talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

David Moyes Leaves West Ham

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anything, I’d say David Moyes has done some good for reputation and career here.

He kept West Ham in the Premier League comfortably and they ended up two points behind Newcastle in 10th, who everyone seems to have talked up (fairly, I must add). 

Drew with Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and beat Chelsea, Huddersfield away (4-1), West Brom, Southampton, Everton and Leicester. They’re some pretty decent results. 

4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Fuck me I hate West Ham. This whole spiel from Gold wanting a high profile manager to ‘match the club’. Moyes was too good for you, because you’re so far far from high profile it’s untrue.

They won the world cup!

Didn't you know?

Benitez leaving one club that is woefully mismanaged for another club that is managed poorly and where the fans are delusional about their clubs stature is an utterly daft move. 

Benitez has earnt himself a move though. He took on Newcastle and got them promoted before leading them to 10th. Benitez should be the name linked with jobs but not the West Ham job. That’s a massive backwards step. 

14 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why would anyone leave a club like Newcastle for a club in the armpit of London?

London in general is disgusting but the east end..   Erggghhhhh

Home to the Academy of Football and the 1966 World Cup don'chanow?

West Ham truly are a wanky club run and supported by delusional mouthbreathers - Moyes is surely by far the best they can get. Any respect I have for Benitez would evaporate if he took such a gigantic leap backwards.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Benitez and his family still live in Liverpool, or the Wirral. I think he is settled here but commuting to London is similar to Newcastle, I just don't see what West Ham can offer him in terms of going forward, their owners a nutters too.

I think he's got a place in Newcastle too, but his family's still living in the Wirral. I'm not sure he commutes every single day.

I don't see why he'd make a lateral move to West Ham though, other than West Ham can maybe pay more (but I don't think he needs the money) and might give him more for transfers. On paper the squad's a bit better too. But at Newcastle the fans love him and he's got the respect of the players and isn't having to try to win over a dressing room for the first time in his career in ages.

I think Newcastle's a good fit for them and he's also valuable to Mike Ashley, if Ashley is intent on selling. Because one thing Newcastle do have for any new owner coming in with fresh investment for new players, is a manager that's proven at a pedigree better than where Newcastle are now. West Ham have ambition and more money, but they're poorly run to the point of being retarded. I also don't think the fans will love him the same way Newcastle fans do. If anything, they'll turn on him the first opportunity they get. A lot of people in England really dislike Rafa for some reason.

I'm also biased and I love Rafa and I like that he's at Newcastle, a club I like, and with fans that love Rafa as much I did.

Archived