talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mexico World Cup Squad

Squad List:

Screenshot_20180604-161923_Drive.thumb.jpg.98a4e626948967762afac8dfdea93f10.jpg

Provisional Squad: Guillermo Ochoa (Standard Liege, Belgium), Alfredo Talavera (Toluca), Jesus Corona (Cruz Azul); Diego Reyes (Porto, Portugal), Carlos Salcedo (Eintracht Frankfurt, Germany), Hector Moreno (Real Sociedad, Spain), Oswaldo Alanis (Getafe, Spain), Nestor Araujo (Santos Laguna), Miguel Layun (Sevilla, Spain), Jesus Gallardo (Pumas), Hugo Ayala (Tigres UANL), Edson Alvarez (Club America); Hector Herrera (Porto, Portugal), Andres Guardado (Real Betis, Spain), Rafa Marquez (Atlas), Jonathan dos Santos (LA Galaxy, USA), Marco Fabian (Eintracht Frankfurt, Germany), Jesus Molina (Monterrey), Erick Gutierrez (Pachuca), Giovani dos Santos (LA Galaxy, USA); Javier Aquino (Tigres UANL), Jesus Corona (Porto, Portugal), Raul Jimenez (Benfica, Portugal), Oribe Peralta (Club America), Javier Hernandez (West Ham United, England), Carlos Vela (LAFC, USA), Hirving Lozano (PSV Eindhoven, the Netherlands), Jurgen Damm (Tigres UANL).

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Dont really care about the list or the WC, the sooner Osorio fucks off the better. His tactics and squad rotation have pissed me off enough. Good luck to club america players and youth products !

Surely you fancy your chances of making the last sixteen again?

On 5/15/2018 at 16:30, The Palace Fan said:

Surely you fancy your chances of making the last sixteen again?

It's a coin toss I think. Both Mexico and South Korea are good at attacking but terrible at defending. Then there is Sweden who aren't great at attacking but good at defending.

• Subscriber
On 15/05/2018 at 02:38, Teso dos Bichos said:

Dont really care about the list or the WC, the sooner Osorio fucks off the better. His tactics and squad rotation have pissed me off enough. Good luck to club america players and youth products !

Frustrating that you have such a poor manager really because that is a good squad if utilised properly. Much better than the likes of Peru or South Korea for example, but both are likely to do better 

• Subscriber

What attempt? I’m talking to Teso.

Mexicos squad on paper is pretty good, better than yours or South Korea’s for example imo, but they are severely under utilised and it will likely be a very underwhelming World Cup for them whereas I see Peru and SK doing better even though for me they have less quality 

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Mexico have a great team on paper.

If only life excluded facts like Vela and dos Santos brothers preferring playing basketball like paper does.

15 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

ignore the troll Nicholas, some people cant accept reality.

while some claim peru is a such a better team, their best defender is a 30+ year old peruvian league defender and a overrated "wc" player that plays in the brazilian league...ffs d'alessandro has been tearing up that league for years! meanwhile, mexico has diego reyes ( last year top five la liga defender and he is our second option) and we have lozano who tore up the dutch league in its first year....one team has great players led ny a lunatic that needs to go back to colombia and fuck off and the other team has average players led by a decent coach but their success its based on chemistry and group work.

mexico plays whales tonight but osorio has fucked my nt so bad, i have no desire to watch it.

D'alessandro is a beast, just a shame he wasn't given the proper chances for the NT.

56 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

ignore the troll Nicholas, some people cant accept reality.

while some claim peru is a such a better team, their best defender is a 30+ year old peruvian league defender and a overrated "wc" player that plays in the brazilian league...ffs d'alessandro has been tearing up that league for years! meanwhile, mexico has diego reyes ( last year top five la liga defender and he is our second option) and we have lozano who tore up the dutch league in its first year....one team has great players led ny a lunatic that needs to go back to colombia and fuck off and the other team has average players led by a decent coach but their success its based on chemistry and group work.

mexico plays whales tonight but osorio has fucked my nt so bad, i have no desire to watch it.

The 2 bolded parts are so ironic. 

We have excellent players that will be playing in Europe after the World Cup. Thanks.

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

How many championships? The fact that he still plays there tells you how much you overrate him. Nico Castillo didn't need to be a top scorer to go from pumas to benfica? And why is that even relevant

He saved Monarcas from relegation and led them to 3 liguillas. And I don't overrate him but you say we have average players, all I really need to counter that is that our third striker finished top scorer in Mexico twice and has been the top scorer overall since he arrived.

Personally I couldn't care less about the Peru - Mexico comparison but you need to learn to form a proper opinion without using your personal agenda. I've done it before with Mexico, and the reason I don't rate this side is the same as you - I don't think Osorio in practice is a great coach. So basically, you're annoyed that I think Mexico is shit for the exact same reasons as you. Bravo.

We are work in process. We obviously won't have the players with the same resume as Mexicans. I just find it hilarious that our third striker is top scorer in Mexico since he arrived at a mid table club.

The likes of Trauco and Tapia are good enough to play for Barcelona, while Flores will be good enough for a Valencia type club. The only player in our squad that I think genuinely is average is Carrillo.

Your arguments are weak given my first sentence though. I can just as easily say "how many Mexicans are the top foreign scorer in Bundesliga history" and it would mean fuck all. If you want an answer though, Farfán led PSV to 3 Eredivisie titles. 

This whole argument has been going on for 3 years and you still have that silly agenda. Just get over it.

• Administrator
58 minutes ago, Blue said:

The 2 bolded parts are so ironic. 

We have excellent players that will be playing in Europe after the World Cup. Thanks.

who you reckon will make the step up to Europe?

Just now, Stan said:

who you reckon will make the step up to Europe?

Trauco and Gallese. I also think Tapia will jump to a bigger club but he's already in Europe.

Trauco I think will impress enough to go to a big club as will Tapia. Gallese will probably take the same route as Navas I reckon.

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I hope all those 30 skank whores got grudge fuck.. pussy whipped Herrera had to ask permission to leave the concentration and go see his family in Portugal to apologise... What a pussy! 

Herrera would be a virgin if not for money. Uglier than an orc from LOTR, and equally as stupid.

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

Herrera would be a virgin if not for money. Uglier than an orc from LOTR, and equally as stupid.

Hector´s wife´s so out of his league. Girl is a 8, easily, he´s 3 at max. And yet, he´s the unfaithful one! xD @Teso dos Bichos , Spike is right. Come on, he´s ugly as hell.

herrera.jpg

Archived