• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

One Month...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Blue said:

Now you know how the last 40 years felt for us :ph34r:

Apples and oranges mate. We were a shocker not to make it...for the first time in 40 years you shocked the world BY making it. 

I need to pick a country for this tournament. 

Just now, Eco said:

Apples and oranges mate. We were a shocker not to make it...for the first time in 40 years you shocked the world BY making it. 

I need to pick a country for this tournament. 

What I did in the last few World Cups was just cheer for the South American, although I can see its more difficult for you given Canada isn't in it. South Americans are all brothers so culturally its easier for the ones who don't make it.

I do that or just choose a side who I liked in the first 2 rounds.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Blue said:

What I did in the last few World Cups was just cheer for the South American, although I can see its more difficult for you given Canada isn't in it. South Americans are all brothers so culturally its easier for the ones who don't make it.

sexist.

27 minutes ago, Blue said:

Lies - I know enough South Americans to know NONE of them consider Argentina a 'brother'. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Lies - I know enough South Americans to know NONE of them consider Argentina a 'brother'. 

Maybe I didn't word it best - I don't mean that Argentina is our New Zealand to Australia, but we're all related in some ways and I put that down to similar culture, same language and government relations.

9 out of 10 countries in South America are similar. I think a better comparison is Wales or Scotland to England. Not necessarily "brothers" but very related and like to have banter within one another.

3 hours ago, Blue said:

Yeah Brazil and Argentina always cheer each other on:D

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah Brazil and Argentina always cheer each other on:D

I didn't cheer Chile in the last World Cup - but I know some people who did.

3 hours ago, Blue said:

Now you know how the last 40 years felt for us :ph34r:

That's a long time. But at least you had the copa America. Think now Scotland feel

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I didn't cheer Chile in the last World Cup - but I know some people who did.

I cheer on all the British teams even Scotland. But that is rare though

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I cheer on all the British teams even Scotland. But that is rare though

It isn't in South America.

4 hours ago, Eco said:

Haha, you know that much about us?, it's not for nothing Buenos Aires was called the "Paris of South America", we were kinda like the Japan of the region.

17 hours ago, Berserker said:

Haha, you know that much about us?, it's not for nothing Buenos Aires was called the "Paris of South America", we were kinda like the Japan of the region.

Hah - I just have a few Brazilian friends, and two from South America, and they all agree about Argentina. Never been so I don't put a lot of stock into it, but from my perspective, you guys are the favorites among SA

Archived