talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Campeonato Brasileiro - Brazil

football forum

• 3 months later...

@El Profesor have you seen much of Botafogo this year?

Alexander Lecaros has been a pleasant surprise. I didn't like him at all when he played at Real Garcilaso, a very talented dribbler with no impact on the game. However at Botafogo he's been impactful indeed off the bench. Still yet to gather numbers but he's been very flashy. Much better than the other 2 under 23 Peruvians in the Brasileirao.

They look destined to go down however, and I put the blame on those signings. They signed Honda and Kalou as if this was the MLS, both who haven't been good in years. Honda wasn't good since his time in Russia and Kalou hasn't been relevant this past decade.

Edited by Mpache

4 minutes ago, Mpache said:

@El Profesor have you seen much of Botafogo this year?

Alexander Lecaros has been a pleasant surprise. I didn't like him at all when he played at Real Garcilaso, a very talented dribbler with no impact on the game. However at Botafogo he's been impactful indeed off the bench. Still yet to gather numbers but he's been very flashy. Much better than the other 2 under 23 Peruvians in the Brasileirao.

They look destined to go down however, and I put the blame on those signings. They signed Honda and Kalou as if this was the MLS, both who haven't been good in years. Honda wasn't good since his time in Russia and Kalou hasn't been relevant this past decade.

Yes. They're terrible. Botafogo is definitely being relegated this year. And worst, I think the existence of the club is at stake. Botafogo has huge debts. I don't see a way around it, specially with relegation. 

A shame, such a traditional club. 

Lecaros looked good in their last match against Corinthians. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, El Profesor said:

Yes. They're terrible. Botafogo is definitely being relegated this year. And worst, I think the existence of the club is at stake. Botafogo has huge debts. I don't see a way around it, specially with relegation. 

A shame, such a traditional club. 

Lecaros looked good in their last match against Corinthians. 

Yeah, would have been a crazy thought but seeing Cruzeiro this season makes me think it's not that far out.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mpache said:

Yeah, would have been a crazy thought but seeing Cruzeiro this season makes me think it's not that far out.

Yes, they're going the Cruzeiro route. It's even worse for Botafogo though, since at least Cruzeiro has a massive fanbase. This is not the case for Botafogo, their fanbase is relatively small. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Maracana stadium to be named after Brazil legend Pele

_117514889_maracana_epa.thumb.jpg.7d7756460762909bf2ed663f536290a2.jpg

175430129_download(1).png.27af14a78b44ab6258566a727a893917.png

Brazil's iconic Maracana stadium is to be named in honour of the country's legendary footballer Pele.

The move follows a vote by the Rio de Janeiro state legislature to change the venue's name to the Edson Arantes do Nascimento - Rei Pele stadium.

Edson Arantes do Nascimento is the 80-year-old's full name, while Rei means king in Portuguese.

The Rio de Janeiro's state governor must approve the name change before it becomes official.

Pele, who won three World Cups as a player for Brazil, scored his 1,000th goal at the stadium in 1969 when playing for Santos against Vasco da Gama.

The Maracana held the 1950 and 2014 World Cup finals, as well as the opening ceremony of the 2016 Olympics.

More than 200,000 spectators are reported to have been in the stadium to watch Uruguay beat Brazil in the 1950 final, although its capacity is now 78,838.

It was named after Mario Filho, a journalist who lobbied for its construction in the 1940s, but was known as the Maracana after the area in which it is located

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56343750

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Rafael Santos Borré is going to play for Grêmio, according to TyC Sports. Lazio had some interest but Grêmio´s offer was just too good.

Grêmio is trying to build a stronger to compete with Palmeiras and Flamengo. They also want to bring back Douglas Costa.

Edited by El Profesor