talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manuel Pellegrini Becomes West Ham Manager

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

100% agree. If he does great his first season, that's impressive. But they're in no place to be demanding or expecting instant success and for them to bring him in and not be willing to give him time would be totally mental. And odds are the first season may not look like a major improvement in terms of results, and I think most of what they should be concerned about is whether the performances and the quality of the football on display has improved. Because if the football has improved but the results aren't quite there, that can be changed over time by bringing in better players. But if the football is shit and the results are also shit, then they're in the same position.

You'd hope that they wouldn't be stupid about it. But this is West Ham we're talking about, so I fully expect them to be retarded about whatever they do - but I wish Pellegrini well.

Spot on... As you say if the signs are there that the club is going in the right direction then they should be prepared to not worry too much about the results or trying to be overly ambitious regarding league position but more about the type of football that is being played.. If the squad is not good enough initially then back him in getting in players that will keep moving them forward all the time.. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

He will also need a bit of time to try and turn things around so they will need to back him behind the scenes as well... Nothing worse for me than bringing in a manager and then after only 1 season giving them the heave ho before they have had chance to build something.. You can't always get it right in the first transfer window

If that' the case why was moyes  sacked? I do agree managers should be given more time but sometimes fans and bourds already have their mind made up

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

If that' the case why was moyes  sacked? I do agree managers should be given more time but sometimes fans and bourds already have their mind made up

As DR G said in his post it's West Ham... If anything stupid can happen then it probably will... 

Pellegrini is also a different standard of Manager than they have been used to in recent years so it will be interesting to see what he can do with them.. 

16 minutes ago, Danny said:

So did Allardyce

Everton fans never had a problem with moyes. He doesn't play great football but it's not as bad as allardyce. A lot of where Everton are now is due to moyes

24 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

As DR G said in his post it's West Ham... If anything stupid can happen then it probably will... 

Pellegrini is also a different standard of Manager than they have been used to in recent years so it will be interesting to see what he can do with them.. 

To be fair I don' think west ham are known as a sacking club

24 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Everton fans never had a problem with moyes. He doesn't play great football but it's not as bad as allardyce. A lot of where Everton are now is due to moyes

It doesn't matter if Everton fans like them or not, both managers are of a similar ilk and the point was that they can't look down their nose at a manager like him when they've been managed by managers of his level for the past 20 or so years.

• Subscriber
On 5/22/2018 at 22:10, Danny said:

It doesn't matter if Everton fans like them or not, both managers are of a similar ilk and the point was that they can't look down their nose at a manager like him when they've been managed by managers of his level for the past 20 or so years.

They read a list of West Ham's last ten or so managers out the other day and it's actually quite shocking.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

They've appointed the Malaga director of football. Im presuming this to appease Pellegrini given he's allegedly not happy about the board not landing targets.

He's only been in the job a week xD

Even Kevin Keegan lasts longer than that

• 5 months later...
  • Subscriber

Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham boss wants to manage until 75

7 December 2018|Football

West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini is targeting another decade in management, taking him to the age of 75.

Pellegrini's men host the Premier League's oldest manager on Saturday when 71-year-old Roy Hodgson takes Crystal Palace to London Stadium.

"I hope to be working in my 70s, maybe 75-plus," said 65-year-old Pellegrini.

"I would prefer to be 10 years younger, but you can continue working in the same way if you keep yourself in good shape and remain hungry."

The Hammers boss is the fourth oldest in the division behind Hodgson, Cardiff's Neil Warnock (70) and Fulham manager Claudio Ranieri (67).

Chilean Pellegrini, who started his managerial career with Universidad de Chile in 1988, led Manchester City to the Premier League title in 2014.

"In this profession the more experience you have, the easier it is to analyse the game," he added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46482574

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Robert Snodgrass charged by FA over alleged abuse of anti-doping officials

Published: 18:15

Monday 04 March 2019

West Ham United winger Robert Snodgrass has been hit with an FA charge after allegedly abusing officials from UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) last month. The Scotland international is understood to have used “abusive and / or insulting words” towards UKAD workers who attended the Hammers’ training ground on February 6 to conduct out-of-competition testing. It is not thought that the anti-doping officials were at Rush Green to test Snodgrass. A statement from the FA read: “Robert Snodgrass has been charged with a breach of FA Rule E3(1).

“It is alleged the player used abusive and/or insulting words towards UK Anti-Doping officials who were visiting West Ham United’s training ground on 06 February 2019 to conduct out-of-competition testing.” The 31-year-old, who has played 30 times for Manuel Pellegrini’s side this term, has until March 18 to respond. Snodgrass, who joined West Ham from Hull City in January 2017, started his senior career with Ladbrokes Premiership side Livingston, spending time on loan at Stirling Albion during the 2006/07 season. He joined Leeds in 2008, helping the Elland Road side to promotion to the Championship before a two-year spell with Norwich.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/scotland/robert-snodgrass-charged-by-fa-over-alleged-abuse-of-anti-doping-officials-1-4883189

Archived