talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sweden World Cup Squad

Goalkeepers: Robin Olsen (FC Copenhagen/Denmark), Karl-Johan Johnsson (Guingamp/France), Kristoffer Nordfeldt (Swansea City/Wales)

Defenders: Mikael Lustig (Celtic/Scotland), Victor Nilsson-Lindelof (Manchester United/England), Andreas Granqvist (Krasnodar/Russia), Martin Olsson (Swansea City/Wales), Ludwig Augustinsson (Werder Bremen/Germany), Filip Helander (Bologna/Italy), Pontus Jansson (Leeds United/England), Emil Krafth (Bologna/Italy)

Midfielders: Emil Forsberg (RB Leipzig/Germany), Albin Ekdal (Hamburg/ Germany), Viktor Claesson (Krasnodar/Russia), Gustav Svensson (Seattle Sounders/USA), Sebastian Larsson (Hull City/England), Jimmy Durmaz (Toulouse/France), Oscar Hiljemark (Genoa/Italy), Marcus Rohden (Crotone/Italy)

Forwards: Marcus Berg (Al Ain/UAE), Ola Toivonen (Toulouse/France), John Guidetti (Celta Vigo/Spain), Isaac Kiese-Thelin (Waasland-Beveren/Belgium)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber

Sweden was always tough to play against, and even despite all the changes in the squad after the Euros, they have a good team that is very disciplined, works well together and has a good mix of hard, tough players like Granqvist and technically gifted ones like Forsberg. They might lack options in attack, but they have been very effective in front of the goal so far. Knockout stages is definitely a possibility.

On 9/6/2018 at 02:22, The Palace Fan said:

Whilst there's no outstanding names in that list, they've kept something like seven clean sheets on route to this tournament and had a very difficult group. Given @Teso dos Bichos much publicised criticism towards Mexico, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sweden get out this group.

I had Korea to get out of the group, but after seeing Sweden last night, as well as SK just being underwhelming in every single game, I now think the Swedes will get through.

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/06/2018 at 08:22, The Palace Fan said:

Whilst there's no outstanding names in that list, they've kept something like seven clean sheets on route to this tournament and had a very difficult group. Given @Teso dos Bichos much publicised criticism towards Mexico, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sweden get out this group.

:banana:

Archived