talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Campeonato Brasileiro - Brazil

football forum

7 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Jo the top scorer xD, good to see him doing well after that nightmare at City

Jo has his good and bad spells. He's had a good season after not doing much since he won the Libertadores in 2013. Overall an OK player but nothing more than a Brazilian league standard.

Just now, True Blue said:

Yeah i meant as a back up at best, at 30 probably his last chance of a big competition.

Well he was Fred's backup in the 2014 World Cup. I think that says a lot to be honest xD

The other day was huge for any football fan to celebrate. 

The Chapecoense plane crash was almost a year ago now (I believe in 12 days). Well just the other day, Chape survived relegation with a few matches to go. Outstanding achievement and it showed that everyone played for the club and the victims.

On 16/11/2017 at 7:29 AM, Blue said:

Jo has his good and bad spells. He's had a good season after not doing much since he won the Libertadores in 2013. Overall an OK player but nothing more than a Brazilian league standard.

I don't think he's that good even for Brazilian standards. Most people there find it rather dodgy that he's the top scorer in the league.

On 16/11/2017 at 7:48 AM, True Blue said:

Any chances of a national squad spot?

Nope.

On 16/11/2017 at 8:00 AM, Blue said:

Well he was Fred's backup in the 2014 World Cup. I think that says a lot to be honest xD

Fred has had a great career in Brazil. I definitely can understand why he got called up in the first place... Jô, on the other hand, has always had an odd one.

On 17/11/2017 at 3:48 PM, Blue said:

The other day was huge for any football fan to celebrate. 

The Chapecoense plane crash was almost a year ago now (I believe in 12 days). Well just the other day, Chape survived relegation with a few matches to go. Outstanding achievement and it showed that everyone played for the club and the victims.

Quite emotional, they did amazingly IMO. 

Edited by Bravado

I was going to go off on one about how special he was once as a footballer, how he gave me the same buzz as Messi did the first time I saw them play, how he was destined for greatness and what a waste of a talent he became but I didn't realise it was in relation to gang rape. The only person I can't stop thinking about now is the victim. What a horrid human being he has become.

He won't go to jail, never. Brazilian law prevents it's citizens (the ones born there) from being extradited unless it's a very mayor crime, such as genocide, killing a president and the likes. Also crimes committed in other countries are not accounted in Brazil for it's citizens, thus he can't be jailed in Brazil neither. Seems Robinho is smarter than he looks.

• The topic was unpinned

Paolo Guerrero will have his contract suspended until his ban is over.

I don't really agree or disagree with this, but I do think it works for both parties. Flamengo don't have to spend extra money on a player who is earning a lot if he's not going to train or play and Paolo has enough money to live his entire life, so its not like it hurts him in any way.

I believe he will be able to train as of march, but he is ineligible for a game until may.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Brazilian Football
  • The topic was pinned