talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Campeonato Brasileiro - Brazil

football forum

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He is excellent!

Barça want to bring him in early but the contract signed with Grêmio stipulates the winter transfer window. What do you think will happen?

I have no idea. This is a very boring transfer saga, to be honest. xD Barça has the priority to buy him, but it seems they´re not totally sure if they really want him nor when they want him. 

6 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I have no idea. This is a very boring transfer saga, to be honest. xD Barça has the priority to buy him, but it seems they´re not totally sure if they really want him nor when they want him. 

Oh, they're sure they want him alright. Don't have any doubts about that... Due to the fact this is the most stupid Barça board in the history of the club (rivalling Gaspart's tenure and maybe beating it), they're playing silly buggers with Grêmio because they now need him earlier than was first agreed.  Take into account that the agreement between Grêmio and Barcelona was done before Barça even had an inkling Iniesta was going to call it a day.  Now they want him earlier desperately, but don't want to pay any extra money for an amendment of the agreement.

If the board scupper this signing, the members will lynch them!

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Oh, they're sure they want him alright. Don't have any doubts about that... Due to the fact this is the most stupid Barça board in the history of the club (rivalling Gaspart's tenure and maybe beating it), they're playing silly buggers with Grêmio because they now need him earlier than was first agreed.  Take into account that the agreement between Grêmio and Barcelona was done before Barça even had an inkling Iniesta was going to call it a day.  Now they want him earlier desperately, but don't want to pay any extra money for an amendment of the agreement.

If the board scupper this signing, the members will lynch them!

Grêmio is a very well managed club and their financial situation is good, they´re not desperate for money. Unless Arthur himself asks to antecipate the move, Barcelona will have to pay an extra to have him in July. 

7 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Grêmio is a very well managed club and their financial situation is good, they´re not desperate for money. Unless Arthur himself asks to antecipate the move, Barcelona will have to pay an extra to have him in July. 

I know mate.  This is evident after what Romildo Bozan (Grêmio president) said three days ago that there's an agreement signed which Grêmio as an entity will always respect but anything other than that and then negotiations start anew.  This Barcelona board have consistently done this which is why honourable people like Andoni Zubizarreta and just the other day, Robert Fernández have been sacked!

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/gremio-apremia-barcelona-cumplir-pactado-con-arthur-6867798

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I know mate.  This is evident after what Romildo Bozan (Grêmio president) said three days ago that there's an agreement signed which Grêmio as an entity will always respect but anything other than that and then negotiations start anew.  This Barcelona board have consistently done this which is why honourable people like Andoni Zubizarreta and just the other day, Robert Fernández have been sacked!

Definitely. Barcelona board does very shaddy dealings. I mean, they did alright in the Neymar case because Neymar Pai and Wágner Ribeiro, well, you know how those two are. But it seems to me Arthur´s staff is more serious and Grêmio´s board is very serious as well. Romildo Bolzan competely transformed Grêmio. 

You can´t help but to compare to Real Madrid. They know how to deal. I mean, see the Vinícius Jr. example. Real Madrid always held the option to call him to join the club. Easy, no drama, he´s joining them this summer.

18 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Definitely. Barcelona board does very shaddy dealings. I mean, they did alright in the Neymar case because Neymar Pai and Wágner Ribeiro, well, you know how those two are. But it seems to me Arthur´s staff is more serious and Grêmio´s board is very serious as well. Romildo Bolzan competely transformed Grêmio. 

You can´t help but to compare to Real Madrid. They know how to deal. I mean, see the Vinícius Jr. example. Real Madrid always held the option to call him to join the club. Easy, no drama, he´s joining them this summer.

The difference between Real Madrid and Barcelona is that Real have eternally been able to live in chaos.  They've learned to deal with it even to the detriment of seasons going awol in the past three decades.  Barcelona have become a buying club only in the last 20 years  even if they always had one or two great foreigners.  Real have always been ,pre adept in that sense (I won't go into the reasons behind how they became used to this though xD;)).

Add to it all this ragtime bunch of individuals and this is the result. People must always remember that Josep Maria Bartomeu isn't even a football fan.  His sport is basketball 100% which even there he's managed to ruin a dynasty in 5 years, so imagine with football.

But this isn't an opportunity to talk Barça's internal political history, just if you had more info on what the scenario was like because there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever Barça need Arthur or someone of the ilk in July, not January.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The difference between Real Madrid and Barcelona is that Real have eternally been able to live in chaos.  They've learned to deal with it even to the detriment of seasons going awol in the past three decades.  Barcelona have become a buying club only in the last 20 years  even if they always had one or two great foreigners.  Real have always been ,pre adept in that sense (I won't go into the reasons behind how they became used to this though xD;)).

