talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Campeonato Brasileiro - Brazil

football forum

• Administrator

Corinthians vs Flamengo on BT Sport now. 

Corinthians top of the league, only conceded 7 goals and have not lost a game after 17 games. 

Flamengo in joint 4th with Palmeiras in the fight for automatic qualification to the Copa Libertadores.

17 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Jo should have done so much more with his career. Another one of the "wasted talent" brigade.

I wouldn't agree with that to be honest. Sure he didn't live up to European standards, but he had a very good 2013 where he won the Copa Libertadores and scored a few in the confederations cup in Brazil. He got to play with Ronaldinho and looks like he's going to win another trophy. He's not been a seasonally consistent player, but when he stepped up, he's done well and he's won a lot.

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

That's South America though, where are his achievements in Europe? He failed on the big stage with Manchester City and Everton whilst not looking clever with CSKA Moscow or Galatasaray.

He may have been a flop in Europe, and sure he's not world class or anywhere near a top player. Its still South America though. The standard may not be anywhere near what it once was these days but the Copa Libertadores is still a prestigious trophy as is the Brasileirao. He's got his chance to play for Brazil, did well in one tournament that the Selecao managed to win. Its the other half of the footballing world at the end of the day and he's quite a successful player here.

Now, I'm not going to compare him to the following players as that would be silly, but Riquelme and Veron had their successes in South America  (while also did well in Europe) and both were excellent players and showed that even in recent times, you don't have to play in Europe to be a great player. Paolo Guerrero is another. 

Jo isn't a great player, but he's a damn successful one and he's contributed to those trophies that he's won.

Edited by Guest

3 years on from the World Cup in Brasil, what is the legacy that has been left?

I remember seeing not soon after, there was stadiums left empty and to essentially die. Stories of even the Maracana being left in ruins due to lack of maintenance and funding for it. 

On 05/08/2017 at 8:07 AM, ScoRoss said:

3 years on from the World Cup in Brasil, what is the legacy that has been left?

I remember seeing not soon after, there was stadiums left empty and to essentially die. Stories of even the Maracana being left in ruins due to lack of maintenance and funding for it. 

Very negative. Some stadiums like the ones in Brasília, Cuiabá and Manaus don´t really have a use, since those cities do not have important football clubs. 

According to the news here, Luan is going to Spartak Moscow. Really good move for the russian club, but at the same time I kinda feel for Luan. He is in my opinion a quality player who could definitely play in a better league, but the only club in an important league to go after him was Sampdoria and Grêmio rejected their offer. Since he feels like it´s time to go to Europe, Spartak was the only option left for him. I think the european market really misjudged on this one. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 10/10/2017 at 2:12 PM, Paulinho Dybala said:

Flamengo vs Fluminense this Thursday October 12th at the Maracana, THE BIGGEST Rio de Janeiro rivalry.

May the best team win :):) 

Fluminense>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Flamengo :):) 

Fluminense_fc_logo.svg.png

watching this as it's on BT Sport here :)

hoping for an exciting game! Looking at previous meetings they look to have been quite feisty given there's been lots of yellows and reds. 

Guerrero starts on the bench but hope he makes an appearance.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

watching this as it's on BT Sport here :)

hoping for an exciting game! Looking at previous meetings they look to have been quite feisty given there's been lots of yellows and reds. 

Guerrero starts on the bench but hope he makes an appearance.

He's on the bench!??

I'm shocked he's even in the squad at all. He made it back to Brazil quickly haha

I see Paolo's replacement for this match is Lucas Paqueta. I've seen him twice and was impressed by him. Only 20 as well. One for the future perhaps. Hope he doesn't choose Ukraine as one of his next clubs.

Sorry for my absence. The thread is now up to date again.

On 12/10/2017 at 8:59 PM, Blue said:

I see Paolo's replacement for this match is Lucas Paqueta. I've seen him twice and was impressed by him. Only 20 as well. One for the future perhaps. Hope he doesn't choose Ukraine as one of his next clubs.

That lad's a beast on FM! 

• The title was changed to Brazilian Football
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned