Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Barton - Kante Is Overrated


Recommended Posts

Sign up to remove this ad.

Kanté is brilliant, no doubt about it but he still hasn't done anything on the biggest club stage (because he hasn't been able to) and we'll see how he handles himself then.  That would be my only question mark on him right now just to be picky.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Kanté is brilliant, no doubt about it but he still hasn't done anything on the biggest club stage (because he hasn't been able to) and we'll see how he handles himself then.  That would be my only question mark on him right now just to be picky.

surely it says more that he's already won a Premier League title (and about to win a 2nd) with so called 'lesser' players around him as opposed to doing it on a big stage with an abundance of talent around him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is Kante world-class? Depend on your definition I suppose but I think everyone would be lying if they said they didn't need a player like him in their squad. He exudes energy and is always the first to chase a mistake he's made and correct it. I'd take a player like that any day of the week.

Barton is just doing his usual open-my-mouth dance because maybe his media stock is dipping. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't believe I agree somewhat with Barton. He's got a fantastic engine, runs round breaking play up and plays the ball off. His stamina is world class no doubt, but he was being ridiculed first few games of the season for how fucking out of place he looked.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

surely it says more that he's already won a Premier League title (and about to win a 2nd) with so called 'lesser' players around him as opposed to doing it on a big stage with an abundance of talent around him?

Don't get me wrong.  What he was a part of last season is tremendous and I think he's brilliant (I already said this).  But he is rated to standards he yet hasn't achieved and if he were to excel in his position next season when Chelsea play the top European sides, then he will rightfully merit the rating he's getting.  With this, I'm not saying he's overrated, just that he's put in a similar category to other players in Europe playing there and those others have proved themselves already.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The Champions League is awful at the moment, look at round 16. People scoring 4-5-6 everywhere.

The Champions League isn't awful, what's happened is that there are certain teams in Europe that are on an astronomical level and what I said in my particular comment is that someone like Kanté needs to measure himself against those best sides in Europe and see if he dominate in what he does (in midfield) against his rival colleagues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I can't believe I agree somewhat with Barton. He's got a fantastic engine, runs round breaking play up and plays the ball off. His stamina is world class no doubt, but he was being ridiculed first few games of the season for how fucking out of place he looked.

Yeh but what about Kante :ph34r:

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's right in the context that he isn't a brilliant footballer. Kante is an excellent athlete who has a great ability of tracking down and tackling his opponent. He does have more of a technical side than Makelele. But in terms of footballing ability, he's no way in the same regard as Iniesta, Zidane, Pirlo, Xavi, etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So says Joey Barton, one of the biggest twats in the footballing world, arrogant, violent and a wasted prospect. Kante is striving and growing rapidly into an interesting and respectable talent, more than could be said for him at any point in his lacklustre club career.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

The Champions League isn't awful, what's happened is that there are certain teams in Europe that are on an astronomical level and what I said in my particular comment is that someone like Kanté needs to measure himself against those best sides in Europe and see if he dominate in what he does (in midfield) against his rival colleagues.

The Champions League is at its lowest standard for a long time, teams winning 4-0 and then the other team winning 6-1 in the return leg? Sure SKY sports might cream over it and glory supporters but it was an awful standard across both games. Likewise Arsenal being cunted 10-2, the Champions League has never been less competitive and boring as it it is at the moment.

Edited by The Artful Dodger
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The Champions League is at its lowest standard for a long time, teams winning 4-0 and then the other team winning 6-1 in the return leg? Sure SKY sports might cream over it and glory supporters but it was an awful standard across both games. Likewise Arsenal being cunted 10-2, the Champions League has never been less competitive and boring as it it is at the moment.

Pretty much agree with this. I don't know if the CL is on the lowest standard but the defending across Europe definitely is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

How has this turned into a Scholes Vs Lampard VS Gerrard debate? xD

Because whenever there is a debate about midfielders in the premier league it always turns into that lol.

 

However I do agree with Barton to a point, I don't think Kante is a god. He is a quality midfielder don't get me wrong but there are a number of players on that Chelsea side that are better and I would take over him in a heartbeat. I feel there are also a number of players you could slot into Kante's spot that would do as well a job as he has. That being said he is a quality midfielder that deserves the majority of credit he is given.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Because whenever there is a debate about midfielders in the premier league it always turns into that lol.

 

However I do agree with Barton to a point, I don't think Kante is a god. He is a quality midfielder don't get me wrong but there are a number of players on that Chelsea side that are better and I would take over him in a heartbeat. I feel there are also a number of players you could slot into Kante's spot that would do as well a job as he has. That being said he is a quality midfielder that deserves the majority of credit he is given.

1) - who?

2) - why have they not done it yet? 

Everyone speaks about him so highly because he's a breath of fresh air and is pretty much the best traditional defensive midfielder probably since Makalele which is why he gets compared to him so much. 

Not sure there are a 'number' of players who can do his job as well as he has done past 2 seasons. The man is a machine. He tackles brilliantly, very effective in his positioning, he's very quick and he's great for counter-attacking sides. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Romesh said:

1) - who?

2) - why have they not done it yet? 

Everyone speaks about him so highly because he's a breath of fresh air and is pretty much the best traditional defensive midfielder probably since Makalele which is why he gets compared to him so much. 

Not sure there are a 'number' of players who can do his job as well as he has done past 2 seasons. The man is a machine. He tackles brilliantly, very effective in his positioning, he's very quick and he's great for counter-attacking sides. 

I think Jordan Henderson, Morgan Schneiderlin, Danilo Pereira come to mind. As for a why I think it's because Kante is in a great system right now just as he was last season. I'm not trying to put Kante down in anyway, but I don't think he is world class yet like a Modric, or Sergio Busquets. 

Edited by Dickie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...