talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Argentina World Cup Squad

16 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The death threats have come from Palestinians towards Messi and his family.  Not just them, but practically every member of the Argentinian squad and members of the AFA (the members of the AFA being the most likely reason the game was cancelled, cowards!)

Yeah just read that. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/6/2018 at 10:53, SirBalon said:

The death threats have come from Palestinians towards Messi and his family.  Not just them, but practically every member of the Argentinian squad and members of the AFA (the members of the AFA being the most likely reason the game was cancelled, cowards!)

You're wrong mate, they fucked up, but not because of wanting to cancel the game, for accepting it. It's the players that didn't want to go because of the threats, if it was for the AFA it would have be played no matter what, cuz money you know.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I’d rather have Perotti than Lamela to be honest. 

Yeah me too, i really liked Lamela when he was with us, he was poised to be the next CR7 but he never got there unfortunately.

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Meza won't start. Never has other than the friendly against Spain. Looked lost. 

DiMaria is nailed on to start ahead of Perotti 

Higuain and Aguero is 50/50. I prefer the latter. 

He didn't look lost, he was decent and one of the better performers in that mess of a match. I know that won't be the actual XI, it's just the one i'd want. Strange you want Aguero to start since you were very critical of him till a few months back.

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

He didn't look lost, he was decent and one of the better performers in that mess of a match. I know that won't be the actual XI, it's just the one i'd want. Strange you want Aguero to start since you were very critical of him till a few months back.

I'm critical on both him and Higuain. Matter of fact, I've made it pretty clear that everyone bar Messi, Mascherano, and Romero aren't fit enough to wear the Argentina kit. Aguero at the very least has run into a bit of form as of late hence me preferring him. 

Aguero

DiMaria----Messi-----Salvio

Biglia---Lo Celso

Tagliafico---Otamendi---Fazio---Mercado

Armani 

It should be Papu that replaces Lanzini. Also fuck Aguero, he shouldn't be on the plane to Argentina. Constant underpeformer for Argentina.

Papu - Messi - Correa
Banega - Lo Celso
Mascherano
Tagliafico - Otamendi - Fazio - Mercado
Armani

There is your WC. Two hard working forwards, either side of Messi, creativity and hardwork in the midfield and a strong defence. Higuian as the impact sub, Aguero, Di Maria and Biglia left home. Pavon isn't ready from what I've heard; probably a political pick to have Boca player in the squad.

42 minutes ago, Spike said:

It should be Papu that replaces Lanzini. Also fuck Aguero, he shouldn't be on the plane to Argentina. Constant underpeformer for Argentina.

Papu - Messi - Correa
Banega - Lo Celso
Mascherano
Tagliafico - Otamendi - Fazio - Mercado
Armani

There is your WC. Two hard working forwards, either side of Messi, creativity and hardwork in the midfield and a strong defence. Higuian as the impact sub, Aguero, Di Maria and Biglia left home. Pavon isn't ready from what I've heard; probably a political pick to have Boca player in the squad.

You want to relegate Messi to a static forward and lose the only world class creativity in the squad?

Just now, SirBalon said:

You want to relegate Messi to a static forward and lose the only world class creativity in the squad?

This is the worst post you've ever madeO.o. You know very well a formation means f-all and that I said nothing about  Messi being 'static forward'.  The point being, Papu and Correa work hard off the ball, make runs and can finish. Messi can create anywhere on the pitch but he can have freedom in the middle, you say that he is the only world class creativity they have, well for Argentina he is also their only world class finisher. 

When has Messi ever played well as a classic 10? Never, that isn't the player he is, that position is dead and that is why teams like Arsenal that use a classic 10 like Ozil win nothing.

21 minutes ago, Cicero said:

What lineup did Argentina play where they absolutely pissed through the WC 2014 qualifiers? 

Aguero----Higuain------Messi

Di Maria-----------------------------------

Biglia--Mascherano

Rojo---F-Fernandez---Garay---Zabaleta

Romero

Think that was it.

Edit: Actually Gago was the starter besides Mascherano, but he was injured frequently.

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Aguero----Higuain------Messi

Di Maria-----------------------------------

Biglia--Mascherano

Rojo---F-Fernandez---Garay---Zabaleta

Romero

Think that was it.

That is atrocious. It isn't 2012, about seven of those players are in the town through name only.

Just now, Spike said:

That is atrocious. It isn't 2012, about seven of those players are in the town through name only.

He asked what was the formation, i told him. Not saying that it should be the actual one.

Just now, Berserker said:

He asked what was the formation, i told him. Not saying that it should be the actual one.

I know xD I wasn't criticising you, I was criticising that team.

50 minutes ago, Spike said:

This is the worst post you've ever madeO.o. You know very well a formation means f-all and that I said nothing about  Messi being 'static forward'.  The point being, Papu and Correa work hard off the ball, make runs and can finish. Messi can create anywhere on the pitch but he can have freedom in the middle, you say that he is the only world class creativity they have, well for Argentina he is also their only world class finisher. 

When has Messi ever played well as a classic 10? Never, that isn't the player he is, that position is dead and that is why teams like Arsenal that use a classic 10 like Ozil win nothing.

What are you wearing?

Just now, SirBalon said:

What are you wearing?

Someone is drunk and about to receive the bollocking of his life. Also turquoise Calvin Klein breifs, the kind that are in between sporty and regular cotton. Smooth. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Someone is drunk and about to receive the bollocking of his life. Also turquoise Calvin Klein breifs, the kind that are in between sporty and regular cotton. Smooth. 

Do you wax or shave?

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I like the idea of a midfield three of Banega, Lo Celso, and Mascherano. 

I think it's a nice mix. Banega is creative, Mascherano is defensive, and Lo Celso can do a bit of both. 

Archived