Add to it all this ragtime bunch of individuals and this is the result. People must always remember that Josep Maria Bartomeu isn't even a football fan.  His sport is basketball 100% which even there he's managed to ruin a dynasty in 5 years, so imagine with football.

But this isn't an opportunity to talk Barça's internal political history, just if you had more info on what the scenario was like because there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever Barça need Arthur or someone of the ilk in July, not January.

Actually, I find this stuff interesting. Always a chance to learn through football about human interactions and dealings. 

But there is no news about it coming from Brazil. The last I read was from Mundo Deportivo. Barça already paid 4 million euros for the priority rights and have until July 15th to pay the other 26 million euros. There´s no clause about antecipating the move to July, so Grêmio wants a compensation of 10 million euros, while Barça agrees to pay only 3 million euros. 

Arthur moving earlier to Barcelona really hurts Grêmio´s chances to retain the Libertadores title, so there´s good reason to why they want a big compensation for it.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Actually, I find this stuff interesting. Always a chance to learn through football about human interactions and dealings. 

But there is no news about it coming from Brazil. The last I read was from Mundo Deportivo. Barça already paid 4 million euros for the priority rights and have until July 15th to pay the other 26 million euros. There´s no clause about antecipating the move to July, so Grêmio wants a compensation of 10 million euros, while Barça agrees to pay only 3 million euros. 

Arthur moving earlier to Barcelona really hurts Grêmio´s chances to retain the Libertadores title, so there´s good reason to why they want a big compensation for it.

I also find it very interesting although I wish I was analysing this sort of thing from a club I don't have sympathies towards.

I have this sixth sense that tells me that the board is almost in an internal crisis mode which is why they signed the fan favourite (Eric Abidal) to replace what they said was a resignation from Robert Fernández.  The dealings are terrible and they only way they know how to complete is to get the player to play rebel.  All of it is totally systematic of large corporation dealings outside sport.  In business it's acceptable, but football used to be a breed apart.  Use to be.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I also find it very interesting although I wish I was analysing this sort of thing from a club I don't have sympathies towards.

I have this sixth sense that tells me that the board is almost in an internal crisis mode which is why they signed the fan favourite (Eric Abidal) to replace what they said was a resignation from Robert Fernández.  The dealings are terrible and they only way they know how to complete is to get the player to play rebel.  All of it is totally systematic of large corporation dealings outside sport.  In business it's acceptable, but football used to be a breed apart.  Use to be.

I think you´re in for some bad times when Messi retires/leaves Barça. A similar situation to the beginning of the century, when Rivaldo had to score a hat-trick against Valencia not to guarantee a title but the 4th place. 

Not enough to outspend the likes of United, City, Real, PSG; not enough brain to outsmart those clubs.

Real Madrid signing Rodrygo means a lot, in my opinion. They not only have signed a very promissing player, but also took him off your hands. This is not good.

20 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I think you´re in for some bad times when Messi retires/leaves Barça. A similar situation to the beginning of the century, when Rivaldo had to score a hat-trick against Valencia not to guarantee a title but the 4th place. 

Not enough to outspend the likes of United, City, Real, PSG; not enough brain to outsmart those clubs.

Real Madrid signing Rodrygo means a lot, in my opinion. They not only have signed a very promissing player, but also took him off your hands. This is not good.

I don't know how closely you've been following Barça in the last year or so mate. But till now we've had one official attempt foiled by not reading the club constitutional laws xD to censure the current president and board.  Now in recent days there's been Víctor Font who is building a big support in the attempt to censure again and this time not make the same mistake as the previous group.

What I'm saying is that the only hooe is to get this present board out as soon as possible.  The way they win over sentiments is to buy big names and relax the uproar in very particular moments.  

Barcelona isn't Real Madrid and never will be. They (Barça) can only succeed by doing things in their traditional manner because chaos brings the club traditionally down to its knees and there's been four famous depressions throughout the club's history where they suffered a lot.  Barcelona can't live like Real Madrid even if they match their earnings year upon year and Real Madrid cannot be and function like Barça.  One basis it's history around its foundation which is its academy (Barcelona) while the other club have always been globetrotters.

