talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Campeonato Brasileiro - Brazil

football forum

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been watching the Sao Paulo Copa U20 as of late. Fun searching for new talent. Gabriel Novaes of Sao Paulo and Thiago Reis of Vasco da Gama have done well, scoring hattrick in each of their respective matches.

I also liked Vitoria's full back Welisson, but they just got knocked out so I won't be able to see more of him.

Watching Atletico Mineiro play Juventus now in the Copa Sao Paulo U20. I've been impressed by a few but one that really stood out is an 18 year old by the name of Bruninho. Scored 2 goals and created all sorts of good plays for Galo.

I did some research and he appears to be this teams hottest prospect.

Didn't see this coming! Soteldo is an outrageous talent who has potential to be a star in European football. This is a step in the right direction for him, being managed under Sampaoli too!

Galvez from Rio Branco are out of the Copa Sao Paulo U20 :(

They had a very nice cup run considering futebol Acreano isn't very good at all, and Galvez isn't one of the big teams in the city. I like what I saw from the goalkeeper Gabriel Emerith, who I think has potential to play in the Brasileirao at some point. Most Brazilians who follow Copinha seem to rate him as well.

Palmeiras look like favourites to take the whole thing, but I'm still betting that Sao Paulo or Atletico Mineiro will take it. Those 2 looked like the best teams to me.

• The topic was pinned
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Sad, R.I.P. Rafael.

Rafael Henzel, Chapecoense plane crash survivor, dies after football game

CVCVCVCVCVCV.thumb.png.b38c88180e67b08276042a26741db768.png

One of the six survivors of the plane crash that killed most of the Brazilian football team Chapecoense in 2016 has died after suffering a heart attack.

Brazilian journalist Rafael Henzel, 45, collapsed while playing football with friends on Tuesday. He was taken to hospital but died shortly after.

Chapecoense described him as a "symbol of the club's reconstruction".

The plane carrying 77 people, including 19 Chapecoense players, crashed in Colombia after running out of fuel.

A highly respected journalist, Henzel returned to his job at a radio station in the southern city of Chapecó after recovering from the 28 November 2016 crash.

"Throughout his brilliant career, Rafael told the story of Chapecoense," the Chapecó club said in a tribute on its website (in Portuguese).

"The green and white pages of this institution will always remember his example of overcoming [adversity] and everything he did."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-47717378

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

@Grizzly21 @El Profesor

What do you guys know of Bruno Guimaraes? We may be looking to trigger his 40 million release clause. 

From what I know, a potential rotation option for Jorginho?

I rate him quite a bit. Young with potential to still improve, and a key part of Atletico Paranaense's team that won the Copa Sudamericana last year. I think he could be a good signing for Chelsea.

10 hours ago, Cicero said:

@Grizzly21 @El Profesor

What do you guys know of Bruno Guimaraes? We may be looking to trigger his 40 million release clause. 

From what I know, a potential rotation option for Jorginho?

He´s really good. Very dynamic midfielder, with a good pass and work ethic to defend. One thing that stands out is how his long-range passing is good, something for example Arthur struggles to do. Bruno can pass acuratelly both from short and long distances.  Inter, Milan, Napoli, Chelsea, Lille and Shakhtar are said to be interested.

Athletico is my hometown team and I used to go to their matches when I lived in Curitiba, so it´s exciting to see talents like Bruno Guimarães, Renan Lodi and Leo Pereira get interest from big clubs in Europe.

A scouting report in english: https://najedendotek.wordpress.com/2018/11/25/bruno-guimaraes-atletico-pr-november-2018/

His highlights against Boca: 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Ronaldinho's son Joao Mendes signs with Brazilian club Cruzeiro

download.thumb.png.769a06e4413d2962e6b612b37a563cc1.png

Being the son of Brazilian legend Ronaldinho brings its own expectations, so when Joao Mendes went for a trial with Cruzeiro he wanted to earn a place on talent alone.

