talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brazil World Cup Squad

Tite´s just announced the final squad for Brazil: 

Screenshot_20180604-161716_Drive.thumb.jpg.99c1359a1e186e86ad0c5ea57da64970.jpg

23 Squad: Alisson, Ederson, Cássio, Danilo, Fagner, Marcelo, Filipe Luís, Marquinhos, Miranda, Thiago Silva, Geromel, Casemiro, Paulinho, Fernandinho, Renato Augusto, Willian, Coutinho, Fred, Douglas Costa, Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, Firmino, Taison.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

Who is Geromel?!

No Rafinha or Alex Sandro. 

Pedro Geromel, central-back from Grêmio. Good player. Dedé, from Cruzeiro, is right now the best defender in brazilian football but he´s only returned to his best form recently. I´d have called him, but it´s hard to argue with Geromel´s consistency. 

Taison, Renato Augusto and Fagner are not good choices. Arthur, Lucas Paquetá and Fabinho were all more deserving of a seat on the plane to Russia, in my opinion. 

• The topic was pinned
6 hours ago, Spike said:

Nice to see that his dream came true and he´s now part of our national team. Gabriel Jesus is a really nice kid, he´s a hard worker and is very down to earth. It´s hard to find a top brazilian player so mature at his age. 

On 15/05/2018 at 10:21, Marc said:

That’s a very good squad. What’s a likely starting 11?

It´ll probably be:

Alisson

Danilo --- Marquinhos --- Miranda --- Marcelo

Casemiro

Paulinho     ---    Renato Augusto

Coutinho

Gabriel Jesus --- Neymar

On 14 May 2018 at 18:24, Stan said:

Who is Geromel?!

No Rafinha or Alex Sandro. 

The worst thing is nor Arthur!  Forget those although I thought Rafinha may have had a chance too.

How can you not take Arthur Melo seeing as Brazil don't have anything like him.

18 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The worst thing is nor Arthur!  Forget those although I thought Rafinha may have had a chance too.

How can you not take Arthur Melo seeing as Brazil don't have anything like him.

We all knew he wasn't going to be called up though, lets be honest.

Tite is just like Ricardo Gareca that he trusts a specific group and that group only.

Just now, Blue said:

We all knew he wasn't going to be called up though, lets be honest.

Tite is just like Ricardo Gareca that he trusts a specific group and that group only.

That doesn't make it right though. With Gareca it's a different scenario to that with Tite as the Brazil coach has a bigger pool of of players to choose from.  I think you'll admit to that and with Arthur he's leaving out one of the most talented young players in the world not just in Brazil.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

That doesn't make it right though. With Gareca it's a different scenario to that with Tite as the Brazil coach has a bigger pool of of players to choose from.  I think you'll admit to that and with Arthur he's leaving out one of the most talented young players in the world not just in Brazil.

I completely agree with you, but Tite has been picking the same core since he was appointed.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

I completely agree with you, but Tite has been picking the same core since he was appointed.

Makes him sound either limited or cowardly, don't know which to be honest.  The probability is the style of play Tite wants to continue employing and with Arthur I would expect you need to be more flexible in other areas to capture the best out of him. The odd thing is that Tite has been signing Arthur's praises a lot recently in press conferences and interviews.

@El Profesor

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/05/2018 at 08:07, SirBalon said:

Makes him sound either limited or cowardly, don't know which to be honest.  The probability is the style of play Tite wants to continue employing and with Arthur I would expect you need to be more flexible in other areas to capture the best out of him. The odd thing is that Tite has been signing Arthur's praises a lot recently in press conferences and interviews.

@El Profesor

In Tite´s mind, it was either Fred or Arthur and he decided to take Fred for his european experience. That´s was his thought process and I respect his football knowledge, but I still don´t like our midfield.

Paulinho in the press conference said that Tite asked him to be the organizer of the midfield. I mean, come on. I don´t think Paulinho is a bad player, he is an useful player, but if your team depends on his passing you´re in trouble. Also, you know how I feel about Coutinho as a midfielder. 

Arthur, in my opinion, should have been called and given a chance to win a starting spot. He´s the kind of midfielder we´ve missed all these years.

Arthur in Brasileirão this season:

vs Cruzeiro: 104 passes & 95% pass accuracy

vs Atletico PR: 80 passes & 96% pass accuracy

vs Santos: 106 passes & 95% pass accuracy

vs Internacional: 111 passes & 95% pass accuracy

vs Palmeiras: 56 passes & 98% pass accuracy

In my opinion, it´s not coincidence that Spain and Germany won the last two World Cups. Those were the teams with the strongest midfields at the time. Busquets-Alonso-Xaxi-Iniesta in 2010; Schweinsteiger-Khedira-Kroos-Ozil in 2014. 

9 hours ago, Mel81x said:

@El Profesor Neymar missed training with the team after getting a knock in the game against the Swiss. Nothing serious we hope.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12027/11409170/neymar-misses-brazil-training-after-knock-against-switzerland

He also left the training today. Sore ankle. 

He told a journalist who he´s friend with that it was just as a precaution. But still, this doesn´t look good. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived