talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Germany World Cup Squad

Just now, Devon Von Devon said:

@Tommy Why the 'Haha' :41_pensive:

He always acts so tough and over-confident. So it's probably all just an act to some degree. Of course you gotta feel for him, but it didn't expect him to cry over this. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/16/2018 at 01:23, Tommy said:

He always acts so tough and over-confident. So it's probably all just an act to some degree. Of course you gotta feel for him, but it didn't expect him to cry over this. 

Imagine finally making it in the twilight of your career, you have a chance to play at the World Cup after a career of mediocrity. You wouldn't cry? After all that? 

Of course he had a whinge about to the media, acted a little childish with his 'retirement' but Low is no better. Low of course had to come out and start running his mouth about Wagner. But ya know, Low has been in the public eye for decades, Wagner has been a literal 'who?' for most of his career. Ya kinda expect a little media immaturity from Wagner.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

how on earth has Sane not made the Germany squad o.Oo.O

Just Löw things. Otherwise he might have to eliminate one of his favourite bum boys like Sebastian Rudy. 

And now we have three goalkeepers in the squad, and out of those three only one has match practice, and he will still be the on the bench xD:dam:

Wow. I heard he was pretty bad against Austria but still, Sane is one of the best players around these days. Tearing the PL apart.

One of the few players I was looking forward to watch in the world cup... dang.

• Subscriber

Sané might be a fantastic player, but whenever he played for the national team, he's been utter shite and way too selfish, so I can kind of understand not including him. It's certainly unexpected though, and I'd still rather have Sané instead of Rudy or even Draxler, haha. Also Trapp instead of Leno doesn't make sense either, especially given the circumstances, as Tsubs already said. But it's Löw we're talking about, so none of this is really surprising xD 

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

So Bernd Leno, Leroy Sané, Jonathan Tah and Nils Peterson didn't make the final squad. 

Is Plattenhardt better than Hector? I remember there being never much enthusiasm for Hector being the starting LB for Germany. I also remember Howedes played more often than not as LB during the WC14 win?

Geez, is Boateng the fastest player you guys have!? Not a lotta pace in this team.

Günd should have been cut as well.  Never impressed on national team level.  If sane was cut for that reason so should günd.  

Sane had a better club season too.  And the squad is already strong in midfield so why bring günd.?

• Administrator
Just now, The Käiser said:

Günd should have been cut as well.  Never impressed on national team level.  If sane was cut for that reason so should günd.  

Sane had a better club season too.  And the squad is already strong in midfield so why bring günd.?

Gundogan doesn't even play regularly for City either. 

He wasn't going to pick Draxler, Reus and Sane as left wing options. One had to miss out. Draxler is more bedded into the squad and Low's plans so it was basically between Sane and Reus. 

Germany's midfield talent is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

He wasn't going to pick Draxler, Reus and Sane as left wing options. One had to miss out. Draxler is more bedded into the squad and Low's plans so it was basically between Sane and Reus. 

Germany's midfield talent is ridiculous.

When Sane can't get in your squad you know you're good.

Well.. then again, if we reach the Semis or the final or even win the whole thing again, people will say "Wow, Löw did everything right". Sané is a great young talent, but maybe not quite as teamplayer-ish as Löw would like. He was awful in the friendly against Austria, and that might have been the deciding factor. 

On 07/06/2018 at 08:49, Happy Blue said:

Sane is the best winger in that squad, it means that Low is crap more than anything

Ow yeah I  forgot you have managed a world cup winning squad and know more than him :bye:

On 6/7/2018 at 09:49, Happy Blue said:

Sane is the best winger in that squad, it means that Low is crap more than anything

If you count Marco Reus as a winger, you're more than just wrong. 

Archived