The 14-year-old forward did not reveal who his famous father was until he had had a successful trial and signed a training contract with the Brazilian club.

"Although he was the son of Ronaldinho, Mendes performed a test in the club without the knowledge of kinship," the club said. ". "With his own talent, the young attacker was approved and, only when he was already in the club, was eventually revealed the name of the famous father."

Amarildo Ribeiro, the club's director of grassroots football, added: "He is a player that has a good physical size, a high technical quality.

"He is a player who can play both as an area player and as a second striker. He is a player who, even with the big size, has speed and finishes very well."

It sounds like Mendes is a chip off the old block.

World Cup winner Ronaldinho, 39, is regarded as one of the greatest players of all time, renowned for his creativity, tricks and dribbling.

In a 17-year career he starred for Paris St-Germain, Barcelona and AC Milan and won the Ballon d'Or in 2005.

Mendes is contracted to the club until the day before his 20th birthday in 2025.

"It is a dream that one day I can sign the professional contact with Cruzeiro, play professionally, make a goal in the crowded Mineirao and dedicate to the fans." he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47854010

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

1166643145_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.552d878e714ba55d094a61610e59c29c.png

Copa America: Neymar stripped of Brazil captaincy and replaced by Dani Alves

Neymar has been stripped of the Brazil captaincy for next month's Copa America and will be replaced by his Paris St-Germain team-mate Dani Alves.

The 27-year-old forward, given the role eight months ago but under pressure after recent disciplinary issues, was informed by manager Tite on Saturday.

Alves, 36, will also lead the side in friendlies against Qatar and Honduras.

He has captained Brazil four times, most recently in a 1-0 win over Germany in March 2018.

This month, French football authorities banned Neymar for three matches after he hit a fan following PSG's defeat by Rennes in the Coupe de France final.

He was also reportedly involved in a dressing room incident with his PSG team-mates.

The Copa America takes place in Brazil from 14 June to 7 July, with the hosts taking on Bolivia, Venezuela and Peru in Group A.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/06/2019 at 03:19, Stan said:

@El Profesor is there much hype about this kid? Even before the goal?

Yes. Stan. João Pedro is a real prospect. 9 goals in his first 14 matches as a professional at the age of 17. Watford paid 2.5 million euros for his "purchase promise", with the rest 7.5 million euros to be paid later. But there is the possibility to any club interested to simply pay 20 million euros to break the contract with Watford. And I read that big european clubs are already thinking about it. 

But right now, my favorite brazilian youngster is Bruno Guimarães. He plays for my hometown team Athletico Paranaense, so I may be biased, but this kid is a complete midfielder. 

Edited by El Profesor
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I'm surprised no one has went after him too. What league you think would fit him best? @El Profesor

I think he can play anywhere really. The most important is finding a coach who believes in him and helps him in the transition to Europe. 

A chinese made an offer to pay his release club but Bruno said he doesn´t want to play in China, he wants a move to Europe.

From yesterday´s match versus Flamengo, some of his highlights, this kid is an amazing midfielder. Lead the matches in passes, ball possession and steals: 

Edited by El Profesor
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, nudge said:

@El Profesor Just saw the horror foul on Diego - apparently it's a complicated ankle fracture and might mean he'll have to retire? :( 

I haven´t heard any rumours about retirement yet, but according to Flamengo´s doctor it´s a very complex fracture and he´ll need surgery. 

Today, he will go through more exams in order to give the doctors a more accurate diagonisis. But yes, it looks really bad.

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

@nudge Two shots of Diego´s injury. It looks awful. 

Yeah I looked it up after I saw Werder's official tweet wishing him a good recovery...

That looks awful; his foot was pointing the wrong way :66_thermometer_face: Hope he makes a full recovery but given the complexity of the fracture and his age I wouldn't be surprised if that's the end of his professional career :( 

• Upvote 1