talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Germany World Cup Squad

Squad List:

Screenshot_20180604-161821_Drive.thumb.jpg.7ae10d407527837a46f083de26dd8f44.jpg

Preliminary Squad:

GK: Bernd Leno (Bayer Leverkusen), Manuel Neuer (FC Bayern), Marc-André ter Stegen (FC Barcelona),Kevin Trapp (Paris St. Germain)

DEF: Jerome Boateng (FC Bayern), Matthias Ginter (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Jonas Hector (1. FC Köln), Mats Hummels (FC Bayern), Joshua Kimmich (FC Bayern), Marvin Plattenhardt (Hertha BSC), Antonio Rüdiger (Chelsea), Niklas Süle (FC Bayern), Jonathan Tah (Bayer Leverkusen)

MID/ATT: Julian Brandt (Bayer Leverkusen), Julian Draxler (Paris St. Germain), Mario Gomez (VfB Stuttgart), Leon Goretzka (Schalke 04), Ilkay Gündogan (Manchester City), Sami Khedira (Juventus ), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Thomas Müller (FC Bayern), Mesut Özil (Arsenal), Nils Petersen (SC Freiburg) Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Sebastian Rudy (FC Bayern), Leroy Sané (Manchester City), Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Stop being anti social and join the rest of us.

I refuse to take part in World Cup forums ever since you abandoned your 100 Days... dancing banana thread :banana:

• Subscriber

Peterson and Brandt is good to see, I am a little surprised Max wasnt included but otherwise hard to argue with the lot. 4 Keepers seems inline with Neuer not being ready. 

Its always nice to Reus's name there too :x the question is, for how long :o

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

No Wagner? Shame about Stindl as well. BY THE WAY, what the fuck happened to Kramer? I remember he started the WC final got a concussion and then nothing.

Why are you asking, Werner and Petersen are both nominated, the only person, who thinks he´s better than them his himself?

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Why are you asking, Werner and Petersen are both nominated, the only person, who thinks he´s bettert than them his himself?

I'm surprised that is all. Also what are you asking me in bold ?

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

No Wagner? Shame about Stindl as well. BY THE WAY, what the fuck happened to Kramer? I remember he started the WC final got a concussion and then nothing.

He got at least 4 another concussions since then. Nothing happened, he's playing for Gladbach.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

He got at least 4 another concussions since then. Nothing happened, he's playing for Gladbach.

Four concussion is something happening nudge! That number is nothing to shake a finger at. In America athletes have killed themselves from CTE. Let's hope the Bundesliga/Gladbach know how to take care of concussions more than the NFL.

• Subscriber
Just now, Spike said:

Four concussion is something happening nudge! That number is nothing to shake a finger at. In America athletes have killed themselves from CTE. Let's hope the Bundesliga/Gladbach know how to take care of concussions more than the NFL.

Yeah I know, we were actually discussing it at some point in one of the matchday threads, I think. Even doctors suggested that he should start playing with some sort of head protection, he dismissed it though... 

Just now, nudge said:

Yeah I know, we were actually discussing it at some point in one of the matchday threads, I think. Even doctors suggested that he should start playing with some sort of head protection, he dismissed it though... 

Is it the concussions holding him back for playing for Germany? Or is he just not as talented as some over players? It's just really surprising to see someone win a WC so young and not really play for the national team again. I thought he looked decent when I saw him play a handful of times.

• Subscriber
Just now, Spike said:

Is it the concussions holding him back for playing for Germany? Or is he just not as talented as some over players? It's just really surprising to see someone win a WC so young and not really play for the national team again. I thought he looked decent when I saw him play a handful of times.

Nah, he's been cleared of any damage so far, so it's not that. He's a good player, but with competition in midfield for Germany, it's not surprising he wasn't called up. That said, I have no idea why Rudy is in the squad though...

What about Emre Can by the way? I know he's currently injured, but doesn't he try to come back for the Champions League final? You'd think he'd make at least the provisional squad. Now that he's one of the good German-Turks :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What about Emre Can by the way? I know he's currently injured, but doesn't he try to come back for the Champions League final? You'd think he'd make at least the provisional squad. Now that he's one of the good German-Turks :ph34r:

NO! Only pure German bred men can play for Germany. Proud Germans like Mario Gómez and Shkodran Mustafi.

23 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Pretty long layoff on a season where he's been pretty hit or miss. Not sure he'd be the best person to call up - even if he's fit for the final, I definitely don't want him out on the pitch unless it's to add more defensive cover late in the game or because we're barebones at CM and someone's injured.

I imagine Germany would rather go with someone who's shown more consistent form and hasn't had the injury woes.

Archived