian). And the french clan, formed by Rabiot, Areola, Mbappé and the other french players.   

It´s a mess. 

Tuchel is a great football mind, I loved how his Dortmund side played but if I´m not wrong he left because of relationship issues with the BVB´s CEO. So, I don´t know how long he will last at PSG. On the plus side, apparently he was chosen by the Sheikh Tamim Al Thani himself and he already talked to Neymar. So let´s see how long the good relationship will last. xD

Are you serious? You're saying because his gf is Brazilian, he's behaving like a Brazilian now?

1 minute ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Are you serious? You're saying because his gf is Brazilian, he's behaving like a Brazilian now?

This is not me saying. It´s the reports coming from PSG´s dressing room. Trapp hangs out with the brazilians. The other german in the team, Draxler, is a more of a loner there. 

7607526_clan-psg-equipe.jpg

https://www.leparisien.fr/sports/football/psg/psg-une-equipe-divisee-en-trois-clans-14-03-2018-7607004.php

4 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

On the plus side, apparently he was chosen by the Sheikh Tamim Al Thani himself and he already talked to Neymar. So let´s see how long the good relationship will last. xD

That's a plus?  The King of Qatar involved! xD

What a joke of a club.  They are an absolute comedy show and the only relationship they have under this ownership with the sport is that they are permitted to share a playing field with football clubs.

How a state run club is permitted to exist I'll never know.... Without adding which state.

As for everything else especially the the rat, it looks very likely it's Meunier, as he is very vocal on various issues and seems to be very rebellious.  Could be wrong on that one but the clan issue happens at most clubs but not in such a ridiculous manner don't you think?

4 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

What does behaving like a Brazilian mean?  Being in a group of people doesn't make you behave in any particular manner and why the distinction of a possible behavioural pattern with cultures? Behaviour? O.o

Maybe you chose the incorrect word mate because that sounds very dodgy indeed.

Just now, SirBalon said:

What a joke of a club.  They are an absolute comedy show and the only relationship they have under this ownership with the sport is that they are permitted to share a playing field with football clubs.

How a state run club is permitted to exist I'll never know.... Without adding which state.

As for everything else especially the the rat, it looks very likely it's Meunier, as he is very vocal on various issues and seems to be very rebellious.  Could be wrong on that one but the clan issue happens at most clubs but not in such a ridiculous manner don't you think?

It's on the plus side for Tuchel as it increases the liklihood of him not getting fired too early, not on the plus side of club football romanticism.

5 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

It's on the plus side for Tuchel as it increases the liklihood of him not getting fired too early, not on the plus side of club football romanticism.

Oh, Tuchel will get fired mate, he'll get fired if he doesn't win the Champions League because as I said before, he could win Ligue with a 100% win record and that would be meaningless to the King of Qatar.

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

On the context, yes it´s a plus. I mean, everyone knows it´s a state club and it´s better to have the backing of the emir himself, right? xD

Definitely. It happens everywhere, but in PSG those divisions seem to have become toxic.

Could be Meunier, but the leaking pre-dates him. Emery sold Lucas Moura because he thought Lucas was the rat, yet the leaks kept happening. It´s probably a guy who´s been there for a long time, because it´s an old problem. And it´s not necessarily a problem, could be a staffer. Man, staffers know everything. xD I know that well because my brother-in-law was a doctor in a first division team here in Brazil.  He knew a lot of stuff.

Archived