talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Argentina World Cup Squad

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Dan said:

That's honestly the worst Argentina side I can remember and it's got the best player I can remember in it. Unreal.

2010's was equally bad i think.

10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Lol @Blue got his wish. 

100% This is what Sampaoli will start

Aguero----Higuain

Messi

Di Maria----Biglia----Banega----Mercado

Mascherano---Fazio----Otamendi

Armani 

Nah, put Tagliafico for Masche, Mercado as a regular RB, replace one of Aguero or Higuain for another midfielder and perhaps Banega with Lo Celso and that will be the team.

27 minutes ago, Berserker said:

2010's was equally bad i think.

Nah, put Tagliafico for Masche, Mercado as a regular RB, replace one of Aguero or Higuain for another midfielder and perhaps Banega with Lo Celso and that will be the team.

Banega and Biglia are nailed on the Centre Midfield pair. 

4 minutes ago, Berserker said:

I too think these will start, but journos here reckon Lo Celso is edging Banega.

Could be a 4-2-3-1 with Lo Celso playing behind the striker and Messi on the right. 

5 hours ago, True Blue said:

Romero out of the World Cup, he will be replaced by Tigres keeper Nahuel Guzman.

So Willy to be number one surely?

Nah it'll be Armani. Argentines in general are raving about him. 

Rulli is the new Diego Alves. Proper CV but no manager seems to like him.

He's not better than Armani, but surely better than Willy and Guzman.

Fucking Guzman! He's awful.

13 hours ago, Cicero said:

Could be a 4-2-3-1 with Lo Celso playing behind the striker and Messi on the right. 

Doubt so, would be very unbalanced on the wings.

16 minutes ago, Blue said:

Rulli is the new Diego Alves. Proper CV but no manager seems to like him.

He's not better than Armani, but surely better than Willy and Guzman.

Fucking Guzman! He's awful.

I wanted Rulli in the NT two years ago but he was given a chance in the Olympics and was dreadful, and also had an abysmal season so no way should he be called.

12 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Doubt so, would be very unbalanced on the wings.

I wanted Rulli in the NT two years ago but he was given a chance in the Olympics and was dreadful, and also had an abysmal season so no way should he be called.

Who do you think will start up top? 

• The topic was pinned
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Embarrassing if Argentina's only warm up game before the World Cup is Haiti.

How? Not like the players are lacking fitness or anything. 

Fairly certain Sampaoli has had his starting XI figured out for weeks 

2 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Sampaoli actually did not want to play that friendly, it was forced upon them by the corrupt AFA since it will get them quite a few millions, that was the only reason of the friendly.

Given the attack will likely be Higuain, Messi, and Di Maria, with the defence being Tagliafico, Otamendi, Fazio, and Salvio...

Who's your midfield three?

Biglia, Lanzini, Banega, Lo Celso, Mascherano? 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Given the attack will likely be Higuain, Messi, and Di Maria, with the defence being Tagliafico, Otamendi, Fazio, and Salvio...

Who's your midfield three?

Biglia, Lanzini, Banega, Lo Celso, Mascherano? 

It's not crystal clear yet, i'd say Mascherano - Biglia - Banega/Lo Celso, but any of those could play. And also Mercado will be the starter RB, it's just that he's recovering from an injury, and Salvio is not even a FB, he's a winger, madness from Sampaoli to not have bringed more real CBs and FBs.

Just now, Berserker said:

It's not crystal clear yet,, i'd say Mascherano - Biglia - Banega/Lo Celso, but any of those could play. And also Mercado will be the starter RB, it's just that he's recovering from an injury, and Salvio is not even a FB, he's a winger, madness from Sampaoli to not have bringed more real CBs and FBs.

Sampaoli looks to have a hard on for Lanzini and Salvio. 

16 minutes ago, Cicero said:

How? Not like the players are lacking fitness or anything. 

Fairly certain Sampaoli has had his starting XI figured out for weeks 

I still think its fundamental to have 2 or 3 friendlies to get the team together after months of being away. 

It doesn't exactly have to be against the best teams, but I am in disbelief that the best Argentina can attract are Israel and Haiti.

Look at Australia. BVM doesn't want to play very many friendlies as he prefers a training camp in Turkey, but at the same time he knows its important to have 2 or 3. He ended up with Hungary and Czech Republic. 

If it were me, and I know I've done this practically 100 times, I'd start this against Iceland

Aguero

Pavon---------------------Messi

Lanzini---Lo Celso

Biglia

Tagliafico---Otamendi---Fazio---Salvio

Armani

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Cicero said:

If it were me, and I know I've done this practically 100 times, I'd start this against Iceland

Aguero

Pavon---------------------Messi

Lanzini---Lo Celso

Biglia

Tagliafico---Otamendi---Fazio---Salvio

Armani

You forgot Gonzalo ' @Berserker' Higuain

Israel want to get Argentina kicked out of the World Cup for cancelling their friendly. Authorities will fly to Switzerland to talk to FIFA. They are becoming a parody.

It is obviously not going to happen so I can't wait to see Infantino just outright reject them in their faces.

The death threats have come from Palestinians towards Messi and his family.  Not just them, but practically every member of the Argentinian squad and members of the AFA (the members of the AFA being the most likely reason the game was cancelled, cowards!)

Archived