talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Warm-up Friendlies

Everyone talks Tim Cahill and how he shouldn't be on the national team, but I wonder what people still see in Robbie Kruse. He's useless.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm close to conceding that Trent Sainsbury is the best Australian player overall. He's just a very solid CB.

Its between him and Mooy really.

25 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm close to conceding that Trent Sainsbury is the best Australian player overall. He's just a very solid CB.

Its between him and Mooy really.

He's generally incredibly solid. I'm glad he's finally away from China. He's made 1-2 errors of judgment but having him in our team is a huge plus. I have never rated Milligan and him at CB worries me. 

Kruse has so many haters these days, not the same player he used to be due to injuries and hasn't played well for us for a long time. 

Glad Risdon has started well. 

Mooy and Rogic have the potential to be quite the pairing.

1-0 up at HT vs the Czech but I really think against someone like France we would be 3-0 down already. 

6 minutes ago, Toinho said:

He's generally incredibly solid. I'm glad he's finally away from China. He's made 1-2 errors of judgment but having him in our team is a huge plus. I have never rated Milligan and him at CB worries me. 

Kruse has so many haters these days, not the same player he used to be due to injuries and hasn't played well for us for a long time. 

Glad Risdon has started well. 

Mooy and Rogic have the potential to be quite the pairing.

1-0 up at HT vs the Czech but I really think against someone like France we would be 3-0 down already. 

Yeah, I've been quite surprised by Risdon so far, especially given the lack of depth Australia have in that position.

Just now, Toinho said:

@Bluethoughts on Nabbout? I would rather Maclaren than him and Juric. Shame somehow the coach doesn't agree... 

Juric is apparently dealing with a knock, hence why Nabbout is starting but he's not done a great job today. I think Maclaren would have been better.

Looking at Australia's marking scheme, I'm beginning to worry about them more than Denmark.

With the abundance of midfielders who are looking for a counter, that's the sort of side we struggle against. Where as Denmark will open up giving us more of a chance to enjoy our tiki-taka game.

Australia have been good to be fair. Getting the job done, defending excellently against a painfully average Czech Republic.

3-0 represents the scoreline well.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Looking at Australia's marking scheme, I'm beginning to worry about them more than Denmark.

With the abundance of midfielders who are looking for a counter, that's the sort of side we struggle against. Where as Denmark will open up giving us more of a chance to enjoy our tiki-taka game.

If we can play like this (at a faster pace and more solid at the back) then I'm feeling a bit more confident of getting at least a point or two in our group. 

3-0. 

Just now, Toinho said:

If we can play like this (at a faster pace and more solid at the back) then I'm feeling a bit more confident of getting at least a point or two in our group. 

3-0. 

I think you can get something against us or Denmark.

I'm hoping its against Denmark. I do believe we are the better team, but your marking style will bother us.

I'll give my thoughts on Australia at the end of the game. For now I'll say that Czech Republic are worse than Panama.

After watching that, I'm more worried about Australia than Denmark. They have a marking style that's been known to annoy us in the past and actually have playmaking quality unlike teams such as Bolivia, Scotland and New Zealand.

Denmark are a team that will open up a bit more and due to quality and man to man, that game will be a coin toss.

Given how good we've been at football in the last 2 years, I'm beginning to worry about failing to meet expectations. We genuinely are in the group of death.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

After watching that, I'm more worried about Australia than Denmark. They have a marking style that's been known to annoy us in the past and actually have playmaking quality unlike teams such as Bolivia, Scotland and New Zealand.

Denmark are a team that will open up a bit more and due to quality and man to man, that game will be a coin toss.

Given how good we've been at football in the last 2 years, I'm beginning to worry about failing to meet expectations. We genuinely are in the group of death.

59 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Bosnia just defeated South Korea 1-3 in a friendly.

God they are shit xD

While you both make decent points... it is exactly that... a friendly. 

• Administrator

@Toinho @Blue Hasn't MacLaren been injured for a lot of this season, and not actually played that much even when not injured?

Nabbout isn't a bad shout. Can be hit and miss though. Not seen the game/goals but hopefully for Australia's sake he's more 'hit' in a few weeks time. 

Archived