talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Barton - Kante Is Overrated

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kanté is brilliant, no doubt about it but he still hasn't done anything on the biggest club stage (because he hasn't been able to) and we'll see how he handles himself then.  That would be my only question mark on him right now just to be picky.

He clearly isn't but I do think there are certain times when people think he never does wrong. 

Seem to remember that video going around for their win against Swansea, he was lauded for bad play. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Kanté is brilliant, no doubt about it but he still hasn't done anything on the biggest club stage (because he hasn't been able to) and we'll see how he handles himself then.  That would be my only question mark on him right now just to be picky.

surely it says more that he's already won a Premier League title (and about to win a 2nd) with so called 'lesser' players around him as opposed to doing it on a big stage with an abundance of talent around him?

• Subscriber

Is Kante world-class? Depend on your definition I suppose but I think everyone would be lying if they said they didn't need a player like him in their squad. He exudes energy and is always the first to chase a mistake he's made and correct it. I'd take a player like that any day of the week.

Barton is just doing his usual open-my-mouth dance because maybe his media stock is dipping. 

I can't believe I agree somewhat with Barton. He's got a fantastic engine, runs round breaking play up and plays the ball off. His stamina is world class no doubt, but he was being ridiculed first few games of the season for how fucking out of place he looked.

52 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

surely it says more that he's already won a Premier League title (and about to win a 2nd) with so called 'lesser' players around him as opposed to doing it on a big stage with an abundance of talent around him?

Don't get me wrong.  What he was a part of last season is tremendous and I think he's brilliant (I already said this).  But he is rated to standards he yet hasn't achieved and if he were to excel in his position next season when Chelsea play the top European sides, then he will rightfully merit the rating he's getting.  With this, I'm not saying he's overrated, just that he's put in a similar category to other players in Europe playing there and those others have proved themselves already.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The Champions League is awful at the moment, look at round 16. People scoring 4-5-6 everywhere.

The Champions League isn't awful, what's happened is that there are certain teams in Europe that are on an astronomical level and what I said in my particular comment is that someone like Kanté needs to measure himself against those best sides in Europe and see if he dominate in what he does (in midfield) against his rival colleagues.

21 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I can't believe I agree somewhat with Barton. He's got a fantastic engine, runs round breaking play up and plays the ball off. His stamina is world class no doubt, but he was being ridiculed first few games of the season for how fucking out of place he looked.

Yeh but what about Kante :ph34r:

He's right in the context that he isn't a brilliant footballer. Kante is an excellent athlete who has a great ability of tracking down and tackling his opponent. He does have more of a technical side than Makelele. But in terms of footballing ability, he's no way in the same regard as Iniesta, Zidane, Pirlo, Xavi, etc. 

So says Joey Barton, one of the biggest twats in the footballing world, arrogant, violent and a wasted prospect. Kante is striving and growing rapidly into an interesting and respectable talent, more than could be said for him at any point in his lacklustre club career.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

The Champions League isn't awful, what's happened is that there are certain teams in Europe that are on an astronomical level and what I said in my particular comment is that someone like Kanté needs to measure himself against those best sides in Europe and see if he dominate in what he does (in midfield) against his rival colleagues.

The Champions League is at its lowest standard for a long time, teams winning 4-0 and then the other team winning 6-1 in the return leg? Sure SKY sports might cream over it and glory supporters but it was an awful standard across both games. Likewise Arsenal being cunted 10-2, the Champions League has never been less competitive and boring as it it is at the moment.

Archived