When Messi finishes?  It will be the end of a dynasty.  Curiously the most successful dynasty in the history of football including the Franco infused 60s era for Real.  Nothing lasts forever but then again you don't get Lionel Messi's appearing out of nowhere everyday.  I would say that unless the club can return to its traditions then they will indeed go through another depression.

But hey!  I wouldn't have it any other way to be honest.  It's a genuine club and Inknow that sentence won't be understood by many. You have to study deep into the culture and the history of this sport within Spain to understand why I said that and how it can be a genuine sentiment.  Barça fans have always held themselves as a superior football phenomenon in Spain which has always been the envy of those from the capital... Even with their riches and success.  Imagine that!  Imagine being second best (aside from contemporary history) and still be able to muster unequivocal envy.

Cycles my friend!  Cycles and football is just a sport.  I've already started to teach the religion of true football to my son so as he doesn't suffer a bout of anything untoward. :banana:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I don't know how closely you've been following Barça in the last year or so mate. But till now we've had one official attempt foiled by not reading the club constitutional laws xD to censure the current president and board.  Now in recent days there's been Víctor Font who is building a big support in the attempt to censure again and this time not make the same mistake as the previous group.

What I'm saying is that the only hooe is to get this present board out as soon as possible.  The way they win over sentiments is to buy big names and relax the uproar in very particular moments.  

Barcelona isn't Real Madrid and never will be. They (Barça) can only succeed by doing things in their traditional manner because chaos brings the club traditionally down to its knees and there's been four famous depressions throughout the club's history where they suffered a lot.  Barcelona can't live like Real Madrid even if they match their earnings year upon year and Real Madrid cannot be and function like Barça.  One basis it's history around its foundation which is its academy (Barcelona) while the other club have always been globetrotters.

When Messi finishes?  It will be the end of a dynasty.  Curiously the most successful dynasty in the history of football including the Franco infused 60s era for Real.  Nothing lasts forever but then again you don't get Lionel Messi's appearing out of nowhere everyday.  I would say that unless the club can return to its traditions then they will indeed go through another depression.

But hey!  I wouldn't have it any other way to be honest.  It's a genuine club and Inknow that sentence won't be understood by many. You have to study deep into the culture and the history of this sport within Spain to understand why I said that and how it can be a genuine sentiment.  Barça fans have always held themselves as a superior football phenomenon in Spain which has always been the envy of those from the capital... Even with their riches and success.  Imagine that!  Imagine being second best (aside from contemporary history) and still be able to muster unequivocal envy.

Cycles my friend!  Cycles and football is just a sport.  I've already started to teach the religion of true football to my son so as he doesn't suffer a bout of anything untoward. :banana:

I´m sure Gennarino will be a knowledgeable football fan like his dad. :91_thumbsup:

• Like 1

Róger Guedes is playing really well. He is the top score of Campeonato Brasileiro with 9 goals in 12 games. Hopefully he decides to move to Shakhtar or Benfica and not Saudi Arabia, he´s too good.

On Sunday, he scored those two amazing goals:

And today he scored another nice goal: 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/7/2018 at 10:41, El Profesor said:

haha Some bizarre stuff happens in brazilian lower divisions. xD Including this save, on Sunday: 

Did a stampede of cows invade a pitch in the middle of a game like it does in lower league Peru?

Yeaaaaaaaaah didn't think so

;) 

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Carlos Sanchez is close to joining Santos from Monterrey (mex)

Santos are building a very nice team. They have their current players that is already a good side and also signed Bryan Ruiz. Carlos Sanchez would be a good signing, not going to set the world alight but he's good for this level. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Gonzalo Carneiro made his debut with Said Paulo. 22 year old Uruguayan forward. Btw @El Profesor what you think about G. De Arrascaeta? 

I think he is too good for brazilian football. Best Cruzeiro player. A really talented attacking midfielder and he also score his goals. I don´t think Cruzeiro will be able to keep him, I believe Arrascaeta is leaving in this transfer window to an european club. Monaco was said to be interested. 

• Upvote 1

Pedro can´t be stopped right now. The 21-year old striker score 2 more goals today and is the top scorer of Campeonato Brasileiro with 9 goals. 

He´s been promissing but it took a while for him to adapt to professional football, but in 2018 he definitely hit a stride.

1st goal 

2nd goal 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Paolo Guerrero leaves Flamengo and signs for Inter Porto Alegre. Risky move for Inter, who still have to wait on the pending ban decision. Flamengo have shown they can win without him at least this year, so while they are losing a top player, I think its best that they get him off the wages given he can't play a whole lot these days.

• The topic was pinned