talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jorginho Completes £50m Move to Chelsea

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Joyce saying City have come in late for Jorginho and may have sealed the deal. 

Dissapointing if true but oh well, I trust Klopp to find a excellent alternative.  

If true it lends a lot more credence to the Neves stuff, although it's a lot more of an unknown player though. Buying from Napoli is hard though, they almost always get themselves a good deal. Citeh are always in a position of power if they want one of their players imo.

Bit of a let down if we can't get Jorginho, but it's city so they have the best hand. 

Like MadLad said, I'm beginning to trust Klopp with every signing now, it's been a while since we bought a flop. 

Manchester City are keen on signing Napoli midfielder Jorginho, Sky Sports News understands.

The Italy international has been monitored by City for a while and he is on their list of summer targets.

The 26-year-old has five international caps and some reports claim City have already made enquiries with the Serie A club as to his availability.

• The topic was unpinned
On 23/04/2018 at 13:55, Cicero said:

City rumored to be close to signing Jorginho. He and his representatives met with Tixi last weekend. 

Strengthening after a title win? Madness! 

If Jorginho is going to City, then it means Fred is probably headed to United. I mean, even City has a budget, right? xD 

54 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

I mean, even City has a budget, right?

Not really because they're another Gulf State owned club. The only budget City and PSG adhere to is the one the authorities stipulate.  They're another club under investigation although not to the extent their French sister is.

Jorginho would be a very good signing in my view.  Brilliant player in the correct system which City do use as Napoli do.

I've got a feeling City are going to go for a marquee striker signing.  A big name in that respect!  Although with Guardiola's obsession with midfielders and that he always feels he doesn't have enough, who knows.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I've got a feeling City are going to go for a marquee striker signing.  A big name in that respect!  Although with Guardiola's obsession with midfielders and that he always feels he doesn't have enough, who knows.

Not many marquee striker's around at the moment though mate - so not sure where they would get one from that's attainable.

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Not many marquee striker's around at the moment though mate - so not sure where they would get one from that's attainable.

The only one I can think of that would be "gettable" is Lewandowski but he is not even in the realms of fitting into a style like the one Pep employs at Man City and I think they had issues with each other at Bayern if I'm not mistaken.

One that I do think would fit in but has ruined his career in various ways would've been Karim Benzema... But that would be going backwards. 

Maybe Neymar? :o

Playing the false 9 is something Guardiola absolutely adores as it means having that extra man in midfield and he did it with Messi at Barça.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The only one I can think of that would be "gettable" is Lewandowski but he is not even in the realms of fitting into a style like the one Pep employs at Man City and I think they had issues with each other at Bayern if I'm not mistaken.

One that I do think would fit in but has ruined his career in various ways would've been Karim Benzema... But that would be going backwards. 

Maybe Neymar? :o

Playing the false 9 is something Guardiola absolutely adores as it means having that extra man in midfield and he did it with Messi at Barça.

Yeah Lewandowski seems to be the only one that can be prised away but I think if he's on the move a certain club in Madrid would have to be a front runner.

Could definitely see Man City wanting Neymar, maybe not this summer, but surely got to be a possibility down the line.

What about Icardi, could that be a fit?

Just now, Storts said:

Yeah Lewandowski seems to be the only one that can be prised away but I think if he's on the move a certain club in Madrid would have to be a front runner.

Could definitely see Man City wanting Neymar, maybe not this summer, but surely got to be a possibility down the line.

What about Icardi, could that be a fit?

Guardiola had Icardi in the Barcelona youths when he was coach there (Icardi was a La Masia youth) and if he didn't want him then, I doubt anything has changed as Pep isn't one to forgive and forget... Plus Icardi seems to be very rebellious and that is a definite no-no for Guardiola.

Neymar doesn't seem to be leaving PSG this summer but I can see Manchester City really putting everything into it and challenging Real Madrid for the marquee signing.  With Neymar you don't only get the obvious potential (let's leave out all the other negative crap that surrounds him personally and with his entourage), but also the fact that in effect it isn't spending even if it would cost a massive fortune... His brand name earns you that back and more at the click of a finger.  It makes sense if he (Neymar) is willing to stop being an idiot and concentrate on what the coach says and football in general... It's a big ask from Neymar although greater feats have been achieved like controlling influenza.

42 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Guardiola had Icardi in the Barcelona youths when he was coach there (Icardi was a La Masia youth) and if he didn't want him then, I doubt anything has changed as Pep isn't one to forgive and forget... Plus Icardi seems to be very rebellious and that is a definite no-no for Guardiola.

Neymar doesn't seem to be leaving PSG this summer but I can see Manchester City really putting everything into it and challenging Real Madrid for the marquee signing.  With Neymar you don't only get the obvious potential (let's leave out all the other negative crap that surrounds him personally and with his entourage), but also the fact that in effect it isn't spending even if it would cost a massive fortune... His brand name earns you that back and more at the click of a finger.  It makes sense if he (Neymar) is willing to stop being an idiot and concentrate on what the coach says and football in general... It's a big ask from Neymar although greater feats have been achieved like controlling influenza.

Neymar is a cancer, i wouldn't want it at my club, he would fit in great at United

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Neymar is a cancer, i wouldn't want it at my club, he would fit in great at United

I understand that sentiment... Knowing what's known now, I wouldn't have him either.  Maybe Mbappé?

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I understand that sentiment... Knowing what's known now, I wouldn't have him either.  Maybe Mbappé?

Would love Mbappe, he's going to be the best striker in the game in a few years with Jesus

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I would settle for Mbappe & Kane tbh 

No chance you get either this summer though, that’s the point I was making to Balon, can’t see many attainable top level forwards available

9 minutes ago, Storts said:

No chance you get either this summer though, that’s the point I was making to Balon, can’t see many attainable top level forwards available

Kane would be difficult but HRH Prince Mansour indirectly own's PSG ;)

• The title was changed to Jorginho Completes £50m Move to Chelsea

Archived