talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jean Michael Seri - Completes Nice Fulham Move

These rumours started swirling up recently after it broke Raul Sanllehi has maintained a good relationship with Seri's team after his move to Barca broke down last summer.

Can't really say I have seen any of him, but his name hasn't been branded around anywhere near the same as last season. Hasn't seem to carry his form through to this season.

• The topic was unpinned
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I imagine the Seri to Arsenal rumours will intensify again given Arsenal's new Manager. He seems like the type of player he would have loved in his team at Sevilla.

If I read correctly he flew out to sign Seri at PSG but the Neymar deal scuppered the finances.

Barcelona had him signed and his medical done when literally as Seri was setting out to the airport to go to Barcelona and sign, Barça backed out. That situation is blamed for his mediocre season just gone as they say it broke him and spent the whole summer holiday locked in his flat.  He's a fantastic player if he can regain his form!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a matter of which club he perfers really, as I think we were in advanced talks as well. 

Given we have no manager and that Napoli are in the CL, reckon it'll be a no brainer unless we give him ridiculous wages. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/06/2018 at 20:58, Cicero said:

Just a matter of which club he perfers really, as I think we were in advanced talks as well. 

Given we have no manager and that Napoli are in the CL, reckon it'll be a no brainer unless we give him ridiculous wages. 

West Ham have now been linked. Everybody else may as well just give up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Jean Michael Seri - Completes Nice Fulham Move

If this does go through it's amazing how he has gone from being as close as you can get to signing for Barcelona to signing for Fulham in one season. Obviously a coup for Fulham, but I'm getting the impression he is nowhere near as good as people think he is.

2 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

If this does go through it's amazing how he has gone from being as close as you can get to signing for Barcelona to signing for Fulham in one season. Obviously a coup for Fulham, but I'm getting the impression he is nowhere near as good as people think he is.

I believe the only other serious contenders were us, yourselves, and Napoli. 

You lot opted for a younger and potentially better option in Torreira. 

We preferred Jorginho after he made his intentions clear he plans on following Sarri

And Napoli just got Fabian Ruiz to replace Jorginho. Again, a younger and cheaper option than Seri. 

Me thinks Fulham was the only one remaining interested. 

Archived